1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games that make you wanna pull your hair out and run around screaming obscenities

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Azirath, Sep 24, 2001.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I'd have to agree with the Shadow Godess. The Wheel of time is a BIG let down. It spent a total of 1 day on my PC then I finally uninstalled it. I normally love shoot'em ups but the Wheel of Time? :toofar:

A game that I'm playing right now along with ToB that makes me "wanna pull my hair outand run around screaming obscenities" is a strategy game called SHOGUN: TOTAL WAR. Its a GREAT game but its so damn challenging and realistic that I haven't been able to discern the AI's pattern, both in the real time warfare and the strategy aspect. One clan focuses on cavalry while another picks off your better commanders with their ninjas. Damn! :D

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] The only games that give me that sense of failure, frustration and frenzy are the games women play with my mind. :toofar: :aww:

Don't get me wrong ... the pay off's are worth it :love: but still .... they sometimes make me want to drill a hole in my big toe and fill it with Red Devil Turpentine :flame:-- just to minimize the pain.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Star Wars: Force Commander. Never did a game look sooo cool on the box! But it was the clunkiest, most difficult games I have ever played! Couldn't figure out how to re-supply, so my armies got crushed. When supplies did come, they never landed them where I asked them too! I know war is hell, but sheesh!

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tomb Raider! Damn! They should have stopped around, oh, say...number 1. The sequels sucked and the gameplay was the worst I'd ever experienced.

Podracer is annoying as hell. Great game, don't get me wrong, but you'd just about have the board won and - whoosh.

:wail:

5. Ultima 9.
    Any FPS.
    The s..s...s(aaaargh can't say it, its too awful..)ss...sims!! AAAAAAAAARGH!!! :aaa:

6. Amis:] Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] all the NLF games, sims (except mechwarrior 1-3), microsoft games, flight sims, diablo, and :eek: :aaa: console games.

Sorvo, BG1 and 2 are the best ever! :toofar: :shame: shame on you!

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] NLF games? You mean NFL games right? What's up with you people? I love sports and flight sims and I love racing games. Geez. Plus there are good console games out there. I speak for the N-64 at least. But I do agree down with Diablo.

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I have to confess that i really hate almost ANY racing game, and despise sports sims with a passion, especially football (soccer to all you americans out there;)). There is ofcourse the exceptions of Speedball 2 and Sensible soccer ofcourse, those games were just pure class:D.
    The worst game i ever played in general for making me very frustated was tomb raider 3 just because of all those damn bugs.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Ok for all the people who hate racing games (IMHO the best kinda game to play real quick and blow some steam with, perfect if you have a quick five minutes on your hands). You hate them but yet supply no reasons. What you always loose or something?
    ;) :grin: :p

10. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Metal Gear Solid! Awful! Horrible! Over-hyped game!

They said its non-linear - its not! they said its huge and takes tons of time to finish! it doesn't!

75% of the game is f$%&ing movies and conversation that go like this:

professor - "Snake! They're going to start a Nuclear War!"

Snake - "Nuclear war?"

professor - "Yes a nuclear that's wear governments use nuclear weapons to, etc. etc. etc." (they show pictures of atomic blasts and so on at this point)

Snake - "Nuclear weapons?"

Professor - "Snake, are you retarded?" (ok, I admit it, I said that, the guy can only speak in moronic questions...)

Oh another great dialog moment (among hundreds I assure you) was: "Snake do you blieve in love on the battlefield?"

WHAT?!

The whole game takes place in 4 different areas, that you have to repeatedly return to... to get in maybe one extra room. The voice acting... the control... its giving me a migrane just thinking about.

11. Ok, this probably has been mentioned before but I'm too lazy to read all the stupid games you peeps hate so this is what I hate...

DIABLO AND DIABLO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well it seems to me that diablo though over hyped and definetly not as good as everyone says, is not as bad as so many people here make it out to be, at least in my humble opinion.

13. My brother played Diablo and now playing Diablo 2 expansion set!!!!! So *I* at least know what it's about!!!!:flaming:

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited September 27, 2001).]

14. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like most flight sims. Umm... for oen i was truly frustrated with, the original sim city, and Simisle.

15. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Even though I'm primarily a strategy gamer/roleplayer, I still enjoyed Diablo2, esp with expansion. Of course, half of my fun was just designing the character and deciding where to spend skill points, but still--it's more interesting than shootemups to me.

16. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I really hate Might and Magic VIII. One of the worst CRPGs I'Ve ever seen!

17. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The walking in Diablo 1 is the only thing bad about the game, but it is mean!

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

age of empires: fall of rome. that game is so good but its to dam hard to play. but i love it to death when i use the cheats:evil:

19. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Final fantasy series are the most incredibley awful games ever made.
    Even in number nine those fight graphics were practically one pixel each.
    It is twee it is lame and it must DIE!!!!!

20. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Defenately Diablo I, Diablo II and Lord of Destruction. I failed a class, wasted a year of my 'life' and now look back in horror to Thousands of wasted hours.... Thanks for ruining my life Blizzard!! :wail:

[This message has been edited by Igneous (edited September 29, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.