1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lonelywood

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Rholmar didn't wait for the half-elf to stop his music and he said:

"Lantus, seein' as no one wants ye to leave, I guess I'll might as well ask ye: Are ye commin' back?"

2. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Lantus looked at the small crowd that had formed around him.

"My friend. I will not be returnin', sadly. I am going home and staying there. Hoping to get a business happening, make my life into something." He sighed.

"I am going to miss this lovely village, and hope to meet ye' all again. The only thing i have to say is this:..." Lantus began to speak again, but paused, his breath escaping him. Clutching his chest, the fat man fell to the ground. A large pool of blood had formed on his back, staining his clothes. Behind him was a beast of some kind. It was something never seen before by any of the villagers. On it's head was a set of horns almost two foot long each. It held a long, curved sword that was now dripping with blood. Lantus' blood. The beast had a red scale-like-hide running all over it's body. And with a roar, it charged at the crowd of Villagers.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yümvo couldn't believe the things that had just happened. "What kind of town is this?" He yelled wile he put away his mandoline.

"Well I bet this must make a great song!"

4. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Astonished by what just happened, Rholmar barely managed to dodge the beast's charge. While the beast was heading for the other part of the crowd, Rholmar took out his longbow and shot an arrow right in the beast's back... but the arrow broke as it hit it's red scale-like-hide... The beast stopped, turned around, roared louder than the first time and charged towards Rholmar. Rholmar quickly thought:

"I reckon this creature's actions can be dictated by my arrows..."

But the next second the beast hit Rholmar with it's horns and knocked him to the ground, his longbow falling several feet away from him.

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lantus watched the whole ordeal from his place in the snow, the pain in his upper-back intense. We watched as Rholmar fired his missile, how it had not affected the beast, and how the brave man was knocked down to the ground.

6. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Go get the others!" Sarkin shouted to Zaera and she went off imediatly.

Sarkin truned around just in time to see Rholmar get knocked down. Sarkin drew his long sword and attaced.

When saw Lantus go down he felt a burning rage, as if all the fires in the Nine Hells had invaded him, a raging inferno of hate and a single thought and desire come over him. The desire to KILL. He wanted that creatures blood to run free on the soil and he wanted it to suffer every second of the slow death he had in mind. His thoughts were so dark that even Bhaal would have been scared by them.

As he got close to it the creature turned and managed to draw first blood. Sarkin took a step back and looked at his left arm. It was cut from shoulder to wrist and was bleeding like hell. But he didn't feel any pain, any panic, anything. Except the inferno growing in his chest.

Ignoring the wound he attacked again. This time he ducked under the creatures swing and shoved his longsword into its stomach. The creature gave a mighty roar and threw Sarkin away from it. It's was bleeding badly but that was not enogh to stop it. It charged toward Sarkin, preparing to split him in two.

Sarkin just stood his ground, his sword ready to block the oncoming onslaught and then to draw blood again. The creatures angry roar was machted by the murder in his eyes. The look on Sarkins face promised only one thing. A brutal and bloody death.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Yümvo took his staf in hand and hits the monster hard on the head. It stands still for a moment but then turns round and looks furius at the Jester.

Yümvo takes his flute out of his backpack and starts to play a stranfe melody. the beast stops moving and keeps staring at the Jester.

"Quick finish it!" Yümvo shouts, "this won't work for long!" Then he continoes his song before the beast can attack him.

8. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Rholmar barely managed to crawl to his longbow and pick it up. From a crouched position, he then concentrated on aiming for the beast's heart. After a few seconds, he fired the arrow. It missed the heart by about one foot... just perfect... it hit the beast in it's right eye, going all the way through it's skull. The beast collapsed in the snow, leaving a puddle of blood.

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lantus watched as the beast fell. How had it known? He breathed out a long breathe as he rolled onto his back. The man's wound was smouthered by the cold snow. He hoped it would help the healing, even if it was minor. Lantus just laid there, ahppy the beast was gone. But there would be more. He had to warn them. He had to...

The next thing he saw was darkness, and nothing more...

10. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

Sarkin smiled as he saw the best die. Then the raging inferno of hate went away and he was assaulted by an intense pain. He dropped to the ground screaming as the pain in his wounded left arm hit him.

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] "The beast is dead, the beast is dead! Now I pee on it's severed head!" Yümvo chanted with a smile.

