1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well shouldn't she be able to talk to another Car'ygal? She can talk to Beratli who is a minotaur. Also Scot where art thou?

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As I understand it the Car'ygal are either the creation or at least the servants of the gods. If the gods are good gods then it seems to me that they would cooperate together to fight evil. The line I took with mine was that she is above the petty squabbles of mortals. The Car'ygal might have problems ie: Beratli is a good example of this.

the impression that I get from Nicolas is that Tide is some sort of previlged character having knowledge which he for some reason does not want to tell the others. From a RPing point of view I think our reactions have been in character. Tide is an annoying person who does not inspire trust or friendliness. For all we know he could be in league with the enemy. Rayenna does not trust him at all to put it mildly.

edit: I believe we established that we could all talk to any of the Car'ygal at least to some extent.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Exactly, I said that Surion couldn't talk to the dragon. But, I meant because she refused to talk to the dragon because of its color. Red dragons are usually greedy, etc. Twas a personality trait of Surion.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

But that's applying D&D dragon rules to what you wished to be Eragon-like nothing I read in the book suggested different reactions based on colour, if that was the case since Surion and the red are chromatic Mnemeth a Bronze would be fighting against them. Also as Nakia pointed out I've taken the line that the Car'ygal are above such petty squabbles and viewpoints and that one of their functions was to bind us as a disparate group into an effective force for goodness.

As for Reds being greedy isn't that true of all Dragons? Look at any literature about them and in all they are vain, selfish, greedy, arrogant afterall they are usually inherently magical and extremely long-lived compared to the rest of us.

And I will stand by my initial opinion that "Surion's personality trait" is childish and potentially self-destructive, but I will live with it and suppress my homicida and dracaocidall tendencies towards Tide and his dragon, I have to admit if he was in a PnP campaign he would have had a serious accident by now.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

OK then, I'll talk to him.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

SOrry guys, but Alandro is acting in character, promise. He's a moody *******, after all.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I understand. :D

8. DarkStrider

Breyd is acting in character as a Seer and will be back... :)

9. Daie d'Malkin

Apols about my mispost in the rp, but a friend of mine got hold of my computer and decided to cast a smear over my private life, via the internet.

Git.

10. DarkStrider

The shadowed one we are about to face is a servant of the big bad guy, yes?

11. Daie d'Malkin

Hmm, apologies for the long post. I had to edit it three times, and in the end I changed it completely. My orignal post was so depressing that even POwer Metal could only just counter it. Plus, I'm not sure how serious and frank I can be when discussing certain topics.

Anyway, enjoy the filthy songs instead.

12. DarkStrider

Nice post Daie, good insight and dirty songs what more could you want... :grin:

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Very nice post, Daie.

DarkStrider, re this Shadowed One. Since this is our RP and particularly Elwithrel's we can play the Shadowed one however we want.

Technically the Shadowed One isn't a servant but a user of the power of the Deity that leaks out into the world. Evil personified in his/her own right. Twisting others to further his/her own ends. (Gads, do I hate trying to be politically correct.)

But I have my very own spell-check and do I love it!!

14. DarkStrider

So she's not the big bad guy as for being PC stop it, it destroys the english language and makes meanings even more difficult.

It's ok I have a different strategy for handling the big bad guy if we go after them than an underling/abuser of the power. I suppose the best way to think of her is as if she's Bhaalspawn while Bhaal is waiting in the wings as well.

15. Daie d'Malkin

As do missing commas :D

16. Nakia

Media:
    Hokay, guys and gals, lets go fight the Shadowed One. Where is our intrepid leader, Elwithral? Bogged down in mid-terms or whatever they are called in Canada? I'm not even sure who is still with us.

17. Daie d'Malkin

/me signs up for Shadowed One slaughtering

18. DarkStrider

I've no idea where El is, as you may have noticed I've got an Elf army with me now :D I think he wanted to do something in Olot first.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm here, Nakia. :wave: Lena has had little to say, other than being very concerned.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Sorry, I've been extremely busy with RL. TRULY SORRY. :) Anyway, yes, I want to go to Olot.. and find something? Maybe... So, I'm not very creative right now, so perhaps one of youses could just think of something and lead us there? :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.