1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there someone using the "Improved Anvil" mod?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lionheart, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@thetruth

What about making a review for IA? You have much insight on Tactics&Item Upgrade, and now that you can use the IA, I want to hear your detailed thoughts...if you had the time, ofcourse.

Sikret, you truly are a godsend! Your coding skills and creativity are really great, everybody who plays your mods agrees on this, there is no doubt. I will also play the four mod in my next run, and see it myself! :banana:

But it also makes me happy that you want to make mods for BG2 and have people play this brilliant game more than ever! Thank you so much for that!

2. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

@Silverstar

Tactics yes but I have never used the Item Upgrade mod (generally I don't like to use weapons/items which are not in the original game).
    I would like a lot to make a review or even write a full walkthrough for I.A.,but unfortunately I don't have the time now (studying :( ).I don't even have my PC with me so it would be impossible.
    But I am sure that someone else could help Sikret to write this walkthrough for I.A..

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

@theruth

It's OK pal. I must study a lot too (third year of medical school kills most) and I do not have my PC with BG2 installed neither. Such a shame. Believe me I know how you feel.

Man, you know how I would like to kick Ascension Mellisan's overgrown butts on insane difficulty setting right now! :shake:

4. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd like to use this opportunity to publicly express my gratitude and thankfulness to thetruth. Improved Anvil owes its current quality to the comments thetruth sent to me after play-testing the beta version of Improved Anvil v2.0 before its public release. Thanks again, thetruth!

@Silverstar

I'm glad that you intend to play "The Four" mod and I hope that you will enjoy playing it; however, "The Four" is a small mod. It isn't comparable with Improved Anvil at all. I strongly recommend that you play Improved Anvil v.3 in your next game-through if you want to play one of my mods.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wait a minute - isn't thetruth the suicidal maniac who solo'd a vanilla fighter through ascension? And won?

On second thought, and based on other comments in this thread, I think I'd be way over my head here. :(

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yes Splunge, that's thetruth. Took a solo cleric through as well if I remember correctly.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

He he, I hope this fact did not scare you, eh? :shake:

8. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I am playing this mod recently. I strongly recommend to weaken the Shadow Jailor. Why? Becasue I want to get Mazzy as soon as possible, but the Jailor hold the key. It's impossible for my lv9 party to win. That guy is almost immune to everything, its immunity is even more than the shaow dragon, and its HP is over 250.
    I repeat I strongly recommend to weaken the Shadow Jailor.

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31

A small number of creatures (Shadow Jailor included) had incorrect hit points in IA v2.0. They are fixed in the forthcoming version 3.

Nonetheless, defeating him is not so difficult (even with the incorrect hp). Use different Tactics. For example, cast a breach spell on him and storm him by summoned creatures. He will fall soon. He doesn't have any magic resistance either, though he is immune to elemental damage.

10. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I had 4 persons in my party, so I had to use most of spells to buff the party so that none of us would be killed. And I had just escaped the Irenicus' Dungeon, so I could not afford even a wand of summon(I have doubts that summoned monsters can even hurt the jailor). I hadn't a fighter yet, the only fighter I would have was Mazzy. You can't block people from choosing their beloved NPCs, right?

11. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Well, that explains why the Jailor has looked so powerful to you. Just out of Irenicus dungeon and without any fighter (nor summoning spells and devices) is a bit risky to go to that place while you have a tactical mod installed.

When IA v3.0 is released, install it and try the fight again. At least, the Jailor will have fewer hit points. Who are your other party members? Perhaps, some other tactics can be found.

12. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Me, mage lv3(just dual-classed)
    Jaheira, Nalia, Yoshimo

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Question for Lionheart: What difficulty level are you playing on?

Question for Sikret: From the Readme, it appears difficulty level makes a big difference. Assuming Lionheart is play on core, what would be the effect on difficulty of changing to normal? (I don't really want to go to easy.)

14. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Bug Report:
    I managed to beat Torgal to Near Death several times, but he have limitless heal spells.
    I checked the code, and I think [SetGlobal("Iatorgal10","LOCALS",1)] should be put at the first line of the block instead of the last line.
    [AttackOneRound(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))] will probably interrupt the rest scripts.

15. Sikret Gems: 13/31

TorGal's battle has been tested many times by several people and it has no bugs. I'm completely sure.

What are your other mods? Perhaps there is something wrong in your installation. Have you followed the installation instructions accurately?

Anyway, TorGal's heal spell is omitted in the forthcoming version of the mod in order to decrease the difficulty of the battle.

[ September 18, 2006, 16:38: Message edited by: Sikret ]

16. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

He did use his own script, which means no mod conflict. And I am sure he healed himself 3 times before he killed me. This may not happen every time, but I suggest you put variable settings at the top of any code block. Or you can use SetInterrupt(false) + SetInterrupt(true) to make sure that long time action won't interrupt the rest actions of the block.

17. Lionheart Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Splunge:I'm playing just by core rules...I am getting used to this MOD and beginning to enjoy it but still I think it's difficult,I had to try several times for those enhanced battles.But I have just finished Twisted Rune and I think it was ok not so difficult:)Mainly because my party members now can cast spells they SHOULD cast...hahaha!
    By the way,is there walkthrough for IA MOD?I would likt to know if there are methods,with which I can engage these enhanced battles in earlier stage face to face!

18. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Congratulations for winning the Twisted Rune battle!

For my plans to prepare a walkthrough see this topic please.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.