1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Disney movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jesper898, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, Lilo and Stitch was wonderful, it's gonna be a classic in like 50 years from now. But, if you want to go old school Disney, then definitely Robin Hood, the Jungle Book, and the Aristocats.

BTW-Rallymama, I totally love "The Rats of Nimh!" It was dark, the sun did not shine, and the characters were actually well developed! *weeps happily* That was a wonderful cartoon, I love it so. However, it turns my stomach to think that the sequel of it was a total disaster. There was no singing in the original, why must the mice burst into song every 10 minutes? And in the first one, there was no happiness, and in the second one, everything was cheery, and even at night, it looked chipper. I do so hate it when they take a wonderful classic, spit upon it, and then make it into something that it wasn't supposed to be.

Like, Disney's coming up with all these remakes to classics like 101 Dalmations, The Jungle Book, I think, and some others who's names escape me. Why? Why must they do this? You're ruining the good nature of the originals! Why can't you think of anything else to do? Find something else to draw, but leave the classics alone!!! Thus, I now end my rant.

Oh yeah, one thing. That movie, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." That definitely wasn't Disney.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Hercules and The Black Cauldron are my two favorites. It is hard to make a choice between them, they are both good.

When you are a kid, those movies are great. When you are a teenager those movies seem childish. When you are grown up, they are funny again.

BTW Who Framed Roger Rabbit was created by Disney and Warner Brothers

4. Velcro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Silver Blade - I have to agree on The Black Cauldron :D . When I first saw it it was hard for me to beleve that it was a Disney flick.

What really surpries me however, is that for a board with lots on RPG/Fantesy/etc fans, that it took The Black Cauldron so long to get on the list.... Just anoth overlooked gem. :)

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] In some ways Lilo and Stitch is good and in some ways it is bad. Maybe I just need to see it again.

It seemed to be missing something, but I can't place my finger on it. But it was out there that's for sure. Nothing wrong with wild ideas but maybe if I was going to go the whole galatic/hawaiin/cute monster angle, I would have done it a little differently :p .

And your tone dissapoints me Dark Goddess :p . Who Framed Roger Rabbit was indeed Disney (and WB - makes sense if you think about it) and it is good!

Puh-puhleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee Eddie!

Quit that laughing! One of these days, you're going to die laughing!

Toons...

Oh yeah, and Roger Rabbit has Admiral Motti in it from SW!

I find your lack of faith disturbing. - Vader
    Aack! - Motti

[ January 29, 2003, 02:38: Message edited by: Big B ]

6. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] My favorites are Little Mermaid and Lion King.
    [Pixar is an independent production studio that has a contract of distribution with Disney, essentially meaning Disney can do whatever they want to Pixar flicks, becuase otherwise they won't get released]

[ January 29, 2003, 06:36: Message edited by: The Irreligious Paladin ]

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Probably the little mermaid. Or Peter Pan.

I have Kingdom Hearts too Jesper, it rocks. :D

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hey you guys better be careful...When Matthew Kelly's home was searched they took away his Disney videos and the papers made a big deal about them...apparently adults don't watch Disney films

Make sure you're not next in the witch hunt

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.