1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dealing with high blood pressure

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kuemper, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Swimming is an excellent choice for exercise; however, if someone can't go swimming a simple walk for 5-10 minutes can do the trick as well.

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Reducing the salt is hard if you have to live on a lot of canned and frozen stuff, as many of us on limited budgets do. At least with the canned stuff you can rinse it thoroughly and get some of the salt out, and there are a few items available without salt added, though you must read the label carefully to make sure they haven't made up for it by adding sugar or something worse. The frozen stuff is harder to reduce the salt in. It gives me the willies to read the labels on canned soups and some of the frozen meals I used to eat a lot - the can has two theoretical servings (but I used to eat it all) and one serving had 57% of the recommended allowance of sodium for a full day, so I was eating 114% of my allowance for one meal item. There goes the rest of the day down the tubes . . .

Part of the health crisis where I live is that people honestly don't have the money to buy fresh, healthy foods. A ramen noodle package (sodium out the wazoo) costs 15 cents at Wal Mart and a single apple costs 50 cents. Which one are they going to buy?

Sorry about the rant. All I can say is, read the label, read the label, read the label, and think twice about buying it if it has a lot of sodium. Reducing your sodium intake will indeed help bring down your blood pressure, but it is very hard to do unless you're fairly well off and can spend the extra money for healthier food.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.