1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Might and Magic VI -- three knights, one druid party

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Temple of Baa is the one where you go and fetch the gong, right? Bunch of Lizards and Bin Ladens outside of it? If that is the one, i don`t remember it being too tricky. Fireball and Sparks spells helped alot in there. However, with 3 knights, it might get alot more difficult i am sure.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I tried the Shadow Guild Hideout alright, but I got my ass whooped. Those bastards can deal x3 damage with their damned daggers, and I'm not high level enough to turn them into ribbons. When those same bastards gang up on me, with criticals they can EASILY take out one of my knights in merely three or four hits.

ToT gave me some nice loot, I dropped by Free Haven, and I was able to get Fly, Power Cure, and I took a trip to Kriegspire to buy a Wonder Mace for the Mace Knight, and I grabbed a Royal Chain with a nifty +16 to AC, and a Steel Shield with +8 to AC, so the Druid is faring much better now. One of the Knights has a Plate of the Phoenix (thanks, ToT), the other has +17 to defense (bought in Free Haven), the third one has one of the Golem (chest I looted when I took a brief trip to Kriegspire), +15 Endurance and +5 armor.

As for the slimes, big whoop. One knight has a Dwarven Axe that dishes out 1-6 cold, the other two do fire damage, so I can hack the slimes to death, it just takes longer.

Next stop is the Temple of Baa. Then I'll clear up the Shadow Guild Hideout, then it's off to Corlagon's Estate. I'll be roughly level 18 when I'll first attempt Corlagon's Estate... this should be freaking interesting. I think I'll do some preliminary cleanout of Snergle's Mines, too.

And BTW, the dungeon in Ice Cap... err, White Cap, is Icewind Keep. Dragoons' Caverns is in Ironfist, Silver Helms are in Mist/Silver Cove.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I started playing MM6 tonight as well. Using a knight, a cleric, a druid, and a sorcerer. But I can`t get chainmail-skill for my Druid. How did you go about doing that exactly?

4. Disciple of The Watch

You're not supposed to get Chain for a Druid. I did a fresh install to play this run, and I exploited a bug I knew about before patching the game.

If you haven't patched the game yet, go to any guildhall you are a member, like Blade's End, Berseker's Fury, etc. When you get the message "Seek knowledge elsewhere blah blah blah", keep clicking while move the pointer around inside the dialogue box with the message, depending on where you click, you can learn a random skill. With this nifty bug, even the lowly sorcerer can wield a hugeass great sword and wear full plate. This is NOT a guarantee, though! I used the bug, and my Druid learned Chain and Mace which I originally didn't had, and try as hard as I could, I could NOT get full plate skill in ANY guildhall for the Druid.

*EDIT* Just cleaned out the Shadow Guild Hideout, leveled up, quite likely another level when I return Sherri, so that makes it 15. Time to attack the TOB, now... I'll do a quick run in at Corlagon's estate too.

*EDIT* Make that 16.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Played it last night myself.

1. Delivered the 2 letters
    3. Got the Goblinwatch codes.
    4. Killed all the goblins and mages around New Sorpigal.
    5. Got the candelabra from the temple.
    6. Cleared out Goblinwatch completely.
    7. Did that small quest on Mist, where you clear out the assassins and such, on those small islands.
    8. Promoted my knight and my sorcerer
    9. Cleared out the Abandoned Temple.

My party is now level 11, and i am about to rescue Sharry. Just need to massacre all the Lizardmen in the area first. I think i will do the Dragoon`s Caverns after that one.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Good progress, man.

As for me, level 17 is here, and I went back to the ToB, and I realized I done a bit of it already, so I flyed straight to the Dragoons' Caverns and currently 60% done. The slimes I dispatch with Ring of Fire. Fired in the proper places, it's amazing what this spell can do. I killed about ~8 slimes with RoF, and I'll keep searching for hassle-free ways of easily dispatching more of 'em with RoF.

Snergle's Mines are next on the list, part of them at least, then Corlagon's Estate. The ToB can wait. Also going to Blackshire to get the shield for the council quest, and then off to Mist for the Silver Helm Outpost.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I loved that dungeon. I have an urge to go and look for my CDs now... Argh!!! :mad:

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Am currently level 20 now. Should have been higher though. Completely forgot about getting the learning skill. Did some more quests yesterday, in the following order. Rescued Sharry, Dragoon`s Caverns, Did the Silver Helm outpost on Mist (2 quests in there, plus the key to Gharrick`s Forge is there as well) Ended Winter for Lord Stromgard (extremely easy with a Fly spell), Got my Druid promoted. Also very very easy quest, Finished Temple of Baa (the Sparks spell really shines in this one.) And then got Lord Kilburn`s Shield. Found an artifact in the same chest as the shield was in. Big axe named Conan (how creative). Now I am thinking I should do the two temples in Bootleg Bay, or Corlagan`s (sp?) estate.

