1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt who?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Drizzt has to be the only goody two shoes that I admire anyway.
    Maybe that's why I don't mind rangers but hate paladins.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm...yeah plus rangers get that bonus against certain creatures...

3. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Drizzt is not particularly hard to beat. He is located west from Beregost and when you enter the right area you will here gnoll cries and on the screen which tells you about damage and xp you will see Gnoll : Death. Have the fighter with the lowest AC equipped with a Composite bow, boots of speed(Which you can get off the body from a guy just in front of the Cloakwood mines) and lots of healing potions. If you don't have the boots of speed you can still win, it just makes it a bit easier. Drizzt will be hacking away at about ten gnolls and he asks for your help. (Not that he really needs it as he kills with one hit and it seems that at least 20% of his hits are critical) Position your characters (which should also have alot of healing spells) in a U around him with your fighter at the top. When all the Gnolls are dead attack immediatly so he goes hostile. Keep firing at him with your fighter and use your other characters to surround him to stop him coming closer and have your fighter switch to a powerful melee weapon and attack him with that. Back off your other characters that are not fighter types and make them switch to ranged weapons except for your priests and mages which will be casting offensive and healing spells respectivly. I am guessing that his AC is at least -4 and his THACO is about the same. He Dual wields two +3 weapons and one called the 'Defender' grants a -2 AC bonus. He has +4 mithril chain mail and a pair of boots of speed. You get about 11 000 XP points but your rep greatly suufers. He does not have his most prized item, his onyx panther figurine how ever.

[This message has been edited by Silver Dragon (edited December 13, 2000).]

4. Shura Gems: 25/31

You ranger slaying bastard! Me and Minsc will kick your butt, him with Liralcor and me with the Equaliser and Celstial Fury!

5. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

That'd be right. Need a talking sword, Celestial fury and the Equiliser to beat my Level Six party whose best equipment is Two +3 scimiters. Oh and a nice set of chainmail, and two sets of boots of speed.

6. Shura Gems: 25/31

2 of us against you six.

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'd back ya up Dragon!

I'd just pull out my handy dandy wands of Heaven and Monster Summoning! Then I'll have my fighters take out their Crossbow of Accuracy and Crossbow of Speed and bolts of lightning!

Have at thee!

8. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Hmm

[This message has been edited by Silver Dragon (edited December 16, 2000).]

9. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Cheers Sapiryl! Even so Shura, Level 14-15-16 guys against level 6 guys. Even though I outnumber you 3-1, a good gamer wouldn't need the Equiliser.

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

My ass. I aquired it fairly and so intend to use it.

11. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

As I said before you pansy piece of shit, a good gamer would not need the Equiliser to beat a level 6 party so by saying a good gamer would not need the Equiliser to beat a level 6 party I am really saying you suck.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31

Look who's talking with Frostbrand +3 and Twinkle + 5.

13. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

The Twinkle is only a +3 weapon. I don't really think its right adding the AC bonus to the damage and THAC0 bonus. When I first saw the +5 weapon in the game manual I did not think that they would allow it in the game. I was surprised when I found it on Drizzts bloody and mangled corpse, but then greatly disappointed when it was only a +3 weapon damage wise. They didn't make "The Staff of The Woodlands +4" a +7 weapon just because it gives you a +3 AC bonus. Even so Shura, only two good weapons, compared to your three. And my weopons by BG2 standards aren't that good. I am not saying you could not beat me. But the fact remains, Only two of my Characters have good weapons and their AC is -1 and -2 with THAC0's of 11. Tell me the Stats of you and Minsc and we will compare.

Oh and I can't dual weild either.

[This message has been edited by Silver Dragon (edited December 19, 2000).]

14. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Hey Shura, you gonna answer anytime soon.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] So I might be a lousy player but I'm still gonna kick your ass for beating on Drizzt.

16. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Tell me Minsc and your main characters stats.

17. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Er...Tiax rules al...
    Me and Minsc will kick your butt anyway. Boo and justice demands it.

18. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Just give me the god damn Stats!

19. Shura Gems: 25/31

typical level 19 and 17 characters. what do you expect?
    Boo and justice demands that we unleash liberal beatings on ranger slayers.

20. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I question the sanctity of your name Silver Dragon. A slaughterer of rangers proclaiming himself as a Silver Dragon? tsk tsk...

Join the ranks you belong...

Black Dragons are the greatest of all dragons anyway...

Amon-Ra

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.