"I came to this little cold town,
    A nasty beast came, but we brought him down!
    Lantus is lying, dying in the snow,
    But people at least it was a great show!
    The beast is dead, the beast is dead!
    Now I pee on it's severed head!"

"Hey Lantus, stand up you know?
    It's way to cold to be lying in the snow!
    We are great fighters but Lantus sucks
    I think he should go and practise on ducks!
    But at least the beast is dead,

"Sarkin, Rholmar and I did stop the beast
    And on it’s intestines we feast!
    Sarkin’s arm hurts and Lantus is down
    Blood did flew in this little down!

"Sarkin is great with sword in hand
    while I play songs that enchant
    Rholmar is great with his mighty bow
    while Lantus was playing in the snow

"We are the heroes real and true
    No monster can kill me or you
    eccept maybe Lantus lying here in the snow
    I think he is feeling kinda low
    But anyway the beast is dead,

[ February 21, 2005, 19:35: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

12. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Rholmar stood up and couldn't believe what just happened, he actually killed the beast!

"Fer Ilmater's name, Sarkin! Go get some help, ye may be wounded, but ye could at least go get help from yer militia men! Make haste, while I see if Lantus is still alive."

As he walked towards Lantus, he just couldn't not tell Yumvo to:

"Shut yer blasted mouth, or I'll be the one peeing on YER severed head!"

He then dragged Lantus in his house and put him in bed, on his back. He ran outside and yelled:

"Do any of ye people have any healin' skills?"

13. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The whole time Jerek had hidden in the snow, now, that the beast was dead, he came out into the open, lighting a pipe as he went. Froidoc was there aswell, Jerek wasn't sure when he had arrived. Jerek heard Rholmar's request, just as his brother said,
    "Go get my special herbs."
    Froidoc then ran off towards Rholmar.

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

"Tis' good tah see that someone can be of some assistance around 'ere! Well Froidoc, go see what can be done 'bout Lantus..."

15. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

Just as Sarkin was getting back on his feet, the rest of the militia arrived.

"Check the area around the town in case there are more of this things."

They did as they were told while Sarkin entered Lantus' house. He was in need of some healing, he lost alot of blood and was begining to feel weird. He wondered if there was any poison on the blade that cut him.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Yümvo smiled and said: "Actions of heroism always get better in a song." "And this song will put Lonlywood on the map!".

Then he looked at Sarkin. "Are you allright kid?" "You don't look that good, better talk to that healer, what was his name again?".

"Froidoc master of herbs and healing
    Gives the people in town a good feeling
    Saving Lantus and look at Sarkin's arm
    even in the snow it makes me feel warm!"

"Now that sucked..."

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lantus awoke slowly, as if he was drugged. his entire body ached, but he knew he had to warn them. Around the bed were a few familiar faces.

"More... more are going to co..." His warning was cut of by the osunds of battle outside. The militia!

18. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

"For Ilmater's name! Can I get a healer in here! Lantus is unconcious and Sarkin's bleedin' like hell!"

Then he heard the noises outside! He headed for the door...

19. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

Sarkin was begging to feel very very weird. His vision started to blur but he was to stuborn to fall to the ground.

Then he heard Rholmar's voice come from far away. He couldn't make out the words. Just as he was opening his mouth to say something he heard the sounds of battle coming from outside. He saw Rholmar rush outside.

Fear for Zaera life gave him new strengh and he drew his sword. He stumbled toward the door. He knew that the hideous wound that ran the lenght of his arm had managed to bleed him dry. Or almost dry.

Not caring to much about that he he continued to stumble forward until he got outside. Where he saw more creatures.

20. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jerek returned quickly with the herbs, he handed them over to Froidoc just as the battle started. Taking up his bow, Jerek ran outside. Froidoc set about working on Lantus, he boiled a small pot of water over the fire, crumbling some herbs into it. As it boiled, he started to clean the wound, with water and a cloth. The water had boiled, pouring some into a cup he set it aside to cool, gathering a handful of the herbs, Froidoc walked over to Lantus. He crushed the herbs in his hand before laying the leaves in a strip of cloth, then he used the cloth to bandage the wound. It was all he could do, Lantus should live, but could do with a proper healer. The cup of water and crushed herbs went down Lantus' throat.

When Jerek emerged from the house it wasn't to bad, only a few of the creatures. He set an arrow to his string and loosed, it reflected off the hard scales just as he thought it would. Jerek loosed another, going for the eye, he got lucky, the arrow plunging straight into the creatures eye, blinding it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.