1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"Ideal" man and woman

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I like the study where they had men wear t-shirts for 24 hours then had women smell the unlaundered shirts and pick the one they liked the best. The women always chose shirts worn by men with the healthiest immune systems. Hairy chests, p'shaw!

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ooops. Probably explains why it always ends up platonic with me, hehe. Asthma ftw. Oh wait. Waitasec. Existent conditions put aside, I have a bullet-proof immune system. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger and even if I catch some cold or whatever, I just wait it out. So must be something different. :p

And yes, women reputedly go for healthy men. A healthy hunter is a hunter that comes back home with prey.

However, a healthy woman brings more children and probably healthier ones too.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hey, and let's not forget that a lot of women, if not the most really do like a man with a big...

...wallet. :p

edit: oops, already brought out :doh: ...meh, had to go and say it anyway...

4. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

There was an article in the London underground paper (the metro) about how all woman want is a man with status and power.

It was written by a guy I think, and so the paper also got input from a feminist woman, who tore this guy to pieces.

Personally I agree with the woman - he distilled something incredibly complex to things as base as status and power. And that women only go for girls based on looks and thing else. I know some girls will like power and status, but many more care about more than that. And I know for a fact that, although I dont deny looks are important to me, they arent the only thing. Disposition, shyness or lack thereof, education, and sense of humour all matter to me.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I personally don't think you can ever trust a study on this subject. My rationale is threefold.

First- Humans are incredibly complex and there really isn't anyway to pick out a single quality in a person that is the deal-maker. However, It is probably much easier to pick out a single quality that is a deal-breaker.

Second- People change over time and so do their priorities. Asking a teenage girl and thirty-five year old woman are going to give you vastly different opinions of what is important.

Third- I'm not quite sure people even know what they want, and if they do, I think there is a high possiblity they will lie if they think it is shallow.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes, and they may even be lying to themselves. A survey such as this is better than no survey at all, but it is far from perfect. A better survey would be to show men and women pictures of different people of the opposite sex and measure their psychological and physiological reactions (if possible) PLUS asking them questions about whether and why they found the pictures attractive/unattractive.

7. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Ah, but that can only relay information about their physical desires. What about the woman says she's faithful, intelligent, etc.?

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Gaze. The way she moves says things. Her remarks give clues. Her clothing style says something. Her company also speaks for her. The choices in her education are somehow meaningful. Her taste in art and media as well. Also the people she admires. Perhaps her history too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.