1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Durothil Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

ooc: oh ok. Sorry about that. Are there any animals around that Durothil could befriend?

2. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Hey, guys, congrats on page five! Yo, DM, when you post and there are two groups (in this case, durothil is one and the rest is the other), you keep forgetting about one, in this case the others. Rite now the only reason I have to post is to mention that, cuz I have no idea what we're doing in this nameless city, unless I missed it. I don't know what our goal is, and ALSO I don't know what we are doing RITE at this moment. So, I sorta need an update, sorry to be so harsh, and don't forget Durothil when you do! I'm just kidding. Ok, thanks alot.

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

SOB, I haven't forgot about you guys. Every one in your group should be talking about wether to split up to cover more ground or stay together. The cities name is Gopy. As of this moment the only "known" goal is to get the horse's back. I'm sure that you'll find another one in or outside the city:wink: And remember SOB your a thief, in one of the biggest cities around! Need I say more?

At this moment your all decieding wether to split or not. Dutothil is going along the wall.

4. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ic: Durothil looks back to the gate and his brown eyes widen in amazement. *they are still there?!?!?* Duro asks himself. He chuckles and shakes his head. He turns around and continues on his way, hoping for some action (hint hint).

ooc: hurry up guys!

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Durothil looks toward the trees for a breaf moment and see's something moving in the tall grasses. Goblins.

6. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ic: THANK YOU DM!!!

ooc: Durothil's sharp elven ears pick up the sounds of grass rustling and he instantly crouches down low, his eyes switching to infravision. He spots the goblins, their bodys showing clearliy next the the cool shade of the trees. With absolute silence, Duro draws back the sting of his bow, an arrow already notched. He slowly makes his way toward the goblins. He spots a stone lying on the ground next to his left foot. He lets the string on the bow untaunt slowly, and he picks up the small stone. With a small flick of the wrist he sends it flying toward the far side of the band of goblins, hoping to divert their attention over toward that area. As soon as the stone leaves his hand, he draws back the string once again, aiming carefully at the head of the closest goblin. He holds his shot, though and begins to scan the area, looking to see what effect the stone had, and what is in the immediate area.

ic: Well, are the horses there. And is this an ant or a dog?

7. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Durothil, just thought that you'd like to know ic: means in char. and ooc: means out of char. :wink: Your welcome. ~DM

The goblins hear a soft thomp in the forest. They all turn towards the sound with their swords drawn. They spread out to cover more seeing distance(goblins cant see things clearly for more then four feet, every thing after that is just blur). Their are five goblins with their sword drawn looking through the forest. Eight others are holding ropes with horses tied to them. Theirs no way of knowning if their the horse's you looking for though.

You have the element of suprise and a back attack. So if you happen to fire that arrow and hit(which I think you will) they'll be off guard for a minute and then you can fire again or rush them. Ether way or one of your own will deffently take out some of their force. Since you'll the only person this is a dog fight. :hehehe:

8. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] IC: Do try and behave in the city, SOB. Ivana makes a subtle smile to SoB. Ivana then takes the first step towards the city gates. Ho there city guard of Gopy. Might the humble party of ours gain access through the city gates? We seek supplies and sleep. And our horses where stolen so a good stable wouldn't do any harm. Ivana thinks about the long travel ahead of them to the dark hills. Without horses they won't find the crow gem.
    She aims for her gold pouch, and speaks to the guard again. Should we pay a fee to enter?

She then looks worried after Durothil in the shadows and wonder if he'll be alright. But he is nowhere to be seen.

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

The guard looks at them. "It is free to enter. If you draw your swords to attack some one you will be beheaded. If you are cought stealling, your hands will be chopped off. Their is no fee to enter, the prices in their are high enough. Supplies, as soon as you walk in. Sleep, a few blocks after that. Horses stolen? I dont know about any stealling," He looks at you, memorizing you features, "but if you want horses their in the far back. Try not to piss any one off will ya'?"

10. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

OoC: Idon't have long to write, sorry.

IC:"I declare, not the nicest man in the world, is he?" Shadow mumbles under his breath. "So where to first Kin? I say we should leave the horses for last intill good Doro comes back! Whatdo you think?"

11. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] IC: thank you my kind Sir Guard. CI looks back at Kin too. Should we meet in the inn where we can sleep in a few hours? SoB perhaps you should stealth in a check up on Durothil, I have a bad feeling about this. CI steps forward to one of the guards. "you wouldn't happen to have seen two Draconians passing by in a hurry would you"?

12. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ic: Durothil bites his lip as he thinks about the odds. *hmmm, should I do this? There may be too many...* Durothil nods slightly as if deciding something. Durothil looses the arrow he had notched at one of the goblins inspecting the noise. As soon as the arrow leaves the bow, he tries to slip into the shadows and relocate himself.

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Kin looks down at them. "I am not sure what to do. It's up to you."

The guard, "Two draconians? I do remember seeing two, yes. It was yesterday. Not sure where they went though. But they havent gone any where. This is the only way out and in."

The arrow flies through the air. Wham! It hits one of the goblins with a sword on his leg. He falls to the ground yelling a yepping. The other goblins, not sure where the arrow came from, trun around in all different deireactions tring to see where the arrow came from. Durothil looks at them for a secend. Relizing that they cant see him he crouches down but makes no effort to hide himself.

14. Durothil Gems: 2/31

Durothil grins and notches another arrow. *Hmmm, it seems they are blind as bats!* He loses another arrow at another goblin, aiming for the neck. *Lets hope I can have a clean kill on this one, I hate the sound of creatures in pain* As the arrow flies, he looks to see if any of the goblins have spotted him yet.

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

OoC: I'm trying something different.

IC: Lhydia wanders around in the city, away from her companions. All the hustle and bustle is new to her, as the racial interaction. Dwarves, elves, halflings, and men. "Wonder if they ever quarrel." wonders Lhydia. After getting enough of a look around, she strays outside the city, to the surrounding countryside.

OoC: Alright, DM, now you can make something happen ;). And sorry, I've been sick like hell this past few days, so I can't post as much.

16. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

SOB: You might want to cheak this out, Dwarves are gay, heres the link, http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001545.html

Durothil watches the arrow fly through the air. Fluush! The arrow goes right throught a goblin's eye, taking him down. Seeing another goblin fall they start to take notic of witch way the arrows are comeing from. Though they haven't noticed Dutothil they will with in moments.(6/8 goblins)

Rhythm, ooc:Dont worry about being sick. It happens to the best of us.
    Lydia looks around at the country side. It's amazing as to how much is really in this walled city she thinks. The main city by the frount gate. Then it spaced out to cover the farms and some forest parts. She could see that in the distance part of the wall streached up in to a mountion. Incredabal(dont know how to spell it, dont have time to look it up)! How much was really in this walled city was behond her. As she looked around two very tall, very buff looking beings wth wings where walking along the farms eage. What are they?

I've got power!

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited February 02, 2002).]

17. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ooc: I GOT POWER BACK!!!!DRSW, when you say hit in the eye, the goblin is dead, right?

ic: Durothil notches another arrow and changes the angle of attack, moving more to the left. He aims at one of the goblins guarding the horses and looses the arrow. He ducks down into the tall grasses and notches another arrow. * Damn, only 5 arrows left.* He quietly crawls back to his previous position, but stays close to the ground. He peers over the tall grasses and sees...

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Yep, thats one dead goblin.

The arrow had missed. No goblins had fallen, but they were advanceing at a run. With in secends they would be on top of Dutothil.

19. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ooc: Whoa, I am no longer a floating eye!

ic: Durothil snarls as he sees the goblins running toward him. He throws he quiver and bow aside and draws his sword, his eyes focused intently on the approaching goblins. With a cry to Corellon, he slice down on the neck of the closest goblin.

ooc: Crap, here we go. Where are my other hoosier friends when I need 'em?

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Taken by suprise the goblins head rolls of his sholders. The other goblins holding the horse's draw their swords and come running after him. Suddlen all Durothil can see is sword slashing and pain! So much pain! Slashing and then suddlenly he's on the ground. Two goblins stand on top of Durothil thier swords rasied to cut down and take his life. The goblins look back over their sholders, BLUUM! BLUUM! The goblins sudlenly exploded over him! He was covered in blood. So hot blood. It burned...the world went dark.

Some time later that night...Durothil comes around.

Durothil
    HP: 6/15
    XP: 1100

Its nice to have power and heat back dont you think Durothil?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.