1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to get to Kangaxx?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by jesper898, Nov 18, 2001.

1. A quicker way is to have 6 or so MMM (melf's minute meteors ), slap on a spell immunity, and fire away. It's quite cheap, but it's a good way of get the best ring in the game.

Efreeti, who apparently hit with +4 weapons, can hit Kangaxx.

Cernd, shapeshifting into Greater Werewolf, can hit Kangaxx.

2. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] You mean to tell me that that crappy spell M.M.M is actually good for something afterall?! Geez, you learn something new everyday. Thanx creudzfeldt-jakob, I gotta try that.

As for Kangaxx in Demi-Lich form, you could probably employ similar tactics.

Most important thing to remember is to counter Kangaxx's offence which is his vast array of spells. So obviously you need some magical protection or immunity. He likes the "Imprisionment" spell especially. The other thing is I think he can only be hit by weapons of +4 or better enchantment.

Here are some ways of getting the job done:

1). Use a "protection from magic scroll" (there are only a few available at the adventure mart) and get someone with a decent weapon +4 or better to bash him into oblivion (staff of Rynn or Holy Avenger work well).

2). Get a mage with a few spell immunities to conjuration, necromancy and abjuration and bash him to death with a staff of Rynn (you can use tennser transformation if you wanna get the job done a little quicker)

3). Or get a berzerker with berzerk on and bash him up.

4). You could use the method that creudzfeldt-jakob has prescribed in his post before this one. But I havnt seen its effectivness just yet cause I havint tried it out.

Later dudes.

S

[This message has been edited by Satanatron (edited November 20, 2001).]

3. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

Agree, Ring of gaxx is one of the best items in the game. The +2 AC and saving throws is very useful if you play a kensai or dc or mc fighter/mage type. You can wear this with magical armor or ring/cloak of protection as well.
    The improved haste ability is excellent for a fighter type, and its three times a day.
    The regenerate is at 1 hp per 3 seconds, 2 hp per round. Thats twice as fast as the other regen rings available.

Best method I found to take out kangaxx is this:

Equip your character with +4 weapon of choice, daystar, ring of ram, Vhailors Helm and prot from magic x2 in quick slot. Keldorn works well in this role if he has the holy avenger.

Cast simulacrum using Helm on said character and use the two scrolls in the clones quick slot to protect both characters.
    (original scrolls with still be available in the non clone when you have finished!)

Activate kangaxx and call up daystar times two and result is one dead lich.

Demilich forms, hit him with weapons for one round, (2-3 hp per hit)
    Next round activate ring of ram x2 and watch that skull bounce around the room! :D

Pick up the ring of gaxx and off to the next adventure.

I am going to try a variation on this with my fighter/thief next time round using two sets of traps and the ring of ram to knock the demilich into the second set.

The meteors idea is a good one too, have to try that. Fire seeds also counts as a +6 weapon and would probably work as well if you don't have MMM.

Cheers,

WittyNewt

4. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Damn it Witty!

You are giving away all "our" secrets!

Hehehe.

S

5. wittynewt Gems: 7/31

"our" ? :D

Cheers,

WittyNewt

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 21, 2001).]

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] A Magically immune, Carsomyr weilding Keldorn. 'nuff said, it shouldn't take too long. same strat in the twisted rune battle, of course I used the others a bit there...
    Nope you wont get turn undead high enough to pop liches until level 21+, which happens in ToB. Don't call it cheap, I'm just helping Keldorn live the life he wants to... ;)

7. wittynewt Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hi,

Yep standard liches start to pop at lvl 21. However, this is just available in vanilla SOA with a single class cleric, lvl 21 = 2925000, cap at 2950000.

If you have TOB installed then new cap is 8m xp. My first party of six exited SOA with 3.8m xp, :D did most things I think. (left watchers until TOB section)

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

8. jesper898 Guest

finally killed kangaxx MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i think that the ring of gaxx is awesome:)

9. wittynewt Gems: 7/31

Congrats,

feels good doesn't it :D

Cheers,

WittyNewt

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.