1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Silver Dragon, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Earlier in this thread a post spoke about weapons different than the main ones everyone uses. What about those? Don't get me wrong, the reason we all use those others is because they have powerful abilities but I wonder if there are others out there?

For instance, the Staff of Rynn, Sling of Everard, or, one of my personal favorites, the Giant-Hair Crossbow.

Does anybody else have odd favorite weapons?

2. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think the staff of rynn was strong, but it that's all. It didn't give anything else, just +4, while all other weapons, at leats the ones that strong, have certain other things as well. Increase strength, resistances etc. etc.
    I liked that club, forgot the name, that yoy get at the entrance of the druidgrove, where you'll be attacked by a lowsy group, with good stuff. The clubb gives +3, +an additional 3 acid. No, wait a second, I bought that clubb at that little village, Trademeet I believe. The guy there has more interesting things than Ribald has!
    I almost bought his whole shop, because of all his stuff.
    I think crom fayer is too strong, although I still use it. I guess I have to say that the best weapon of all is Carsomyr. Man, that sword rocks, especially in the hands of Keldorn carrying that hill giant strength belt.(Or your own paladin ofcourse).

3. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

BLACKRAZOR...It's evil to the core..and badass to the bone.

4. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I never liked the Flail of Ages... a wholly overrated weapon.

To chose a lesser known/ obscure weapon combination I'd go for Korgan dual wielding two +3 Battleaxes, can't remember the names but one was 'stone' and the other was 'ice' i think the dished out additional damage. He had grandmastery in dual wielding by the end too.

5. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hmm-I like the halberd-I can't remember the name, but you either assemble it or find it, but I know I had it in the drow city. It has +1 acid, fire, cold, poison, and electric damage. Dragon's Breath, I think.

I think the one you assemble is the wave halberd, so this one is different, ah well.

6. Ghengis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've got an odd choice...

Right now my main character is a swashbuckler who has 5 weapons he mainly uses

for ranged, he has the +3 shortbow that doesnt need arrows

for up close, he uses Ras, the sword of roses and dragonslayer by way of activating Ras to fight along side him, and then dual wielding the other 2. I also use flame toungue if I'm going up against undead (had to, it was my fave in the first game)

My Favorite weapon the, is Larlicor, the talking sword. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, it is so funny. Even though I have Carsomyr as the main weapon on Keldorn, when not in battle I walk around with Larlicor unsheathed just to hear it talk. Humor keeps the game from driving me nuts

l8r

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I decided to make my pally use longswords and flails from the start in single handed style. Later I added Katana´s (yep, I love C`Fury) and maces for my final duel with Bohdi (the mace of disruption is great.

IMHO among the best are:
    -Fine longswords are for me Namarra (+4 damage! - who cares about just +2 THACO), flamethounge (+4 damage on undead, no THACO bonus - but this isn´t important when you use it on a good fighter), daystar (my lifesaver in various encounters with lower undead - had poor effect on liches) and I like blade of roses, Adjatha and dragonslayer too.

-Flails are great weapons, I was able to use the-flail-of-the-ages all over the games with spelendid effect (especially on skelettons and Trolls), until I got it I used the wyvern´s tail with good effect for this purpose. The defender of easthaven is a good flail too - who cares about the +2 features when you can use it for it´s boni and have FOTA for the real badasses that need at least +3 ?

-maces: Skullcrusher and mace of disruption are wonderful weapons.

-two handed swords: Lilarcor is really good, and with warblade and carsomyr they are probably the most powerful weapons in the game - though halberds have a better initiative usually.

-Halberds start to be interesting for me (or better Minsc), here I like dragonbreath (a two handed flail-of-the-ages if you ask me), the dragonkiller halberd and the wave.

-Katans are great, with some great weapons available, Malakar, Dakkon´s Zerth blade, Malakar and C`Fury.

-I like daggers, especially boneblade and firetooth are excellent weapons.

I dislike hammers and Crom in particular. It is overhyped, just like the half-orcs 19 str. All peple like Crom for it gives a +4 THACO/ +7 damage bonus (due to str-25) to *ONE* fighter. Well, I prefer to have my main char use the girdle of stonegiant strength and to give the gauntlets of ogre power to another char. With the girdle of hill giant strength and the girdle of stonegiant strength (and Minsc with 18/93) you will have a very good melee punch and can carry lots of loot and armor.
    Since there are many ways to decapacitate a fighter (even a main char) I think it´s better for the party to disperse power in the group to enable it to deal with temporary losses (like main char stunned or so).
    As for Crom´s instant kill on some golems feature isn´t that important, my by far most successful weapons to fight golems with are slings (sling of avoreen & sling of everard) ....

And even the thought of dualwielding Crom with C`Fury makes me sick ...

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Carsomyr +5;because my favorite class is the paladin; It can open anybody's guts, YEAH!!! :D

9. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

longsword +2, varsecona blade
    is nice.....................in bg1

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Everybody talked about melee-weapons, what about missile-weapons-bow?

I like the Gesen Bow and The Giant Hair Crossbow very much.

11. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like the gesen bow too, but not for my main character, for he is a half-orc Barbarian. Nalia uses the bow.
    I also like almost all long bows, except for the one that are +1. I think those are the most encountered weapons in the game! At the end, I was soooo tired of them!
    Next time through, I'll be an archer though. Nice!

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] No one has even mentioned the killsword??

13. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Thats because that is the ultimate cheaters weapon and that it isnt supposed to be in your possesion at all. An because its so good that its not fun playing if you use it.

14. Avooch Dar Guest

My favorite is the Sudblade Daystar long sword +2

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My fav ranged weapons:

-slings: Sling of everard (no ammo); sling of arvoreen (beholder dungeon, underdark); Alras dragonbane (shadowlord dungeon). For bullets are considered as blunt weapons they have good effect against skelettons and golems. Slings rock!

-fine shortbows: Tansherons Bow (no ammo; trademeet) is a fine weapon; I used it on Mazzy and it is the best shortbow available till you complete Gesen´s Bow (no ammo). The bow of the tuigan (CC-quest) is great for thieves, for it boosts up their number of attacks per round.

-fine longbows: Manabow +4 (forgot where; really good, though it gives no damage bonus); Elven bow (?! name; de´Arnise keep iirc) is nice; Heartseeker is among the best I think and the strong arm is a good weapon too (at Ribald´s, requires str-19).

-Fine crossbows: Heavy crossbow +5 (unseeing eye quest); gianthair crossbow (?! name; Ribald´s); light crossbow of speed (CC) and the drow crossbow +3 (great thing).

-There are some nice throwing daggers (boomerang dagger and firetooth), throwing axes (... never used it though) and a great throwing hammer (for dwarves only ... never used it though)

16. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

After sending Irenicus to the lower planes of hell again (just a couple of hours ago) I have my 2c to add:

- Celestial Fury and Crom are off competition, so I won't say anything

- Gesen Bow - man, it is great - its lightning attack goes through almost every defence of a mage - excellent for disrupting, because at the higher levels fighting mages is all you care about.

- Spear of Withering - when facing a lich, Jaheira takes it and beats the crap out of these undead thingies. She killed all the liches in the game almost by herself. It also comes through almost every defense - great for fighting mages.

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Celestial fury and that nice short sword that lets you cast haste was my usual weapons that the character used throughout the game

18. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What is the Killsword that Capstone mentioned?

Is it that one that that thief guy has?

19. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

No, it is the Blackrazor - the longsword that you can obtain in Hell when taking the Evil path at the Test of Greed.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'll not take blackrazor. The sword is pure evil and blood of the innocent is on it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.