1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, it seems I was too slow in hatching the thing. Ah well, two Phoneixs are better than one.

EDIT: Or perhaps not. Perhaps should be inventive...

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you, Scott, for character summary. I've been writing things down. Printed out your summary and can now refer to that.

edit: While parsing Scott's summary I noticed we have a good mix of talents except for a mage/wizard.

[ January 14, 2006, 19:42: Message edited by: Nakia ]

3. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Beratli is a Minotaur and ages exetremly fast to his prime. And also could one of you pull Holon out of the river, it doesn't matter who but Holongost would protect the one until he repaid the dept. That is the way he was trained. Thanks and don't see Beratli I have a plan for his first appearance.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Dalamar You've been saved wake from the healing spell and take Beratli before I have chance to really see it. :)

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Ok kuemper, Holon is a hoplite that is bound to you untill he repays his debt so he will follow you everyewhere protecting you every step of the way. And he takes your commands if you want to but he won't like it. Any questions or ideas tell me before you do so Holon can go with you.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I won't be getting into fights. Lena is more into running away. ;) Interestingly, I've been playing her like Aerie in BG2.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I found Aerie pretty fiesty. "you shall not harm my friends!!" Given a chance Aerie can pull her own weight plus some. :)

A couple of comments on my Traveler NPCs:

1) Jerban would like to make some arrangement with Ashir Berrain to use the local forge and also get raw materials.

2) The young unwed adults would like mates especially ones willing to join and travel with the clan.(the clan members are all related)

3)Aryann is Lark, a high level healer who would like to get info on the local flora and is available for healing but please don't use her talents lightly. She is always willing to dispense potion for the common cold or scratches. Her Ordered talents are reserved for serious injuries or illnesses. ie: If someone has a broken leg that never mended properly she would be willing to help. She is always willing to teach the budding healer.

4) The Travelers have excellent cloth and other items available for trade and are mainly looking for grain, vegtables and other raw materials. Small interesting decorative items would be welcome, too.

[ January 15, 2006, 21:22: Message edited by: Nakia ]

8. Daie d'Malkin

Okay guys, lets limit who can see Alandra. Otherwise I end up with a normal charcter who can;t touch anything, which is pretty pointless. I'll just say only those who have already seen and spoken to Alandro about her can see her.

Anyway, I've got a backstory to write. Hmm, maybe I should post it here?

9. Nakia

Media:
    Sorry if I infringed Daie but your spirit sister fit in so well with something in Rayenna's background that would worry her deeply. Rayenna cannot see her except through Salana's eyes.

10. DarkStrider

I'll apologise as well but it also fits in with something from Breyd's past that I was going to work in, namely that I was going to allow her to See as a Seer does. As such she would become more attuned to the spirit world.

11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

I'm not sure if Beratli is a creature like yours because he didn't come from an egg but he will grow bigger and smater than an ordainary minotaur. I don't know if he is special or not I'm still figuring that out and also is he the only one that can with his mouth?

[ January 17, 2006, 01:59: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

12. Daie d'Malkin

I don;t mind a few, but lets not kick the a*se out of it. I wanted a few people to see her, but not everyone.
    Feel free to work around it, I;m using her to bring in stuff from Alandro's background, stuff I've hinted at (old friends, bad memories, a traumatic incident in the recent past. He's a character from my latest story, so the rp is a good place to flesh him out, but be warned, he has little people skills, and a lot of issues.

He'll be nice to Rayenna though, since he just spent the last six years warding over a young woman (think Gorion, but younger and better looking).

He'll like Holon too, since he's a soldier.

The others, who knows...?

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

I was thinking to make Beratli more uncommon and strange like the others he could have like a sixth sense or to be able to run really fast so he can keep up with the flyers I'm not sure just brainstroming. I just thought it would be hard to keep up with the dragons and the same for Rusty and Vike

14. Nakia

Media:
    Very interesting thread Elwithral Irenicus started here. I see each relationship as being unique and subject to growth.

Bracdorn, the Travllers leader may play more of role than I originally intended. I want him as a NPC that various people can react with as needed. He is 1/2 Traveller and non-Traveller. Charasmitic but strict. In his early 30's. Believes that evil should be fought. Rather single minded about that. The other elders may agrue with him but not in public.

Women of the Clan are equal to men but more concerned with the care/protection of the young. It should not be obvious to the general public but all adult Travellers are fighters.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am guessing that wasn't a direct compliment towards me, but it still made me feel good. :) I hadn't been planning on having so many flying things, I thought people would choose other creatures. But I'm fine with it now.

16. Nakia

Media:
    @Elwithral, my biggest problem has been to not post. :) Good job, my friend.

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If need be, Torben has a limited stash of various potions, so if absolutely necessary, he could use a flying potion, though he wouldn't have so many that that would be his normal method of locomotion.
    Anyway, the people with smaller birds certainly aren't going to be to ride them, and the dragons, unless very unusual, would probably take awhile to grow to be big enough to ride.

18. DarkStrider

Yes Good job Elwithral it's quite fun posting here :)

I also agree with Scot that most of the flying companions aren't going to big enough for anybody to ride for a while yet, though I haven't figured out how I'm going to get a panther on a dragon for a quick flight.

As you may have noticed Breyd is developing the Sight and her first piece of vision is that we must start the journey together allowing losses, absences along the way. Nothing too specific really, if anybody needs a vision, prophecy foretold
    then pm me and I'll get it done for you.

19. Nakia

Media:
    I haven't planned on Salana being big enough for Rayenna to fly on. She might be able to carry a Hobbit if needed. She will make a good scout with Rayenna able to see through her eyes.

edit: Because of having a high level Healer Travellers are very healthy. :) On the other hand Traveller Healers cannot raise the dead. :( They are not clerics of anykind.

[ January 18, 2006, 01:27: Message edited by: Nakia ]

20. Nakia

Media:
    I have added Bracdorn as a playable character in the character sheet thread. Sorry it's so long. This is mostly information I've PMed to people.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.