1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cat in a Wheelie bin

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Silvery, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Y'know, I could have sworn I started this thread about a woman putting a cat in a bin...not the IQ of the feline spiecies...

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    .. Spiders!!

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, heading this tangent off at the pass, any commentary on the relative intelligence of cats and pigs (or any other animal for that matter), should be taken to the new thread.

Teh Kittehs is Smarter than Babe

(Spiders can stay here Barmy, although I doubt you'll find many people offended by smashing them, throwing them in bins or otherwise disposing of them . . . )

Silvery likes this.
  4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Considering the law of the jungle has been "eat or be eaten" for the last hundreds of millions of years (give or take), I put no greater moral compunctions in having to end some lifeform to feed another.

But such killings serve a purpose. Feeding someone else. Being cruel to something living just because you can - even if it's much "less" cruel in absolute terms - is something we humans could very well do without. It's just recently we've begun to throw the question out: Why don't we, then?

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow, things can get really serious because a woman decided to ditched a cat in the waste bin. I personally don't see the importance of going into discussion with that but I am a bit curious though about a situation I've seen in the movie. The movie was Snake in the Plane, yeah, the Samuel L. Jackson starer. The scene involves a guy, a jerk to be more precise, throwing a cute little hairy terrier (not sure what kind of dog) to a huge snake in order to save his life (or buy him time), let's stop there and forget about his fate in the movie. To most of the ladies that I know and have seen the movie. They automatically hate that guy. Personally, I think I would do the same thing if I was in that situation. The fact that I'm not, I still think that guy, jerk or not, deserve the right to use that dog to preserve his life. So am being cruel to animals?

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    As a woman I find that post offensive! How could anyone watch such crap like Snakes on a Plane all the way through AND remember it afterwards? :lol:

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey, blame it on those women who keeps bugging me about it. :lol:

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yippy dogs are really loud cats in disguise and deserve to be thrown into wheelie bins and snakes. At least a traditional cat is usually quiet (and usually asleep).

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

In a previous post, in a thread far, far away, NOG responded to one of my posts with this:

In my city, at least, there are pretty strict regulations about dogs. If your dog gets into a neighbour's yard there's gonna be fast and serious repercussions, not the least of which would be a fine. Dogs are not allowed to run around the freaking neighbourhood. They must be licenced. But when people who do not enjoy cats asked for the same sort of rules to be applied to cats, the owners went on and on about how cats are DIFFERENT and they need to roam, and we have the right to let our animal defecate all over your property and yowl all night and breed feral cats. The laws were tightend up significantly, but nevertheless, cat owners still have it easier than dog owners in my neck of the woods.

I'll respect the rights of people to own and enjoy pets on their own <snip> property as long as they respect the fact that I don't want their animals on my property.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.