1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Good games you've played lately?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Death Rabbit, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I agree with Chandos, I picked up Warlords IV During my vacation, on sale to, for around 16 USD. and it's as fun as the rest. I still find it a little to easy, but still it's great fun. And I like the new campaign. Although it seems like W II and III had bigger maps.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

System Shock 2. Fantastic game, one of the best games I've ever played. I also played Strike Squad again recently using a DOS emulator.

4. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Fallout Tactics. Though it has pretty much nothing in common with the previous Fallout games, I found it to be a very good game.

Though I wouldn't say it's one of the best games I've played it has to be one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I've had.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Sparhawk

KotOR is that good huh? my comp's video cards and stuff are kind of old so i generally stay away from games with flashier gameplay, but if I ran Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast fine, will KotOR run just as well? or does it have higher sys requirements?

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

KotOR doesn't seem to be too taxing on requirements: P3 1Ghz, 128 RAM, 32MB vid card with hardware T&L.

I'm a total star wars nut, so it added to my enjoyment. But there is something too cool about a game in which you can leap 60 feet and slice a Dark Jedi to ribbons with two lightsabers in the space of 3 seconds.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Soul Calliber 2. One of the best beat 'em ups I've ever played.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@ Kilted Crusader

I prefered Soul Calibur 1. Because it had Sophitia.
    :D

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Divine Divinity. Basically Diablo, but with more and better quests and decent character interaction. Almost like a Diablo/BG2 cross.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Tassadar

Soul Calibur 2 has Sophitia also. you jsut have to unlock her in the weapon master mode. Besides, Cassandra is better imo ;)

11. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Divine divinity, where I agree with splunge, it's much like a Diablo/BG mix.

Gorasul again a Diablo/bg mix, but with more BG in it, with joinable npc's, talkative weapons etc. And like that you can play the game in three modes, Quest, quest/battle and battle. So you can play the game purely as a roleplay or a Hack'n'slash or a mix i between does two.

Max payne 2. My favorite FPS

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I bought Gorasul awhile ago but it crashed after two minutes of gameplay two times in a row and then I shelved it.

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I have played lots of games lately but no good ones.

14. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Um, no one's mentioned Grand Theft Auto:Vice City???? I'm still playing this one. My friend and I both finished it, but we go back and do vigilanty missions, try to find new ways to comlpete missions, etc. Great game!
    007: Everything or Nothing
    Of course any of the EA Sports games. Fight Night and MVP Baseball.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Sophitia *and* Cassandra. Goodness, I won't be able to sleep for weeks now. Still no one can rival the dodginess of Voldo.

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm currently using my two weeks before school in part on Temple of Elemental Evil. Downloading the latest patches, it really is a great game in my opinion.

Its too bad that Atari made the decisions that they did with this one, because the first few months of release are when its absolutely crucial to make a good impression.

I'm hoping that interest revives (in the wake of the patches) such that Troika can feel justified in making a sequel.

17. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I hope you're right Beren. I bought the game when it first hit the shelves and i think it's great for what it is- An old-school dungeon crawl. I would love to see a sequel. ;)

Maybe they could throw in the drow as a choice for race in ToEE 2!

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Tassadar

I'm more partial to Taki myself ;) I dont think Raphael should be a character, he's wasy too cheesy :o he moves so fast and hits too hard...

19. Blog Gems: 23/31

Played Might and Magic 7 recently and it was easy to catch on and become addicted. It kept me occupied for 2-3 weeks, so that's not bad. The only problems I had with it are the extremely dark graphics and the bugs/patches.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Lately I have been very happy with these two games:

Soldiers Heroes of World War 2, better than Commandos, both in graphics and gameplay, the Russian PTRS is my fav weapon since it can take a tank out from 40 meters with one shot, and note: it is a handheld weapon..

Bridge Construction Set, it's addictive and again proves that good games don't need good graphics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.