1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First Dates

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Crawl, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I usually don't cook for someone unless I think the relationship has potential...I wait until the 3rd or 4th date...I'm a pretty good cook...I can make a mean jambalaya & Beef Stroganoff from scratch!

Now that I think of it, it's been a while since I've cooked for anyone...But then again, I haven't had many 3rd or 4th dates lately. Usually 2 - then fizzle.

That's probably why I have so many posts! :D

2. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, Belis.. they act like they're having a good time and all but as soon as you move close they scatter away. :)

Dude, homemade Beef Stroganoff is my absolute fav. I haven't had that in years. Do you make the noodles from scratch as well?

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Oh MY! A perceptive paladin preparing provisions! Perfect! :D

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh, heh... For my girlfriend's birthday this past Friday, I made Lasagna and a Death by Chocolate Torte; both from scratch.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It all depends on the amount of time I have...I've made the noodles before, but I usually just buy Egg Noodles to save time.

Other than that, it's from scratch. :D

Darien - You are quite the rhymester!

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 23, 2001).]

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Gotta like cooking for your date. Always impresses them. What's even nicer is inviting a girl to the restaraunt you work at and getting the guys to prepare something special for her, or going back there and doing it yourself. But I just did something bold I haven't tried in a long time. Got fixed up(but casual), bought a yellow carnation(stupid flower, but her favorite color), went to her house, and asked her to dinner in person. I couldn't think of any interesting thing to do around here, so I just asked her out in a cool way instead. She was surprised, and impressed I think. Now I gotta top myself at least one more time before I pull out trump card and cook her dinner. After four dates, I think I can relax a little more :D

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Any advice for blind dates? I've been set up on one for this weekend...But the person that set me up doesn't really know me all that well. It should be interesting at the very least!

I've been on a few over the last couple of years, friends setting me up becasue they want me to be married (or at least seriously attached) so we can all go out and do couply things - instead of me being the 3rd, 5th, or 7th wheel, or constantly bringing someone different. Apparently that gets annoying too!

Any suggestions for a successful blind date? I usually just try to get to know the person, and have a good time...But I'm always up for some advice. :D

:D Wow! My 400th post!!! :D

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 24, 2001).]

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Blah! I don't believe in "blind" dates. Email is a quick painless way to start a dialogue that will at least give you a starting point for conversation. Aside from that, I have several single friends of both sexes, and we've come up with a great way to avoid the whole blind date thing.

We have group get togethers (couples and singles both) for dinner, cards, games, etc. and anyone can bring a friend who is hoping to meet someone. That way, there's no pressure, and you get to scope out your prospects. Then, if there is any interest, us matchmakers get to hand out phone numbers the next day... :D

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    That's not a bad call - I think I've been taken to a couple parties like that. Maybe I should get my cousin to give me her email address. D'uh, I never even thought of that! What do you for fun up in Maine? Moosetipping? Lobster fests? :)

Just playing :D...I was almost transferred to Maine with the last company I worked for...I was going to move to either Belfast or Camden.

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Um ... no ... but, I knew a group of guys in HS who did go cowtipping sometimes. I saw it once. Ridiculously funny!! if somewhat rude to the cows. lol

Actually, I'm much more south. No potato fields, and few cows. I live in a coastal tourist trap, so we have a huge seasonal population swing. And I'm proud to say that I've *never* been to the Yarmouth Clam Festival. :D

Mostly, I hang out in my pool or at the beach. Winter is time for lots of those dinners I mentioned. I used to ski, but it's been years ... :(

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited January 24, 2001).]

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Doesn't sound too bad...I've heard a lot of good things about Maine. I said the Moose thing because I had to fly up there once for work on the small company plane, and we landed on a really, really small airfield, and there were Moose (Mieces? LOL) walking around on the landing strip.

I actually had a friend that lived in Yarmouth for a little while...But she and her husband moved back to my neck o' the woods about 8-12 months ago...

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Heh, sounds like that old show Northern Exposure ;)

13. herf Guest

[​IMG] well i took rachel (my present girlfriend) to a mettalica concert last week in the odyssey centre in belfast, it was kind of a first date cuz we havent really been anywhere else...
    we had to share a lighter cuz hers ran out of gas!! it was lots of fun and i now absolutley love metalica!

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

yeah, metallica rocks!

15. herf Guest

[​IMG] metalica is absolutely fucking brilliant, the best son in the whole world is either-
    no leaf clover
    or
    enter sandman.

theses songs absolutely excellent, i have never felt this way about a band before in my life!

16. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I know you fellas are young, so I wanted to lecture you a bit ;). If you like those songs you should really try to listen to older Metallica stuff, like And Justice for All (blackend is a really kick-ass song!) or even older still is Ride the lightening (fade to Black may ring a bell). Just making sure that everyone knows that their was a band before their self-titled (or black) album. Some of the best lyricists I have ever heard.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.