1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lord of the Rings Film

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Avooch Dar, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The premiere of the movie will be 19 December. I really look forward to it, I saw a trailer with the location they use, what they gonna use as Rivendel, Edoras, Helmsdeep, Mordor, Hobbiton etc. I don't know where I got it on the internet but I uploaded it to my homepage-space. It's 11.83 MB and the url is: http://home.hetnet.nl/~mkarssenberg/realmofthering-sets.mpeg

I hope the movie will be great however I doubt if it's possible to make a good movie based on a Fantasy-story. For Fantasy is something in your mind and it's not like our earth, where the movie of course is made. A second is that I heard that except for the Quest of Frodo, the filmdirector gives too much attention to the realtion between Aragorn and Arwen (and Eowyn) wich Tolkien doesn't, and that even the story was changed a little bit (Arwen appears at Helmsdeep in the movie, I heard)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Oh, the battle of Minas Tirith and the battle in front of the gates to Mordor. I can't wait to see the battles. A pitty most of them will come in the later 2 movies.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

And unless there comes also a movie of The Hobbit we even won;t see the Batlle of the Five Armies....

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Do you think there will be 'nice' Nazgul puppies in merchandising?

5. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well...it's not impossible to make a decent fantasy movie :) oh, hmm, princess bride is pretty much the only one...sorry... you may be right.

Supposedly, all the aragorn/arwen romance stuff will relate to the fleshed out story tolkien gives in the appendix. I think they made the mistake of casting to big an actress in the role and then felt like they had to give her screen time.

If they had to cut anything...tom bombadil is probably the best cut since he doesn't relate to the main story line and LOTR doesn't reveal who he is.

At least they aren't cutting the cleansing of the Shire.

I havent heard a word about ents, thats starting to worry me.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It could be great, but it could also get sickening!

The Lordoftherings.net web-site actually has the blurb "One Burger to Rule Them" with a link to:
    http://www.burgerking.com/flash.htm

Yes, the Lord of the Rings is brought to you by the Whopper. In the land of burgers, the Whopper is the (returne of the) KING!

On the ENT note, the official web site does have a picture of an extra in stilts. I can't figure out what else that could be.

God protect us from another over-marketed Christmans season!

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Slightly off the subject, but probably the best true fantasy to date is Willow. Just my two cents' worth. Incidentally, anyone ever read Lucas' follow-up trilogy the "Shadow War"?

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.