1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Israel and Lebanon: the aftermath

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Bion, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think you got my point then

2. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have a sense which says you will be the one with the blown head and then you will realize there is something wrong with your ideas.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have a sense that this little interlude is going nowhere and should be taken to PM.

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Darkthrone,

I will answer your question - Yes I believe Israel have a right to existence. I also believe they have handled things very badly in the past, are doing so again, and will no doubt continue to do so in the future. Unfortunately, whatever they do, the extremists in the area still won't believe they have a right to existence.

As I've said, (thinking about it, it was probably a conversation down the pub) Israel should have ploughed money and resources into it's poorer neighbours, gaining the support of the populace rather than leaving the extremists to pick up the pieces. The terrorists NEED local support for raising funds and covering their tracks. I find it difficult to believe that ANYONE can think that Israels recent campaign will have actually reduced that support.

5. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sure Israel has been around for a while now, but what about any Palestanians that have lost their homes that are still alive? What about the Arabs that are still being kicked out of their villages to make room for more Russian/American/European Jews?

IIRC, less than half of Israel's population are "Russian/American/European" Jews. Aside from the Israeli Arabs, Druze, etc, there are plenty of Israeli citizens descended from Jews originally from Palestine, as well as from other countries in the region (Gulf Arab, North African, Persian, Turkish, etc). And a number of these were actually forced out of their own countries during the various Arab-Israeli conflicts. So, what about the Jews who were kicked out of their own villages and countries, who came to Israel because they had nowhere else to go?

6. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

[​IMG] Well i've found a solution to all problems of the middle east. All leaders of Middle East countries and USA should come together in the middle of middle east and scream together : "zeeky boogy doog". ( http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/demented.php )

Alternatively nuclear reactors of Iran and Israel may explode and the results will be similar. :p

Well seriously whatever we write here won't change anything IMO unless some members here are in fact Israel's or Hezbollah's leaders. This discussion isn't going anywhere as stated by one of our moderators who has the right to kick me out of BoM forever. :mommy: I still have lots of Noober-ish questions to ask about BG series that i am embarrassed to ask so please don't kick me out Sir Moderator. :p Yes sir i'm going to BG forum right away. :outta:

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bion, maybe what was meant are the Jews who have settled in Israel after the 1960's. Anyway, at the census that was done before the creation of the state of Israel to determine a Jewish, Arab and independent zone, the Jews were barely 55% in their own zone, and something like 20 % on average in the other two.

Shoshino, can't agree with what you are saying, but by now you should know that, right?

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    oh, i know that, and i never consider anything personal.

my view is simply with nature, nature has done a good job of running life on this planet for millions of years, and now were suddenly turning around and saying its wrong and we're right, protect the weak so that they can have weak children who we again have to protect, or send money to people living in parts of the world that cant sustain them, and we'll keep having to funnel money to them alive forever.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    yeah, using irans money

now that hizbiollas organised departments are in the open (at a school i might add :rolleyes: ) i'd say its a perfect opportunity for a small airstrike

11. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31

Well Bion, I watched a documentry on Hamas and apparently any Jew that has property deeds is welcome to live in Gaza/West Bank without any problems. I don't see Israel offering anything similar.

Also, are you referring to Jews that were kicked out hundreds of years ago? If so that would mean that thousands of Americans should have free Irish land as their ancestors were kicked out of their land by the British.

Is that why Israel left 210 unexploded cluster bombs around a town hospital in Nabatiye?

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

You know, things are starting to get interesting. Hezbollah is helping to clean up, probably wanting to score PR points with the homecoming Lebanese. Now all that's left is that Israel pay the owners of the buildings for the damage, and we will all be one happy family again... right ;) ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.