1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Children used in pro-gay indoctrination

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

No, but it's not objectional to use the reverse argument that homosexual fathers are bad for children to make homosexuality 'not okay'. :rolleyes:

If two homosexual parents can bring up a healthy, productive, law-abiding child then all the power to them. What sickens me is the baseless accusations that they can't do this and so they shouldn't even be given the chance to prove the accusations false.
    Considering how its televised, the light shows, the quality of the music and multiple camera angles I somehow don't think the performance is being done at a school. Yet even so, if it was then would it be so bad? School is the place where children are taught not only information and skills but social graces and disciple/morals. Religion is allowed no place in public schools, in fact religion is not allowed to interfere with any facet of public schooling just the same way how schools are not allowed to interfere with Church sermons outside of school. On that note Religion can not dictate to schools what can not be taught in schools. If a teacher wishes to express their opinion to children in their class that homosexuality is fine then under what grounds can anyone complain? Would somebody demand that the teacher not be allowed to say that and what would the basis be? That its against religion? But I thought religion has no place in schools. If religion can say what is not allowed to be said in schools then I dare say a slippery slope will form if any lesson in school is against a particular religion then it simply isn't allowed to be taught.
    Replace 'certain' with 'different' and take out the word 'deviant' since thats merely a matter of opinion then re-examine your statement. You'll see that you'd rather teach children bigotry than acceptance and correct me if I'm wrong but bigotry seems to be a major factor concerning violence.

In the end its obvious that some people think that only their morals should be the ones taught to children and that teaching morals that are opposed to their morals should be disallowed or deemed a crime. I'd love those people to feel the same prejudice unto themselves that they seem to wish upon others.

2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@Abomination
    I think the point of what schools teach is where we differ. School is for reading-writing-math and so on. If the schools would stick to that it would be fine. It is not a place for teachers to teach their opinions on how my (or your) children should believe and think. This is the parents job. I did not say G/L parents should not be alowed to adopt, I did say both a father and a mother are best. This I know from experience. I was raised by two women. I did not realize until i was about mid teens that I was constantly looking for a father and then realized how much I valued any attention from men I respected. I was hired and got my real start in life by a station owner who took a chance on a smart ass kid no one else would. My father figure. Fathers and mothers are both needed if possible. If no one steps to help a youngster except a G/L couple do what is best for the kid. Mom was a great parent but she was mon not dad. Two mothers cannot, repete cannot take the place of a mother and father no matter how hard they try. I think the same would apply for two fathers. They can however I am just as convinced love a youngster very much and try just as hard to give a child a good life.
    Back to my point, let me teach my own kids how to live and let the schools stick to academics. Let kids sing or shout or whatever how they feel and listen but do not try to insist on teachers setting what is correct thinking or not.
    Never teach hate either, I have left one church over that and moved my kids out of one school when the were young. This is the parents responsibility, not the schools to watch out for and control.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31

But the teachers need to do this at some stage or another. Children must be disciplined and its obvious that not all parents can be relied upon to discipline their children.

For example, if at school the child of a homosexual couple is being ridiculed because of his homosexual parents what should the school do? Telling somebody not to do something isn't enough these days and frankly only soldiers obey commands without needing to know 'why' first. So for the teachers to tell the students to stop picking on the child won't be enough because at some point in time somebody will say "Why? His parents are gay." Then for the teachers to say "There's nothing wrong with being homosexual." then they're overstepping a line because they're exposing children to their opinion? Indeed, if schools are supposed to be places of learning then there should be nothing wrong with telling children that there is nothing wrong with having homosexual parents, since there is no evidence to the contrary.

The morality of homosexuality is currently of social interest and I strongly believe that children should be kept up to date with current events. Many of my morals were learned in school, imparted upon me by my more influencial teachers. Maybe my parents agreed with some, maybe they didn't but the fact is that children will be exposed to many opinions and points of view and to deny the child those opinions will do more harm than good.

Wait... what were we talking about again?

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

First, I teach moral purity. do not commit greivous sins like fornication, adultery or homosexuality.

Second, we are to abstain, not to hate or puinish. God is the one that punishes the sinners on spiritual matters, not us.

Third, while we do exclude gays and lesbians, it is only because the benefits of religion require obedience.

This is not bigotry. If that is the case, then so is every rule or law in existence...

Why not look into the history of Missouri and especially the "Extermination Order" and see if that doesn't match what you are talking about.

5. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think people are looking at this song way out of context. It does not look like a single song sung to try and convince people that gay parents are wonderful things, but as part of a (school?) performance as a whole. I could be wrong, my understanding of other languages is very limited, but this IMHO does not smack of "Pro-gay indoctrination." These children all look like they're enjoying themselves!

He's a good singer though, isn't he? :lol:

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

that there is religius indoctrination and has about as much home in a school as any other form of indoctrination.

thier is no scientific evidence for homosexuality to be bad, there are no laws against homosexuality, so currently acceptence of homosexuals as equal people is what there should be thought.

the parents, the children and the teachers has all the right to disagree with the view, but its what the children should be thought. the teacher can then point out that some religions oppose this believe, but the teacher may not teach that homosexuality is wrong. Because that goes directly against what the law says, regardles of your religeus believe. Do try to remember that there is a saperation between state and church, which meens that church laws dont apply to other people then does of the religion who willingly chose to ophold them. And that there in public schools wont be favorised one religion.

Secondly if children singing about it being okay to have gay parents is wrong, then children singing about how good any god is, is just as wrong.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Interesting that you'd bring that subject up. You see, the reason for the Mormon extermination order was that many people thought their system of belief was yucky and wrong and so that type of worship should be removed. Legal steps should be taken to show that the Mormon system of belief/worship is not welcome in that particular state. Because its yucky. And wrong. And a peverse interpretation of the Bible. And yucky. And its putting words in God's mouth. And did I mention yucky? Dare say they think because somebody has a different system of belief they should be exterminated. That's it. The only reason is because they believe something else. I would think that, being a Mormon, you would sympathise with the homosexual plight to be recognised as acceptable and normal in the eyes of the law despite the fact that other religions deem you not so.

You do realise that Mormonisim is shunned by the majority of the Christian religions and deemed a load of bollocks, right? Catholics, Orthodox and Prodestants might not agree on some matters but they certainly agree that Mormons are barking up the wrong tree... on the wrong continent.

Where I'm going with this is that you have people who disagree with you, think your ideals are wrong, are lies, are a sin. But they'll let you preach them. They'll let you be Mormons and frankly they couldn't give a sweet fanny adams what your Mormon beliefs are as long as you don't step on their toes.

So you've felt the prejudice but rather than try to remove the prejudice from the world and wish it on nobody you think that because you've suffered it you now have the right to dish it out?

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Equester, my problem is not with indoctrineation, but what is being taught. The reasons for my religious opposition are not simply that "God said so", but that there is a better eternal option that unrepentant homosexuals are excluding themselves from. A position which requires a foundation build here in their mortal life to enjoy.

Abomination: Until I see Homosexuals being killed, I just see them as whining. Even the religions that don't agree with us would still say that homosexuality is bad...

9. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Actually homosexuals have been killed before because of who they are one good example would be the Nazis (there are more).

10. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

which is in fact indoktrinating if thought in school, since this eternal place they exclude them self from, by not repenting only excist in certain religions

11. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Heck, I'm gay now thanks to that song. Damn catchy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.