1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do people grow taller?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Researcher Jon, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Former England soccer goalkeeper Peter Shilton used to hang weights from his legs as a youngster to try and grow taller after short-sighted coaches told him was too short to ever be a good goalkeeper.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Hell, I'm only 5'7" and I'm not complaining. Being short has its advantages (as already pointed out, we live longer).

And don't think it limits the number of girls you can have. I've been in relationships with girls ALOT taller than me (one was six foot at least) and the height issue only made things more interesting.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It's not always fun beig tall... short people get long hair in so much shorter time.

:p

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm 6'3" now and all I do is sit on my ass in from of my computer...oh, and I drink about 4 gallons of milk a week. :eek: :rolling:

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I just talked with my mother about my birth and I was 61 cm tall when born, poor mum..
    Makes me wonder who my father is, prob some handsome hillgiant..

@Kitrax, yeah milk (and peanutbutter) are the secrets to growth :D

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

How old are you? Eating at critical periods during your adolescence is essential for growth. Otherwise, try human growth hormone (hGH). Works wonders in the right amount. We have heaps in the lab, it makes cells divide like mad.

Oh yeah, milk - go hard on the milk, it's nearly the perfect food. Sleeping is also good (real deep sleeps, not cat-naps), learn to keep a regular sleeping cycle, as most of your hGH is made at a certain time when you sleep (probably during REM).

7. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't understand why any would want to be too tall. All the seats are to small, you regularly bump your head on doors and ceilings, and your bones grow far faster than your joints or muscels which leaves you with very painful joint problems.

I have grown to 5' 11", at least 2-3 inches of that last year. And I am only 15, please make it stop :(

8. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm 6'2" and all I ever do is smack my head on.... well everything, and the worst thing is, I'm 20 and still growing, I'm gonna be brain dead by the time I'm 22, being tall sux!! :bang:

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You bastard! :toofar:
    I wish there were some way of giving unwanted inches from tall people to me. I would like being a 6'11 basketball player!

10. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't know about eating a lot, but weightlifting definetly WON'T make you taller (maybe wider). Stretching will help you grow taller, the best way to stretch would be swimming. I think eating healthily helps too. Basketball is also a good ideea ('cause of stretching).

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Don't forget people, the taller you are, the more it hurts when you fall down. A swift kick to the knees from a short person will do that to ya ;)

12. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Another thing about being tall is that seats, pants, cars ect are all to small to fit your legs. for over three years it has been painful to lift my self from a crouching or sitting position using only my legs.

I recantly had to drop the soccer team i tried out for becuase I simply could not endure the pain caused by the running.

13. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm 15 and 180 cm (I THINK that's 6 foot) and I want to stop because I want to be a pilot and you need to fit in the cockpit.

14. Researcher Jon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Haha, thanks for all your advice guys. Your personal stories are cool too. Keep the good stuff coming!

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

There was an urban myth about that the increased height of my generation (I have a lot of friends that are over 6') was caused by growth hormone in Chickens. I appear to have missed out as I'm only 5'9''.

There was a news story a year or so back about a teenager getting surgery to make her legs longer as she wanted to be an air hostess.

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Growth hormones. You can get them from your doctor if he feels you need them.

And, supposedly, getting kicked in the ass helps too. :)

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In that case, you were obviously banged on your head or a good dog. ;)

And when did you last see your doctor? Did he feel anything? Feeling you needed a kick in the ass? :p

18. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Funny thing, I never got my ass kicked. So maybe that is the cause for me being 5 cm shorter than the average dutchie.

But I think that you'll grow a couple of inches next time I see your face, MoN ;) :lol:

19. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm 6'4 right now at 18, and the thing is I never really drink milk. I've never liked it much, and can't remember the last time I've drank it. I have been drinking some calcium fortified orange juice ever since I was 14, but I was 6'0 by then, so I'm not really sure what did it. Neither of my parents are as tall as I am, and my grandparents aren't too tall either.

[ October 08, 2004, 00:53: Message edited by: Fiatil ]

20. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It's all genetics, man.

Genetics and a healthy diet.

Genetics, a healthy diet, and good posture.

Yeah, a good posture helps. You're never gonna get tall if you keep slouching like that! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.