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    *takes notes for future playthrough*

If I recall you cannot finish the mines anyway because you need the key from Snergle's Cavern (or was it the other way round?). Blackshire is fun, I remember going there quite early in the game and being slaughtered by the werewolves. Good times!

Yeah the references in MM6 aren't exactly subtle :D but I love them all the same (tons of Princess Bride references in there). Corlagon's is pretty tough, I think Bootleg Bay is generally an easier area.

BTW, is either of you keeping track of the pilgrimage quests from the oracle? The stat boosts you get are pretty good, but I tend to really do them for the resistance boosts (if I recall they're the pilgrimages for the last few months)

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Iirc there is a sword called Excalibur and a dagger named Mordred in MM6?

11. Disciple of The Watch

Correct. Mordred is vampiric, and Excalibur boosts strength considerably from what I recall.

Correct, but I want to at least do a preliminary cleanup so it's going to be quicker when I actually get the key to open Snergle's Chambers, plus it's going to allow me to keep my life/mana to the max because I don't need to kill anything, saving my strength to slaughter the army of dwarves that are going to appear when I open the door.

The various Air Elementals can be nasty, and let's not forget the desert part of Blackshire with the Lizards... the f***** pay off pretty nicely, though.

Yes, but this run is all about challenge. Besides... two words... Turn Undead.

12. Ziad

Media:
    DotW, I was actually about Rawgrim's decision to do Corlagon's early. It's understood that you want to do it early in yours to up the challenge :thumb:

I don't remember what the respawn rates in MM6 were... I know most (if not all?) of the outdoor areas respawn in 6 months, but I don't remember if the dungeons have the same rate or if they're faster or slower. If the respawn is quick then doing the preliminary cleaning may not be as useful. On the other hand you do get all the nice XP and loot...

Mordred is awesome if I recall. My Sorcerer was dual-wielding 2 daggers and I think Mordred was one of them for most of the game. I don't remember Excalibur at all though. I do remember loving MM6's system that differentied between artifacts (powerful and only positive) and relics (much more powerful positives but offset by sometimes significant negative). I think the relics got dropped in later games, which is a shame.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Rawgrim's level 20, I am not, this ups the challenge some more. I don't care if I finish it by the skin of my teeth, or if I get my ass kicked, either is good enough for me, though I suspect it's going to be easier for me since I got three tanks.

As for relics, I remember Finality from MM8 which had a speed malus, Snake drained Water resistance, Hell's Cleaver drains intelligence, Hades drains AC... relics are alive and well, I assure you.

As for respawning, dungeons respawn after 2 years, I believe.

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

only 2 years? Damn. It takes more than that to finish Castle Darkmoor....

15. Disciple of The Watch

Whooped Dragoons' Caverns, level 19... I dispatched ~40% of the slime population with RoF. For the rest... Sparks does indeed work wonders. I was able to dispatch all the slimes at the end of the dungeon with RoF only, I explored the rest and cleared it out.

I collected a 1000 gold bounty on a freaking Dwarf, and next stop is Corlagon's Estate. But not right now... I bet there's going to be some fog not too later today...

*EDIT* Currently going through Corlagon's Estate with a level 22 party.

*EDIT* MASSIVE fight with Skeletons and ghosts... survived by the skin of my teeth, I love it!

*EDIT* Corlagon's Estate is DONE! Level 24. Now heading to clear the ToB.

*EDIT* 81K gold, for the record. Druid knows all spells in Water, and in fact is Master in it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  16. Disciple of The Watch

Currently doing the ToB. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

*EDIT* SO boring I'm off to the Silver Helm outpost in Mist.

*EDIT* And whooping monk, Swordsmen and Guards' asses in the process. This is fun.

*EDIT* Hmm, Gharik's Forge key. Am I suicidal enough?

*EDIT* Silver Helm outpost DONE! That was quick. Gharik's Forge time, mother[censored]!

*EDIT* Level 30!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I just did Temple of the Fist, in Bootleg bay. Small, and easy dungeon. Not very rewarding though. Now I guess I will do the other (two?) temples in bootleg Bay, and the Firelord one. i remember that one being kind of a drag, but fairly easy. Plus its a council quest, so I will get alot of XP and cash.

18. Disciple of The Watch

The Firelord quest is not a council quest. There is a temple of monks which guard a chalice, and that's a promotion quest, not a council one.

19. Ziad

Media:
    How did Gharik's forge go DotW? At such a low level it must have been a pretty challenging crawl.

20. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

That dungeon sounds like hell, if you only have 1 spellcaster with you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.