1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite cheesy/B movies

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Apeman, Jan 12, 2005.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Newfie If I was in the wood with THAT girl, I won't be scared of Canibals ;)

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The first Kickboxer! I must have seen that a hundred times!

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Oh...Kickboxer and Commando, talk about classics :D

I wonder if I can break a palmtree by kicking it with my bare feet :rolleyes:

Or kill a whole island of fully armed soldiers by myself :p

4. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cyborg and Bloodsport! Those old Van Damme movies are so cheesy yet so good.

Hammer House of Horror movies are great as are Amicus Productions.

5. Newfie Banned

Point taken, Sleepless. But I bet you would still be sleepless.

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I loved Final Destination 2. Even though the movie was truely awful, the deaths were just so funny, I was laughing through the entire movie. Definately a great one.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh I thought of another nice and smelly cheeseball - Critters! How can you go wrong with evil alien porcupines? Also, special mention must go to the scene where the shape changing alien bounty hunter is given a playboy magazine to emulate and after shifting proceeds to remove a giant staple from her stomache. :lol:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Student Bodies.

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

The Toxic Avenger. Classic, man, just classic!

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah yes, the Toxic Avenger, my god that was cheesy delight. You have to love exploding heads simulated using a melon and food colouring. I guess that means that Scanners should get an honourable (or should that be dishonourable? ;) ) mention too! :lol:

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If cheezy, badly simulated, gore is your thing, then Braindead should definately be in with a mention. That was so over the top it was ridiculously funny.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Anything with Chuck Norris. Any film in which the main character can kill 5000 men with a pistol and then give a thumbs up afterwards counts as a classic in my book :D

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The problem with Chuck Norris movies is that they are oh-so-cheesy, but not particularly enjoyable.

Oh well, it depends on what type of cheese you're in the mood for :D

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Does Equilibrium count as a B movie? I loved it. Pitch Black was great as well.

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Off Topic:
    We had a local movie here that had the lead hero hold the sharp side of a knife in front of his revolver. Pull the trigger, and killed two bad guys who were running away. That's half-a-bullet for each baddy. Cheesy enough? :D :grin: :shake:

16. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

'Critters' and the 'Evil Dead' series are brilliant.

I wonder, why didn't anyone mention 'Freejack' in this thread? Mick Jagger rocks (excuse the pun) as a bad guy. :D

17. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I can't believe nobody here has mentioned the Tremors movie series! Those are, like, the best B-movies of all time. Especially the fourth one, with the little baby graboid(s).

Or has nobody here even heard of them? Either way, I still say the entire Tremors series is my favourite.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I would agree with you regarding the first Tremors film but I didn't really care for the second one. The t.v. series was quite lame too.

19. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

About the television series: Agreed. The tv run was terrible. But I rather liked the second movie, myself. Personally, T4 was my favourite, followed by T1, then T2, then T3, and then after a huge gap, the Television Series.

I first saw the original at twelve-thirty in the morning when I was seven. I did not sleep easily for several nights. And it didn't help that my room was in our basement. Eek.

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I just saw 'Walking Tall' starring the Rock and jonny Knoxville. I had some serious steven 'bonebreaker' Segal flashbacks. The film was mediocre at best but the cheesy lines and the old fashioned cheesy fight scenes were great. The Rock is really shaping up to be this era's bone breaking actor :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.