1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

GOP heckles Obama as a "Liar" before congress

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Death Rabbit, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    He must do hip hop. I despise the stuff and I go out of my way to avoid it....

We posted at the same time, DR. Thanks (I've never heard of Jay-Z either, Im glad to say).

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I got the same ad going right now DR. Hunh? WTF? That's like the Japanese crying they are under attack after they bombed Pearl Harbour. and then asking for economical support from the rest of the world to defends themselves. I'l vote for Joe Wilson, if he is running for Village-Idiot. I'll even donate for that cause.:)

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

To get back to the topic, here in the Great White North, if a member of Parliament calls another Member of Parliament a liar in the House of Commons, the Speaker of the House will summarily eject him. I believe there are fines involved as well.

Outside of the House, I'm not sure if the rules are as stringent, but it is considered incredibly bad taste to use the word "liar" or "lie" -- Statements like "I don't believe those facts are correct" or "I think the Minister has massaged those numbers" or some such.

As for Kanye West, he is a pretentious douchebag who has read too many of his own press releases. I have heard some of his music and it is really nothing to get wound up about. I know arrogance is rife in the entire music industry, but the arrogance, rudeness, lack of respect, and downright stupidity of rappers never ceases to amaze me. His actions (IMHO a calculated insult with major racial overtones*) deserve castration at the least. If it was something some people staged, I don't think that Swift was in on it, and on that basis it was despicable. She has a sufficient fan base that if I were her I would boycott that stupid awards ceremony in perpetuity.

*Let's be honest here: If a white performer had done that to a black performer, stating that the award really should have gone to a white girl, can you imagine the howling from the NAACP and their ilk? "Another example of the fact that America has a long way to go in racial relations." "Proving once again that White America still treats Blacks as second class citizens." "A despicable display of modern day bigotry." . . . .

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *sigh* I suppose we can't ever have a discussion about something involving a non-white public figure without somebody bringing this "if (X with a white dude) happened, the NAACP would be howling!" nonsense up. :rolleyes: Come on, LKD. If the opposite had actually happened, you'd have a point. But it didn't. Isn't it a little silly to become so indignant about a manufactured hypothetical?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. Chandos the Red

Media:
    ...And who would care? Really, so many people and different groups howl about so much these days, that it's just lost in all the noise. "Oh, someone's beaching again? Welcome to America. Take a number and have a seat." Next news cycle: 24 hours from now.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

His performance on Leno was most definitely staged - right after the VMAs he posted an "apology" on his blog that basically said, "I'm right, sorry if it offended anyone:"

Except on his actually blog this was all in caps.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    So, I take it Taylor Swift (whoever that is) won the MTV award and he didn't agree?

Wow...now that's some deep lyrics there...don't tell me. I just know (because I have two daughters). Disney is at the bottom of another crime against art and humanity. Are these people in that High School Musical thing?

8. Saber

She won the award for Best Female Video... a category that Beyonce wasn't even nominated for, and he came on stage to announce that she had one of the best videos out there. Plus, Beyonce WON the Best Video Award (overall), so she did win what Kayne wanted her to win. He complained about something not happening before it actually happened!

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This quickly-snowballing off-topic diversion was brought to you by...the administrator. :)

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow...for someone that doesn't have a clue about the artist you're really quick to judge, especially when you're using a quote from a guy that's probably high and misquoting the song intentionally....

11. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Oh, no! Just keep in mind that all that it is from someone who does not only have a clue about the "artist", but also doesn't give a FLIP either. Have a nice day, T2. :)

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  13. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    He's actually a gay fish.

Saber likes this.
  14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So to get back to the original point of this thread....

House votes to rebuke Rep. Wilson
    Vote is 240-179 in the wake of ‘You lie’ outburst by S.C. Republican

So....has he been kicked out of the House? Or is just a slap on the wrist (with pay of course)....

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I think kicking a congressman out actually requires impeachment and I doubt the dems want to go there, there'd be no chance of getting that through and quite frankly kicking someone out from an elected office because they shouted "you lie" to the president would be fairly excessive not to mention disrespectful for the voters.

16. Saber

Just a slap on the wrist. They didn't remove Clinton from office for getting a blowjob, and they didn't remove Andrew Johnson from office for... being a douche, and they both got impeached, which is the biggest slap on the wrist you can get. They'll leave Mr. Wilson in office most certainly, it will just be grounds for the GOP to grumble about how the Democrats are wasting time on stupid things.

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Hey, at least he didn't have to go all the way to Argentina to get one.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    True...but they obviously do it better down there. :love:

We've all seen Monica...you'd think the president of the United States could have done better...but then again, when compared to Hillary, she's not that....errrr....uhhh....awe f*** it, they're both ugly as sin! :nolike:

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I still have nightmares about that picture of Hilliary in a swimsuit.

20. Saber

There's... a picture of Hillary in a swimsuit?! Why on earth would a photographer do that to us?!!?

Plus, Kit, I think it was more of out of necessity than choice... he was in dire need of a blowjob, opened his office door, looked around, and picked the first female he saw.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.