1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interracial relationships - still taboo?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Cúchulainn, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

so as long as the man is white its okay? does that imply that the man is dominating women or what. why is that okay but not vice versa.

And what about egyptians, a country in africa that is highly developed along with south africa. Also you do know that africa is a continent not a country right? i meen it wasnt africa that confiscated white peoples land, it was one country in africa (zimbabwe).

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's an emotional thing, so it doesn't imply anything. It just is. Don't think I haven't thought the same.

AFAIK, egyptians are more arabs than africans. Yes, I know Africa is a continent. I just didn't remember the name of the country who begun the offencive. I wouldn't be surprised if they all have now adopted similar practise. But do enlighten us if you know better. The following quote from Wikipedia doesn't really give a too respectable image of the african countries and their achievements:

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa

@ Harbourboy: It's not just how I feel, since there are many with similar views. And that makes it taboo: see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

[ November 02, 2006, 00:32: Message edited by: Wordplay ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wordplay - thanks for your honesty in expressing those opinions. But I too, find your views to be a bit strange. But if that's how you feel, then that's how you feel and that was the whole point of this thread.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I do not have any problems with inter-racial relationships and I used to date a girl of Asian origin so it's not all foreign to me either. I'll have to echo Abomination though with that I don't find black africans to be all that attractive.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I really don't see why this is even an issue...

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

a problem many african nations face is the european colonial borders often arent natural borders for the ethnic groups living in africa, which leads to civil war. but while i dont judge all black people as stupid and i try to judge the individual and therefor has nothing against interracial relationships, i am not impressed by any african nations achivement and im really tired of them blaming the former colonial countries and constantly asking for help, instead for actually trying to solve thier problems.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I believe the reason why land reforms had taken place, was because most of the land in certain countries was owned by a handful of white people.

8. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Welcome to the Alleys, Deadman.

Your choice, obviously - as long as you don't prevent anybody else from choosing differently. This isn't an attack on you, but your stated beliefs are dangerous - having led to so-called "honour" killings, false imprisonment, kidnapping, and forced marriages - all of which are strictly illegal in the UK.

@ Wordplay

I know what you're talking about, and it probably stems from a subconscious inferiority complex. I really can't fathom how you manage to justify to yourself the sweeping generalizations and condemnations you sometimes make, especially compared to how liberal you are in other areas. Still, I'm probably as bad in the eyes of others, and phobia's are not always logical.

[ November 03, 2006, 14:10: Message edited by: Carcaroth ]

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Carcaroth

Inferiority complex? Bollocks. Read what I wrote about it earlier. :lol:

To clarify, what I meant by "see no evil, hear no evil, talk no evil" is that although I don't accept these taboo-breakers, I'll stay out of their face as long as they stay out of mine. That's how it works and people who disapprove my disapproval can stick the whole mess into their inferiority complexed bollock-side. :p

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Fair enough, as far as I'm concerned. I personally find ethnic considerations to be the least of my worries in a relationship, but I coudn't care less if you decide you want to stick to them, as long as I'm left alone.

And by the way, Wikipedia isn't exactly what I'd consider a non-biased source of information, especially when it comes to politics :shake:

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

What my issue would be with the candidate slammed is not that he allegedly had sex with a black woman, but if he was married that he committed adultery. If he's willing to break such impoirtant promises, then can he be trusted?

The fact that the woman was black and he is white is a bonus in dealing with a backwards section of the populace.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.