1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Good Console RPGs...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Faraaz, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

What are you talking about Kam? the only bad FF games are FF VIII and FF X-2. the rest are great, beautiful graphic and great stories, with interesting characters and great plot twist. And a lot of people, new to FF will enjoy FF VIII because it has great music, an okay story (when not compared to other FF games :) ) and one or two interesting characters, the only real problem being the very lame main character and his annoying girlfriend.
    Final Fantasy's is one of the best thing to waste time on :D

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Equester

Damn straight! ;)

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Equester: Hear Hear. :D

Honestly though...in light of my PS2 being wrecked, I've started playing through some really cool RPGs and strategy games on my Gameboy Advance.

I'm currently playing Fire Emblem (that is SUCH an awesome game...it rivals other PS2 titles in entertainment value), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Golden Sun 1&2 (these are great as well) and Legend of Zelda : A link to the past.

Does any one else do strategy and RPG games on the GBA? The lil package is quite good :)

4. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Yeah I Love FFTA, even do the prelude is kind of stolen from the never ending story, it's still great. And Golden sun 1&2 is old school, they reminds me of many of the rpg's for the snes, which are still great. somehow Golden sun 1 really reminds me of Lufia 2, they both have some really fun dungeons and good little puzzles.
    The Zelda series are one of my favorite Console Rpg Series A link to the past and Links awakening are both great, sadly I have never taken the time to play either of oracles games (Seasons and ages I think they where called).
    Got to get my hands on fire emblem I can see. but there is a lot of old school rpg's for the gba, which is great IMO

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Tactics Ogre is awesome, and if you don't have the SNES, you can get a ROM if you promise to delete it within 24 hours.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Equester: Aye...Fire Emblem is SOOOO great! Its really rare that you come across a handheld game, which has awesome RPG elements (for a handheld atleast... :p ), Strategic Battles you can play over and over, and :eek: NON-CORNY Storyline!! :eek:

Ah well. I can't seem to find Tactics Ogre for the GBA anywhere near my place though. EB and Gameswizards dont have 'em. :(

Guess I'll just have to manage with Shining Force : RotDD, Advance Wars 1&2 and Lufia :RoL.

How hard does a GBA rock?? :love:

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh this just sucks.. :mad: You guys have an EB over in India and we don't have one over here? :/ tsk, we gotta get better stores in this place :(

8. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Tactics ogre: the knights of lodis is great, it's somewhat more mature then FFTA and just as great, so I hope you'll get your hands on it someday :) . it really make me wish they had translated the old tactics ogre for Snes, so we weren't just left with ogre battle, not that ogre battle wasn't good. the battles just got a little boring in the end and they lacked some tactic options.
    damn I wish I had more free time, so I could replay all does games :(

9. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Enagonios: Mate...I'm from India...but I've been living in Sydney for the last 1 year, cuz I go to Uni here. :p Sorry bout the mixup.

I suppose it should say Sydney in my "From" column, but I'm technically from India, so I let it stay.

PS: Finished the "Hector" mode playthrough with Fire Emblem...starting on Hector Hard mode...which is pretty much nigh on impossible to finish apparently.

Fire Emblem is the BG2 equivalent for the GBA. :D

10. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i recommend Final Fantasy 7,8 and 9, real good Rpg's, but FF 7 is the best of the three, i'm playing FF 7 now for 5 years (!) and still haven't completed it whole, cause there are just too many secrets.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.