1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

God Hates Gays...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Sep 9, 2005.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    DarthOne:

Wow - so many broken rules in a single two line post. Very impressive.

There's general bashing of a country (based, apparently, on a nebulous and ill-defined sub-set of people living there).

There's generalization of an amorphous group of people (red-necks and/or religious zealots, which, by the way, are certainly not the same thing).

There's bad spelling and grammar (it's spelled zealots, I presume that you meant that you "can't" stand the red-necks to which you referred, and there is no reason to have a comma after "reasons" nor an "as" after the comma).

You may want to re-read the rules a bit or, who knows, there could be a special plaque in the future for you.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

DarthOne: While it might be an interesting thread to get opinions on why there is such a perception of hatred against our southern neighbours, this is not such a thread.

Further, it would not only be the zealots that oppose homosexuality, but the rank and file of the faithful. It is specifically pointed out in the doctrine of Christianity that it is to be opposed.

And as for rednecks, I don't think it's just the rednecks but all christians. Rednecks are a more recently defined subculture (not officially, but according to pop culture). If you want the truth about rednecks, listen to Jeff Foxworthy, and you'll see that there is a little redneck in all of us.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Darth One: You hate people because they are from the country (rednecks) and you are from the town. You also hate people because they are zealously religious while you are not. How is that different from hating gay people when you are straight? What makes you better than the zealots are?

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    This site www.godhatesfags.com seems pretty kooky to me, especially after I read this whopper.
    :nuts: They also have some nice activist photos on their site :nuts: Someone get them a straightjacket, and for good measure some heavy medication.

EDIT: Now these creeps are so crazy, can it possibly be real?

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No Ragusa, they are for real. This is America: Land of the Televised Extremes!

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Surely the life expectancy of these people is pretty short now. God help them if they ever run into Spellbound. She'd string them up for sure.

7. DarthOne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Could you just please just TRY explain me how I said these things in the first place ? I NEVER said that ! Rednecks are a bit everywhere ya know. They can be either from town or from outside of towns.

And btw I never said I was BETTER then them, just said I din't approve of their beliefs and/or of their ways of seeing life in general.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Harbourboy --

No words could describe the interaction that would ensue. ;)

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To all - I already posted a warning to DarthOne. Therefore, you do not need to do anything nor do you need to respond to his post. Let it lie.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Actually, Ragusa, I wonder if other religions have made this groups naughty list for sending aid to those that got screwed over by Katrina?

If these guys really do have some clue about what they are talking about, then the stories about Mardi Gras must be false. Any city where women are encouraged to flash their breasts can't be all gay...

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Spelly, I'd take a stab at "righteous retribution"... I'm guessing it would make "Dawn Of The Dead" look like "My Little Pony", huh?

@ Gnarff: Damn right. Anyone who can look at what's happened in New Orleans and say that sort of stuff is evidently not paying attention to reality. New Orleans during a festival is/was hardly a modest city, but I'm guessing that nothing short of absolutely piety would satisfy some of these folks.

It's sad how they've taken a tragedy and used it to advance a hateful, perverted agenda, and they'll probably take the response to their bile as proof of Earthly corruption. I've seen it all before, only in the ultra-Lefty groups at university. Secular or religious, self-righteous dickheads are still self-righteous dickheads.

12. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

Those crazy virgins running the show from the Vatican have gone and done it again! Apparently, homosexuals, even celibate ones, will no longer be able to be don the fabulous frock.

I'm going to have to do a little research to learn how they are going to enforce this policy. If a man does not have sex with anyone, how can he be gay? Will they watch his eyes to see what bums he peeps? Will they quiz him on his knowledge of similar yet differently named hues? If the standard is effeminate behavior, they are going to lose half of their clergy!

This should be interesting...well, not really actually...

Just Old Mother Church becoming more and more distant from Her children...

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Erm. I've never had sex with anyone. Am I not straight because of this?

14. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I think he was querrying how they would be able to tell if he was Gay or not if he was leading a celibate life.

I doubt in reality it will mean the slightest bit of difference. There has been enough examples of homo- and heterosexual paedophilia in the past then either a.) that priests don't always tell their superiors the truth or b.) If they do, then their superiors don't do anything about it. It's hardly as if they need to be told that this is wrong and perpetrators should be imprisoned... surely?

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Agreed, Carcaroth. I also don't understand why the Catholic Church puts forth rules like this. Priests are supposed to be celibate. That means regardless of what your sexual affiliation is, you shouldn't be acting on it anyway.

Also, I believe Chev pointed out in previous posts (or was it Gnarff maybe?) that the Church is primarily opposed to acting on homosexual impulses. That homosexuals have this "cross to bear". The thinking being that it is one thing to have the urges to engage in homosexual conduct (which may or may not be of one's own choosing), but the actual act of engaging in homosexual conduct is definitely of one's own choosing.

My personal opinion is that straight priests probably do have heterosexual urges towards women, but aren't supposed to act upon them, and I see no reason why homosexual priests should be any different. Plus, if someone does not engage in any homosexual behavior, how could you prove that someone is a homosexual? (Which I believe is what was being pointed out.)

I also think that saying a lot of priests are gay is somewhat a streotypical response for the very reason that they aren't supposed to have sexual relations with women - or anyone else for that matter. It's that line of thinking - he doesn't have sex with women, so he must not be interested in women, so he must be gay. Which is obviously false in most cases. As chev correctly points out, if not having any sexual relations with women is sufficient criteria to be considered homosexual, then he would be a homosexual, which he clearly is not.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Perhaps. But is the Mother so much different now, or is society luring the kids away from home?

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Aldeth,
    you overlook that the Almighty has it all written in his golden book, and that St. Peter will read it to them sinners before he kicks them down that golden ladder to a very hot place, where they can spend out all eternity honoring the Lord and Maker in a literal lake of fire, Amen ... :rolleyes:

There is no need for proof when there is absolute certainty. That must be one of the nicer aspects of being a raving lunatic.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Ragusa - amen brother :thumb:

However, unless the pope/cardinals are going to go around and ask individually each priest if they are gay or straight, and then assume each priest will be truthful in their response, how would they know? Will they all be divinely inspired with a perfect sense of "gay-dar" that they will intuitively know?

19. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

An interesting excerpt from the NY Times article.

20. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Required chastity has never been a good idea in the first place, and I'm talking for any kind of priest. The Bible clearly states that church officials (speaking of the early church here), not only shouldn't be celebate, but had to be, or have been, married, "...husband of but one wife,".

On the up side, at least they're finally starting to live by what they preach. A religious institution should strive to fill itself with people who obey its laws and, while no one is perfect, do not deliberately break them.

Sorry, all you catholics, but you've got problems. :toofar:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.