1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for Class Testers

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tramplar, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Fighters can get up to 5+, although Rangers are limited to 2+. It should be easy enough to alter the .2da than controls those limits.

2. Tramplar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No its not impossible to set any weapon for any class that allows the weapon to 1-5. But general rule of them I use is I try not to generalize the prof slots to those of a fighter having 5 all the way down pretty much. Anyways in response to Bombur and Aldeth the Foppish Idiot. First first post of original design to the Ranger I knew that was overpowering but this ranger and about 30 other kits for the new expansion im working on are being geared towards that and not towards a stock BG2 setup so keep that in mind as well as Im introducing one kit at a time to get feedback from everyone to design the kits to what people want and like but keeping them balance is what im looking to achieve. Oh and for everyone who is interested the new expansion thats coming out is called Dark Defiance and that is all that I will say about the expansion first the kits are being introduced, ok before I bore you all with rambling The ranger is coming along fine from advise from people who have posted Currently this is what his advantages and disadvantages are

Advantages:
    Ability to call a Dragon Companion (pseudo or fairy dragon)
    Cast Cure Serious Wounds (Level 4, 7, 10)
    +1 to Constitution
    Racial Enemy +4 to hit
    Fire/Ice/Elect/Acid Resistance +2 per level

Disadvantages:
    Dragon Companion dies -1 to Con
    Must maintain Good Alignment
    Cannot wear greater then Studded Leather
    Cannot cast Priest spells
    Only skilled to use LongSword, Halbred, Spear, two-handed sword, and Long bow

Oh on another note I do not think this ranger is over powering. Considering all he can use is his innate abilities , doesnt gain any spells from spell book, I took that away, only skilled in a few choice weapons, limited to studded leather armor, when you have your companion out with you if it dies you lose one constitution permanently, I took away magic resistance making it a weakness more then a advantage. Keeping the fire acid electrical and cold due to the fact dragons use those as breathe weapons making them only recieiving @ level 34 63% resistant to those. But i have plans to adjust that to instead of +2 per level to +1. Still having issues with the missle disadvantage but hope to have that ironed out soon. I have a new Update out for the ranger for those of you i have emailed it to I will send the update to you. I will have a webiste link within a day or so my personal server just about ready to fire up so keep checking back here for more information as well as we are looking for help for people who have some or alot of experience working with the infinity engine. Thats all i have to report for now any questions email me.

3. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bah, the ranger doesn't get priest spells, he gets druid spells. And all the good druid spells are high levels, much higher than level 3 (the max that a ranger can get). So taking those away really only gets rid of a bit of healing and maybe miscast magic / summon insects. Mind you, he's already got innate healing.

I still think the fundamental idea of this kit is flawed :/

4. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Though you've already dropped it, I just wanted to pop in and mention that anything beyond two stars in two-handed weapon style adds nothing. This is, AFAIK, a hardcoded limitation.

The elemental resistances are very unbalanced. I would try to either replace them with another anti-dragon immunity (such as dragon fear or wing buffet) or limit them to be effective only against dragon breath attacks.

5. Tramplar Gems: 1/31

Already have dragon breath on the table as well and dragon fear and Wing Buffet, Just havent implemented anything to him yet because seems when we introduce the missle dephicit of being weak against missles it some reason or another counter acts with wing buffet. Either one will work and the other will not work. And thanks for the heads up didnt know two-handed prof was hard coded to 2. Learn something new everyday. As I move on its a mixture some people like the way he is some dont, cant make everyone happy That is why again i put this here so I can get the bashing and the suggestions to roll with him since original idea of the ranger was for him to have dragon abilities but seeing the replies made me and the others implement different strategies to the character and from my point of view You face a silver dragon say.. well silver dragon uses cone of cold and paralyze. True Cone of Cold from the silver dragon would be considered a breathe weapon but on the other hand would being 50% resistance to breath weapons be ok or would having 35% - 45% resistance to the elements be more fitting doesnt make him a god, doesnt par say hes unbalanced. May be on the touch overpowering but we could argue, contemplate, like, hate, bash, praise this kit till we are blue in the face and not to mention I have about 29 others right behind this one which arent as extreme as the ranger, but this ranger has these things for a reason. This is what will be implemented to Dragon Master Beta 1.0b

Advantages:
    Ability to call a Dragon Companion (pseudo or fairy dragon)
    Cast Cure Serious Wounds (Level 4, 7, 10)
    Racial Enemy +4 to hit
    Immune to Dragon Fear
    Immune to Wing Buffet

Disadvantages:
    Dragon Companion dies -1 to Con
    Must maintain Good Alignment
    Cannot wear greater then Studded Leather
    Only skilled to use Halbred, Spear, Two-Handed Sword, and Long bow (++)
    AC Penalty against missle attack

So as it stands this is what the ranger will have and will be tested any other ideas let me know otherwise if no bugs surface This ranger will be finalized and released in a few days and another kit will be presented to comment on

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dark Defiance... nothing like Dark Alliance I hope :D

7. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Geoff: The Ranger gets Druid spells, yes, but these are a type of Priest spell. The Ranger/Druid and Cleric/Paladin spells are all Priest spells.

Trampler: Have you been able to force the kit to choose Dragons as favoured enemy?

8. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Grr. You know what I meant :/ He doesn't get the useful cleric spells such as "Armour of Faith" and "Bless" and "Chant" and "Animate Dead" and "Holy Smite" and "Glyph of Warding". Instead, he gets such spells as "Entangling Roots" and "Shillegah" and "Flaming Sword" and "Call Lightning".
    What a terrible trade off!

9. Andyr Gems: 14/31

Yeh, I know, just clarifying. Probably should've included a . :)

And again, yes, I'd concur, the Druid spells are not IMO as useful as the Cleric ones.

10. Tramplar Gems: 1/31

To Enagonios: Nope no where near it. The story plot of this expansion pack is placed in a setting of where the dwarves and dragons are having bad conflicts with one another due to dragons taking over the caves the dwarves are mining in and vice versa. Not the main plot but one of many that are involved this specific quest is to investigate why the dragons are doing so and if there is a source behind it or not. but just a little teaser since we are introducing smaller dragons to the game and draconic relatives as well so itll be quite interesting. Itll have more quests then TDD and SOS combined as well as much needed fixes to BG2 as well as extended certain quests that seems to have just up quit not knowing the full truth about things. I would say TDD and SoS are to be compatible and may be tied to the story line itself but The guys would kill me if I reveal to much of whats going on. So I plead the 5th and remain silent about that 4 now

To Andyr: You are right about disabling the preist spells but was toying with it which would make it rougher for the Dragon Master to survive not having healing abilities as well as spells since his prime focus is understanding dragons and becoming one with them but dont have to worry that disabling of the spell casting has been lifted after a testing today against a young adult emerald dragon. if i was able to heal might of been able to survive the battle ran out of greater healing potions thats when i had problems lol. And the answer to forcing the ranger to take dragon as racial enemy we have tried to ways and both have failed do you have knowledge on how to bypass this please share would be of great use but if not its ok Ill figure it out soon enough if its unchangeable but as of right now since it cant be forced he does have a advantage of +4 temporarily until i resolve that issue. which shouldnt be a problem unless i find out its hard coded.

Has anyone else tried to force set racial enemy? If so has it worked or has it not been discovered how or is it just something we cannot do. If its doable alittle hint to as how would be much help thanks

[ November 26, 2004, 02:36: Message edited by: Tramplar ]

11. Andyr Gems: 14/31

When I asked about forcing racial enemy it's because I don't know how to do it myself. ;) I don't think it is possible to force it.

12. Tramplar Gems: 1/31

Far as i can see, there is no way to force a racial enemy. Kinda of sad if you ask me so basically all I can really do is give him a bonus against dragons and if someone chooses dragon as racial enemy theyll have a bigger bonus verse them OR I can leave the dragon bonus off and let them decide who they want to be racial enemy leaving the structure of DM intact to what he has studied to be. Since he isnt a slayer type and doesnt consider them a racial enemy as it is. Since ive tried everything in the book to force racial set guess thats what im gonna have to do is let the player choose racial bonus. Kinda hurts the purpose of the DM but kinda forced to have it no other way. None the less true players will choose dragon as racial enemy to make the DM fully what he is. Even though hes a studier of dragons so to say and communicates with them when he can. So maybe it worked out for the better. We will see. If you would like to download the Dragon Master Ranger Kit you can do so at http://67.176.143.227 go to downloads section, please bare in mind the website was just put up and I am editing it probably as you come to it. I have alot of work to do to it so please have patience but the DM is up and working and can be downloaded. Feel free to explore the site nothing on it atm but is being updated constantly and will be 100% soon. I will be posting next Kit im working on. Scout (Thief Class) If link doesnt work let me know i will fix it ASAP.

Ok updates on progress Dragon Master (Ranger Kit)is at Final Beta and you can download him at this location use link above..... go to downloads section, please bare in mind the website was just put up and I am editing it probably as you come to it. ok now posting another Final Beta Kit that has been revamped Vampire Hunter (Paladin Kit) this is Pharaoh version of it.

Vampire Hunter:The Vampire Hunter has been raised from birth to hunt down the undead, and gives him exceptional combat bonuses against vampires and their kin.Long exposure to killing and hunting vampires has made their life-draining attacks innocuous to him. Nothing gets his adenaline pumping more then driving a stake through a vampires heart. Vampire Hunters are highly religious people and believe vampires are not Gods work and will vanquish all vampires they will meet in their lifetime. As a Paladin their oath has been sworn by the vampire hunters of long ago and passed down through generations that no vampire shall live safe as long as there are hunters of this caliber. With being immune to a majority of the vampires curses and diseases makes this Paladin a formidable foe to any vampire or undead creature.

Advantages:
    Bonus to AC against crushing.
    Immune to Level Drain.
    Immune to Disease.
    Immune to Slow.
    +4 Against Vampires.
    +1 to Wisdom.
    +1 to Intelligence.
    +1 to Charisma.

DisAdvantages:
    Limited to Lawful Good Alignment
    Cannot use any missle weapons
    No skills in using 2-Handed Weapons
    Spell casting limited to innate only.

This kit was Revamped by Pharaoh. So post away on what you think of his version of the Vampire Hunter for the BG II Expansion Dark Defiance. He will be monitoring this topic to use the feedback of his kit. I will be posting in next couple of days about the new kit im creating Scout (Thief Class).

[ November 29, 2004, 09:31: Message edited by: Tramplar ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.