1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For dark film buffs

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Alright, I used Google to find the last five (or else curiosity would've kept me up all night). I never heard of the dark cave and the basket man ones. I should have gotten the straight jacket one. I've heard of the back to back guys, but never would have gotten the clue, and the mommy with the kiddos was just lame.

I'm still surprised I got as many as I did, considering I probably saw about ten movies from that list (yeah, I know, I don't know my classics, but I'm not a big horror fan).

Harbs, count the steps (the answer was already given on the previous page).

And DR, you will see Vukodlak's hint was actually quite useful, when you know the answer. Prepare to hit yourself on the head.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ok, now I have them all. I shamefully admit to looking online for the answers to the last two. I'm a dirty, dirty whore.

But hey - at least I can think about something else now. :D

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

32. Still can't get the other two stair related ones.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wonder if one of us should post a comprehensive hint list...

Any requests?

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't get the tunnel one either.

6. Death Rabbit

Media:
    That one was tough for me, too - and I needed help. So here's a hint.

The tunnel is extremely dark. So dark in fact, one might say that it's...

7. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well I thought the 2 men would be the hardest...

Got 49 - just that 'spy' in the window (as BarmyArmy says), bet it is too obvious for me.

@Death Rabbit:
    The dangling baby - ignore both kids and concentrate on who is holding them;
    The dark cavern - think of a baseball mound and the colour of "darkness"...

8. Death Rabbit

Media:
    You must be late posting this, Rock...I got 'em already. Thanks though. ;)

9. Harbourboy

Still no idea on:
    - black tunnel
    - kids dancing
    - woman on stairs
    - men on stairs
    - woman holding kids
    - planets crashing
    - where the hell another 12 clues even are.

10. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Harbourboy:
    black tunnel - see my last (late) post
    kids dancing - "chucky 1"
    woman on stairs - see previous clues (David Lynch, cloth type)
    men on stairs - they don't like each other, so they have a ...
    woman holding kids - see last (late) post... and Egypt
    planets crashing -
    "No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

11. Harbourboy

Still can't get:
    - the spears sticking out of the ball of wool
    - the dark tunnel
    - the guy with the lamp
    - man with pumpkin on head
    - where another 9 clues are.

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Wow...you may NEVER finish this thing. :shake:

C'mon man, think...what color is it...those aren't spears...

13. Harbourboy

Arrows from the orange ball?

Still on 37. And I haven't yet hit the handicap of not having heard of the movies (that other people have). I've heard of all them so far, but I'm still stuck.

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Look at the position of the "arrows" (hint - they aren't arrows). What kind of circular object has "arrows" pointed in a similar manner? And what other spherical objects are also orange?

This was the first one I got on the page. I thought it was by far the most obvious. :confused:

15. Harbourboy

Ohhhhh.

Still stuck on:
    - shadow in tower
    - tunnel
    - man with lamp
    - leprechaun in tree
    - house with big door
    - man with pumpkin on head
    - the mountain
    - the grim reaper
    - the tied up fella.

[ September 26, 2006, 04:28: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

This is hard, mainly for my lack of knowledge of old horror movies.

HB:

There is only one movie about a leprechaun, and you just told me.

17. Harbourboy

Well that was no help. So I'm still stuck on 41.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The answer is in the question you asked.

19. Harbourboy

How dumb. 8 to go.

20. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

- shadow in tower - That's not a shadow, but an extra terrestial (And no, E.T. is not a horror movie).
    - man with lamp - Barmy spoiled this one on page 1, but ignore the man, the lamp gives light.
    - man with pumpkin on head - Try this one with three words less, and you got it.
    - the mountain - They are two very identical mounting tops (think David Lynch).
    - the tied up fella - Well, he looks insane. He must be a ... (think Hitchcock).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.