1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cooking In General

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Also kuemp did you try drying it for at least a few hours, I do that with mine and have little problems and also follow BTA's advice.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:doh: Thinking back, there was some air in the pocket. This is what the cookbooks don't tell you.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Iku-Tursos Lemony chicken (for two people):

chicken, sliced
    leek, sliced/ onions
    carrots, sliced
    red pepper, sliced
    yellow pepper
    garlic
    chili
    2 lemons
    2 oranges
    corn flour
    soy sauce/salt

Extract the juices from the lemons & oranges (should give about a pint of juice). Fry the chicken. Fry the vegetables, but don't overdo them. Put the meat &the veggies in a pot. Add the corn flour into the juice and stir. Add the mixture into the pot. Heat it up. And that should be all...If the sauce is too thick or too sour, add some water.

Use the garlic & chili according to your own taste. Same for the soy sauce.

Eat it with rice, noodles, pasta, quinoa or what ever you have.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

From the world famous I Ain't Got No Money cookbook:

slice a bun in half or use bread
    spread spaghetti sauce on bun/bread
    top with cheese of your choice
    cook at 350* for 5-7 minutes or til cheese is bubbly

:yum:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Iku-Turso, I got to try that one. Sounds delish :D

Incidentally, does anyone know what the hell are you supposed to do with asparagus? :confused: I bought a bunch at the store bcause it looked fgood but then ealized I have no idea how to cook it..

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    MMMm there are lots of things you can do with asparagus. Just steamed with a little salt and pepper is good but if you want to get fancy make a nice cream soup with some exotic cheese.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    yeah but, um, how ate you supposed to prepare them? Just dump them in a pot? Peel them? Wash them? *has no idea*

8. DarkStrider

Chop them taking off about 1-2" steam/boil for 3-4 minutes serve with melted butter and lemon juice and black pepper :yum:

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Rinse them well.

Snap off the bottoms - just bend and let them break where they will. If you have thick ones and don't want to lose so much, use a vegetable peeler to take off the outer, woody parts of the end.

Steaming or boiling is the simplest way to cook asparagus. Just don't overdo it - make sure they're still bright green and a little crisp when you take 'em out of the pot.

Try roasting them - toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, spread in a pan in a single layer, and rast at 400 F for about 8-10 minutes. Again, don't overdo it.

10. Dice

Media:
    O.K. I spent the day making fresh ricotta cheese with a gallon of whole milk. Now I need some ideas for what to use it with. My preference is savory but sweet ideas are welcome too.

11. DarkStrider

Mix it with spinach, black pepper and basil then stuff pasta. Cheesecakes are good either sweet or savoury. If you mix it with some peccorino and parnesan it will make superb cheese sauces and souffles.

12. Dice

Media:
    I discovered that mixing it with pesto makes it taste wonderful. Add that to lasagna and it is brilliant. Even the little tyke was impressed.

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Well, I just made my first attempt at Passover baking, a flourless chocolate-hazelnut gateau. I'll let y'all know how it is after dinner on Thursday.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    So, I have a huge chunk of lamb that I intend to roast pretty soon (asw in, when it finishes thawing) Any suggestions as to how? :D

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

With lots of rosemary sprigs stuck into it, and drizzled with olive oil.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Incidentally, my sister just bought mne a rosemary plant. Can we say great timing? :D

thanks, HB. :)

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The cake was yummy and nicely textured. A winner!

18. Dice

Media:
    Why don't you post the recipe Rally?

19. Arabwel

Media:
    the sheep is in the oven now, drizzled with olive oil and with sprigs of rosemary, a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, lemon pepper, thyme and majooram.

Cant wait to see how it works out....

20. DarkStrider

You forgot the garlic!!! :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.