1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Might and Magic VI -- three knights, one druid party

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I only scratched the surface of Gharik's Forge... those elementals like breaking my equipment, and those [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] Warlocks!

I pretty much just gave up and took my buisness elsewhere. Did a couple of promotion quests, though I don't really need any other promotions than the Knight and Druid promotions.

I'm going to give Icewind Keep a shot. Those damned dragon towers piss the living hell out of me.

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Icewind Keep isn`t too difficult. Takes abit of time though. lots of resting etc. Doing promotion quests is never a bad thing though. Get loads of XP from it. And gear too.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Icewind Keep is a breeze in the way that again, RoF does wonders. I dispatched pretty much everything that moves with my beloved RoF, and there's one last batch of mofos to kill... I'll take care of that a little later tonight.

*EDIT* ToB is done. Considering I'm level 32... it was a laughable joke, but hell, I needed the comedic relief of whooping bony asses.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. Disciple of The Watch

Alright, the ToB has left me with plenty of cash to blow... Gharik's F'N Forge, you wanna F'N play? Let's play, mother[censored]! Drunken Party Style, b****!

All right, NOW I'm ready to whip some Elemental asses!

[​IMG]

*EDIT* So far, so good. ~20% done.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm guessing it'll be doable at level 30-something if you have done the promotions for both knights and the druid, and if you have accumulated some resistances. Do keep a count of how many fights your party gets out of by the skin of their teeth ;)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Skin of my teeth dungeons? ToT, Dragoons' Caverns (that Veteran hits HARD when you're low-level), my first ToB run at level ~6, Shadow Guild Hideout was tough because of their damned 3X damage... Corlagon's Estate, the dungeon was tougher than the actual boss.

Having blew enough cash, I now got an uber souped up Drunken Party, and I'm going to move along with Gharik's Forge. RoF is going to help me against Warlocks, too.

As for promotions, I have yet to do the Champion quest... not too in a hurry to tangle up with Death Knights, Doom Knights and Cuisinarts, thanks a lot. Second Druid promotion would be a good idea before attempting to wrap up Gharik's Forge... the Druid is the weak link of this party.

7. Ziad

Media:
    If I recall both druid promotion quests are relatively easy, but both can only be done on specific days (IIRC the 2nd one can only be done on 4 days a year), so you need to time it well and make sure you don't skip the special day by being in training. As for the cuisinarts... yeah you might want to postpone dealing with these. Then again you are heading into the Forge :D

This is good fun, keep it up! :thumb:

8. Disciple of The Watch

The Forge is partly cleared already. Ice Blast does miracles against those damned Elementals... and considering how badly booze had souped up this party, revisiting the Forge should be a blast.

I'm working on screenshots, too. Picked up some sweet loot in Dragonsand thanks to the Circus and Golden Pyramids.

*EDIT*

As promised... Weapon screenshots!

ALL OF THOSE ITEMS ARE LEGIT. Cheating takes the fun out of MM6!

[​IMG]

See my MM6 album if anyone is interested in the SWEEEEEEET loot I got.

Good defensive enchantements and extra HP makes this tank last longer.

[​IMG]

Another GEM from Dragonsand! Helps the pathetic weakling Druid!

[​IMG]

For the Mace Knight. Extra Elemental Damage on top of some already pretty nasty physical damage.

[​IMG]

The Spear Knight was the most lucky. Titanic Trident of the Dragon. ENOUGH FREAKING SAID.

See my MM6 Album for those interested in the SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET loot!

9. Disciple of The Watch

HAHA! Thank YOU, random DRAGONSAND chest!

[​IMG]

*EDIT* Icewind Keep is done, and it was a SNOOZEFEST!

10. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I foudn that chainmail in Garick`s Forge, actually. Was down thal long lava tunnel, with the fire elementals in it.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Ahh, yes, Gharik's damned forge. I should get around doing it this time... did a couple of promotion quests, and while I got no Battle Mage, Cleric, etc, it's still a whoopload of XP. Currently level 38.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Now level 51. I finally tangled with the Warlord's army of ever friendly Death & Doom Knight, and those lovely Cuisinarts. Gads I hate those guys. Nontheless, all THREE tanks are Champions, and the Druid also got his second promotion, too. Speaking of the Druid... Fire, Water and Air magic are all level 12, Master. Mind magic was left to die at rank 2, Spirit is at 6. I also just got Body Magic Mastery.

Now... Gharik's Forge, you and I have a debt to settle.

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Looks like it's going pretty well. I would have thought you would be light on magic by now. I'd hate to miss out on dark and light magic. Still, three Champions are probably a force to be reckoned with.

14. Ziad

Media:
    I would've mastered Spirit first for all the lovely party buffs you can get there, boosting damage would've made your 3 Champions even MORE deadly. Though I guess by this point they're tough enough to slaughter everything without needing any buffs.

Go for the Forge! Then go do Castle Darkmoor for some extra fun ;)

15. Disciple of The Watch

The lack of Dark/Light magic isn't that bad. Day of Protection? I can cast all those spells on my own, same for Days of the Gods and Hour of Power. Sure, I miss out on potent spells like Dragon's Breath and shrapmetal, but with three tanks (with Master bodybuilding, I might add) shredding the opposition to ribbons, it's not that bad. Tangling with the various Knights in the Warlord's Keep was fun, actually... I gave 'em back as good as I took it. Yes, this dungeon brought my piss to a boil, but big freaking whoop, it's dead and buried, and DAMN, it was satisfying.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Did Snergle's Caverns, damn, that was enjoyable! Level 55. Went to Paradise Valley to kill me some Hydras and a couple Titans, too.

17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Just as you enter that area, on a small peak just above the small temple on the left, there is a chest with some artifacts. Need a fly spell to get it though.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, been there, looted that. Found no artifacts, though. Also, level 58. Gharik's Forge still not done, other than that all other council quests are done, except the SToB, which is going to be a laughable joke, methinks.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Gharik's Forge DONE! Level 60, only Loretta's council quest to do, then off to the SToB, and then comes the fun part of the MEMORY CRYSTALS!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Hey guys, check out this nifty bug...

[​IMG]

See the council? I don't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.