1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Dalamar I'm not really sure yet, I don't want to label it but let it evolve as the RP does :)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    DarkStrider and I have had some PM's and I think I should add a couple of comments about the Travellers who will be traveling with us. There are five. Anyone who wants to may take one along. They are primarily fighters age 16 to early 20's. May be either male or female. Travellers are human beings but something has been added to them. I don't want to be specific. If it is important it should come out in the RP.

Any one of the Travellers might have some minor extra ability. Say: tracking. trap finding or weather sense. They are not full fledged magic users and I don't want them turned into mages etc. Only the Ordered are true magic users. Ie: Rayenna (Owl/bard) and Aryann (Lark/healer).

Aryann is not going with us.

There are no clerics among the Travellers.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Shotgun I get one Traveller!

Sophia is a fighter, carriesa short sword and a dirk. Wears leather (yummy.....)

*Snaps back to attention*

Okay, so has evyerone else bagged themselves a Traveller?

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :spin: Just for you Daie/Alandro!

Only five people can have a Traveller "friend" But Holon and Lana have each other. Rayenna is too closely related for anything but friendship. Now of course the relationship should be one of friendship or mentoring; after all we have work to do. :heh:

5. DarkStrider

Breyd doesn't need one she has Mnemeth and Bast and other things that will come clear in time; I would suggest that perhaps one goes/bonds with Beratli despite his strangeness he is primarily a warrior which the travellers would respect be interested in.

Oh and of course one would probably be attracted to Kayn's loner attitude :) Just a suggestion.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'll have a Traveller!...

What do I do know?

7. Nakia

Media:
    :) @Elwithral, do you mean "What do I know? or What do I do now?"

Maybe I should add to Bracdorn's CS information on the the Travellers.

If; what to do? Develop your Traveller as you see fit just see my post about 4 up. You can also PM me. I love PM's :D

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

I'll post a traveller.

9. Nakia

Media:
    Good, that I think is three. Two more left.

I have edited my mis-post as Travellers Information

I'm still keeping it skimpy. If anyone has questions please PM me.

edit: I think I need to expand a little on my prior post. Anyone of the Travellers might have an undeveloped ability just like any other human.

example: Miost is a ranger with some rogue abilities. If his Traveller has a bent in that direction Miost might be able to help develop it.

10. DarkStrider

For all those interested the charms that Lena will bring round to everybody are similar in effect to the spell Negatve plane protection in that you will be immune to any level- or stat-draining effects from the undead for 6 such hits, each charge will return after 10 minutes thus after an hour the charm will be fully charged.

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was thinking that if nobody takes the egg at the farm, it could hatch into something really bad and give us all sorts of trouble, what fun!

12. Nakia

Media:
    Sounds like a good idea to me. If we stop by the farm maybe it is gone. Disappeared. Whoever we talk to should honestly not know what happened to the egg.

Scot maybe you and Elwithral could work out something by PM. Not writ in stone but an idea.

13. DarkStrider

The only thing I will say about this is from reading the book (I know we've moved away from the book) it is stressed that the hatchling chooses who to hatch too in the egg and may wait a long time to hatch, waiting for that right person. It could be that the egg isn't ready yet, and is waiting to meet someone Bracdon or another player; as such the Car'ygal and Breyd could let us know it is ok to leave.

14. Daie d'Malkin

I think they come to look for it, and find Beratli frying himself a nice egg in a frying pan.

It's in character, right?

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well it sounds like Beratli but I think one of the farm boys finds it and it overpowers him and, they will be the reason why we leave. We have to find them before they do more harm. What do you think? We need a villian and a big bad one too.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Can we try that in with the theme DarkStrider and I started with the Stalker and the Shadowed? Maybe the egg has been summoned by the Stalker. In this RP I have no idea who the Stalker is. So that's open for development.

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

But a farmboy? Over-powering a minotaur who just fought 30+ Weygips? Seems unlikely. I like the idea of us not finding it, and then having to search for it. Because we already have a reason to leave, we are tracking the rest of the Weygips... right?

18. Nakia

Media:
    Right and it's time to get going. The egg theme can develop as we go along. As my little rogue says, "Me feet are itchy."

edit: I don't think our adventurers would be worrying about an egg rumor they have enough on the minds as it is. Unless someone brings it into the RP rather strongly. There are probably all kinds of rumors floating around the village.

19. Daie d'Malkin

EDIT: I waited to long, the joke isn't funny anymore

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had Lena and Porso talk out a few things. I hope I'm not taking things in a different direction than what everyone else believes. I've been waiting for a time to get these two to talk, mostly about what Car'ygal are and some about Lena's family. The Stalker killing her mother (maybe) links with what Breyd Sees in her visions.

EDIT: In case there were questions, I just made up that quoted quote Lena says. Maybe it's from the Big Book of Firebird Raising.

[ February 04, 2006, 19:16: Message edited by: kuemper ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.