1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Isn't the aim of the opposition to NOT let him do anything?

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

no, eriksson doesn't give him that much flexibility. He is the old defensive midfielder in England, not the "carry the weight of the team alone and strike a long range cannon to stage a miraculos come back" Gerrard of Liverpool.

oh.. and the name is bang bang bang bang, not just bang bang bang.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Riquelme is the official Man of the Match in a 6-0 game and how many fantasy points does he get? -0.5, he's credited with one foul committed and that's it. Negative points! :mad:

The scoring system in this fantasy game is truly abysmal. :confused:

4. teekc Gems: 23/31

well, if you well aware of the scoring system of this fantasy game, then you would know how to play by it.

when i set up my team initially, i pick the players i like or the hardworking players. It is later i realize, the problem is, hardwokring doesn't transfer to score in this system.

A few "keys" are missing from this scoring system. The easiest way to judge "involvement" of a player in a match is the pass and heading stats. This scoring system doesn't include this. It would be nice also if one can get extra score from the man of the match.

5. Earl Grey

@teekc
    Sure, I understood the scoring system when I created the Cuddly Kittens and I don't regret picking Riquelme as captain. He could just as well have ended up with several assists and shots on goal.
    Sour grapes for him not getting any points. :)

My criticism stands though; the scoring system is weak and Riquelme being chosen Man of the Match and getting negative points highlights that.
    You mention a few stats that could easily have improved the game were they included. I agree with you.

6. teekc Gems: 23/31

Decooooooooooooooooooo :banana: :banana: :banana:

dude, totti is my captain, why do you sub him out, in first half!

x indicates captain of the day.

[ June 18, 2006, 00:27: Message edited by: teekc ]

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, my players are rubbish. Ronaldo who? Ronaldinho what?

8. Earl Grey

[​IMG] Zidane rocks! :toofar:

Fouls Committed: 5
    Yellow Cards: 2
    Goals: 0
    Shots on Goal: 0
    Assists: 0

:help:

9. teekc Gems: 23/31

there goes zidane. maybe this is his international last match, ever.

players like ronaldinho, young zidane etc, are famous for their technique, passing, creativity, all these matter nothing in the scoring system of this fantasy game.

[ June 19, 2006, 02:47: Message edited by: teekc ]

10. Harbourboy

You can't measure creativity in a fantasy game. This is our fault for not choosing Ghana's goal scorers in our team.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

well, if you take passing and dribbling into consideration, a playmaker would have more chance to making passes and such and would get more points out of it.

12. Harbourboy

Ah well, at least this game was free!

13. teekc Gems: 23/31

hear hear. with a in game in group message board to boost.

14. Harbourboy

Why do you keep going on about "Buller"? That's a one horse town in the South Island that nobody ever visits. Are you planning on going there?

15. teekc Gems: 23/31

earl gray is gaining on us, we need to do something.

and actually, i was going to type "bueller bueller"

16. Harbourboy

Bah, they took David Villa off before they started scoring all those goals! :bang:

17. teekc Gems: 23/31

look at the number one guy, he doesn't even have keeper!

18. Earl Grey

Well, well. It seems I had a good day yesterday! :D
    Remember though, my "Slow Food Lovers" are not in competition anymore since I decided to go with the "Cuddly Kittens". Was that a bad decision?

19. Harbourboy

Go Joe Cole! He's in my team!

20. Earl Grey

0 points... 0 points... Sound familiar? It seems we all suffer from having our players benched today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.