1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hero

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Apeman, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Looks cool, got decent reviews, this one is definitely one that I want to see in theaters.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Arabwel

but your local channels are probably pretty good. last time i was in the U.S (im assuming it applies to the europe) they had like 5 hbos. original hbo wasnt on cable right? over here, you have to pay cable to get the one and only hbo, which is super-behind in getting new shows anyway..

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

We have here directv in which we have "video club" channels, I saw that movie 3 months ago, nice one by the way; after 3 or 4 months, we can see those movies for free in hbos (3 of them: normal, prime and plus) or movie city; in local cables systems, we have to pay extra to have 1 hbo or movie city or cinecanal or cinemax.

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, this might make me look not so up to date, but wtf is a hbo?

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    HBO is Home Box Office, which is a pay channel (well, actually there are several HBO channels now) that plays movies (uncut and uncensored) without commercials.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

tsk, this is exactly what i mean, we're getting a raw deal. we only get 1 hbo, which is years behind everyone else's HBO and it's all censored :mad: everyone picks on the little island people hehe ;)

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I saw Hero yesterday and as usual with Chinese movies I was not impressed. It is just too much, too extreme, too flashy, too pretentious. Not to mention that the choreography was kinda dull seeing as every single fight were fought in the same way. The story was kinda cool though.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I never really understood what was so amazing about CTHD. It was ok, but the traditional Jet Li movies were ok as well. To me the plot and immersion didn't seem at all as great as everyone else claimed.

But Hero. Oh my. It was ingenious from beginning to end. Splendid fighting scenes, incredible use of colours. A very, very good plot with some nice mystery put in to keep you occupated in thinking what was really going on. And the ending. Marvelous. It was a very different movie, and the message in it a good one. A perfect example of the true complications in the classical good vs evil debates so often made here in Sorcerer's Place as well.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

SAw this on Saturday and I must say I was mightily impressed. Such a beautiful film. And I'm glad it wasn't dubbed in English but had the subtitles instead. Definitely worth going to the cinema to see it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.