1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Isaac Hayes Quits South Park

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Taluntain, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@DR (and probably Drew too):
    We were talking about the last episode, not the Scientology episode. The scientology episode was hilarious, but the last one was just crap.

2. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    No, I was talking about the last episode. They only had about 2 weeks to put that episode together and, in truth, I think I was laughing more about the circumstances behind the episode than the episode, itself. The irreverence of it all.....

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've seen the 'most recent' episode. It appears they do kill Chef off yet he is reborn as an evil child molesting Darth Vader lookalike. All the voice acting done by Chef in the episodes are sound bites of previous Chef quotes.

I think he is gone for good.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I don't think you guys got the meaning of the entire episode (except drew)

They did this brilliantly, this entire episode was in all ways respectful towards chef and Isaac. And at the same time shifted the blame entirely to Scientology.

It's all in Kyle's speech at chef's funeral. "We have to remember the times that chef made us laugh, not the time after that fruity club made him a child molester"

Matt and Trey are just angry towards Scientology for brainwashing their collegue.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I thought the thread was based on confirming or denying Hayes leaving South Park. But obvoiusly they think Isaac is not to blame but the teachings of scientology. From Chef's slurred speech to the "Super Adventure Club's" (i.e. Scientology's) forced reading to Chef the Super Adventure Club manual and the parallels between Star Wars episode III with Chef becoming a Darth Vader (somebody who was corrupted) look-alike at the end of the episode it's obvious they blame Scientology for their friend's leaving.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Comedy Network in Canada showed a re-run of the show where Cartman thought he was dead. I wonder if there was something that the Canadian version didn't approve of...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.