1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Wedding! (I'm back and I brought pictures!)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Every wedding I have been to in the UK has followed exactly the same pattern as every wedding I have been to in NZ:

- Ceremony
    - Photos with guests (in the same place as the ceremony)
    - Formal photos (often somewhere different from the ceremony)
    - Reception (often somewhere different from the ceremony)

At my wedding, we did all four things in the same location.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So did we. But one location is good for only one good photo shoot. Why have just one setting for photos when you can have several? :hmm:

During the photo shoot we had right after the ceremony, we were barely able to get past the family pictures because everyone from both of our families decided to wander off. Rounding them up took more time than the shoot did! Once that was out of the way, we went down to the building's 3rd floor's "bridge" to the parking structure for some pictures of just the two of us. Soon after is was almost 7pm, and we didn't have time for any more pictures...I guess that's what happens when your ceremony starts at 4pm. :bad:

I don't know about the rest of you, but we wanted to have a garden variety of pictures taken of us for the wedding and the time leading up to it...that way, later on in life when you're showing your pictures to your kids, you aren't going to end up having 20 pages of just the bride and groom in their wedding attire. While we do have a lot of those types of pictures, we have dozens of glamour photos of just Jessica looking beautiful in her dress, and several hundred photos of the two of us "just looking nice".
    From the wedding day, and the two other photo shoots, we have about 1000 photos…

HB, I'd like to see you to have 1000 photos taken of you all on your wedding day. :p

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Kitrax, I wish you'd got married before me!
    The photos in different locations idea is great, we had ours taken at the reception and they're very same-ish

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, we have those too. The photographer started work at about 8am as the girls were getting their makeup, hair, dress etc done, so we have a whole set of the preparation leading up to plenty of the bride by herself on the way to the wedding. The photographer then left them and drove to the location to get a load of photos of the boys as they waited around for everything to kick off. We got married at a golf course so there were plenty of nice places there to have photos, with the guests (who had nowhere to wander to) and then just with the bridal party. He did a fantastic job capturing the day. We ended up with so many photos, it was a nightmare trying to make the final cut of the best ones to appear in the album.

My main initial surprise about yoir photos was that the bride was prepared to go through the several hours of preparation on TWO separate days, just so that you could get more photos. But that is the fun of reading stuff on these Boards - seeing all the different ways that people do things around the world.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    8am?!?! :eek: Hell...I didn't wake up until 1pm on our wedding day! Jessica and her bride's maids spent the night up the street at my aunt's house, and they didn't wake up until 11am.

I don't know what it is with you morning types. :nuts:

When my best man got married (the Saturday after we got hitched), his wedding was the same: a late ceremony and reception. After the wedding, everyone still had a lot of energy, so we all went to their apartment to help open presents, drink, watch movies, and just hang out with the newlyweds. We ended up leaving at some point before dawn. :D :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.