1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

'Misunderstood Personalities' - The game

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Yeah, that's pretty cold.

But it's still the funniest. Game. Ever. Me = :lol:

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't worry. Irencus'll find a way to resurrect her in BgII :shake:

It's because you'r my special little guy <insert mage Simpson voice soundset> :p

There's still some time before we will face the big guy himself. I'm roughly lvl 3-4..

The Silvertar special edition
    For the sake of anyone who'd read this, and don't want any Spoiler(s), I've posted the links to each of the SS's below, and provided a short description.
    If you don't want Spoilers, then do not read one!

Note to those who fights wizards of Thay: Be prepared!
    Yikes! Stay away from me ya' dumb arse half-breed bastard!
    The wand of Paralyze came in
    The handyAgain, paralysation thou art mine savior
    a walk in the park
    Poor, poor Monty :evil:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Thus far

A fateful night I cought Branwen giving Garrick's War Hammer long looks. At first I didn't thought much of it, - which would prove to be a great mistake indeed.
    As we went to sleep she stole it. Fate would that I was having bad dreams, so I awoke and cought her in this foul act (always thought that was more of a montish thing).
    I left her at FAI naked as the day we'd met her.
    Thought 'bout leaving Montaron too, but I had a greater plan in stock fer him.

As we travelled the northern country side(Drizzt, who we'd met earlier - I didn't thought it of importance, I mean, who want to talk about a grumpy ol' Drow when we can talk about me? Eh, guys? - Had suggested that we look here - Oh Elmisnter too :rolleyes: ), we met a group of Red Wizards!
    Though I tried, we could nay talk sense into their thick skulls, so I thought we might beat it into them.
    At first, everything went "as planned" that was till one of 'em threw horror, however.
    Fleeing like a bunch of Garrick's! Note to those who fights wizards of Thay: Be prepared! most my party went down to Melf's Acid arrow and a Magic Missile..

*Sigh*

Yet once more I had to head back to the FAI to get them resurrected, before we could continue.

Twas a stormy day that fortuna lured me into her grasp. In Peldvale we met some Bandits, and they accepted to take us to their leader Tazok. When we arrived me mouth went all Cicero I tell ya! Couldn't control it, so ended so ended up having to fight Tazok *Gulp*
    All I can say is: boy was I stupid.... Back to FAI, resurrect the mates, back to camp. ready? okay, go. Well, Tazok said that I was now part of the gang, but soon as he'd left, the bandits started attacking me (guess they did'na agree on hirering me, yet who want to work with Hobgoblins anyways? I mean they really, really smell! - Take it from one who'd been there.
    Boy is this place A pain in the arse!. Progress is soo slow(be there more than one or two banidts at a time, I can bet on half my party to be blown to bits)...
    Monty went in sneaky mode, and lured bandits into our net.
    Suddenly we stumbled upon a heavily armored man. He was no mere bandit, not be a long shot.
    All I can say is Thank Helm, no thank AO that wand of paralyze worked! Otherwise we'd have been slaughtered...

With the exterior bandits dead thouhroughly, I faced focus upon the main Tent. 'Soon as we entered, we were attacked (after the obligated badass-evil-dude-die-by-me-hands-wormling dialogue).
    Again The wand of Paralyze cam in handy.
    Upon entering Xan thre one at the mage 'fore he could throw a single spell! QUickly, my guys charged at the two melee guys.
    Safan were hit by a poisonous arrow, and Xan once again used the wand to passivate the Archer. With the mage and archer longe gone, the two melee orientated guys went down with some effort, and tons of healing potions.
    After that, killing the two paralyzed guys were a walk in the park.

Now was time fer my revenge on Monty. The lad 'd always had a nack for opening a weird lock, hiding and backstabbing, but! *drums*, he can nay tell the difference between a trap and a dinner plate!
    but I could! Oh had I waited for the right moment when I could secure the "release" of Monty in a most painful and decieving way. Now was the time.
    I send Monty to try and pick the lock on the chest, but as he touched it The trap went of.
    Bye poor Monty, I promise I won't cry for thee...

After that I returned to Beregøst, and delevered the scalps for a welcoming reward.

The Cloakwood Mines await us!

Side Note
    soon I'll have to erase the earlier SS's, due to the fact that I do nay have enough free space on me upload account.
    Maybe one of ye guys/girls can appoint me to a uploading site? Otherwise I might have to tone a wee down on the SS's in teh future.

[ September 22, 2005, 22:41: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Thanks, your party and screenshots are really cool! :thumb: I saw Tazok but he was different in BG2, much bigger and uglier.

Why is Garrick always dead in most of your Screenshots? Is he so weak that he dies that often? Or you like him getting killed?

And about Immy, I know she will be back in BG2 and for that I am glad. That is, if you do not have any more nasty plans for her in BG2! :nono:

BTW, if anybody knows how to store Screenshots, please do tell Olimikrig, he will put that to god use!

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Garrick is just complete and utterly weak... Especially since he's using a warhammer. He's everything but proficient with ´that..

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Everytime I look at a screenshot, I wonder "whos dead this time" :)

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Great screenshots, loads of fun! :lol:

7. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

8. olimikrig

Media:
    Nope... I'm using tutu tweaks, with 'miscast magic' percentile on all armors. So a Chain Mail would afair make him miscat approximately 50% of the time. Imho he's better of using mage armor.

EDIT: thanks for the "point" :heh: it would be a shame for anyone who'd read this now or later not being able to view the SS's.

NOTE
    Currently on "hold" since my bg2 cd 3 blew up durring my installation :cry: . So you'll have to wait till I either get a preplacement of CD3 or buy a completely new game..

[ September 24, 2005, 17:02: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Your CD blew up???? :eek:

You know, this has happened to me once too! (fortunately it was not BG2 though) KA-BOOM and I jumped out of fright! Is your CD-rom damaged too? Mine was completely out of order. :cry:

We should keep spamming this topic, I really like it! Hope Olimkrig can take care of his problems quickly?

10. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

*gasp* NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It's on hold!!! The Sword Coast and Amn will be in danger! There will be no one to save it from the forces of EVIL (the flaming fist is in the forces of evil list just so you know)

Not even this mad Duck that thinks it's a mage can stop the evil Flaming Fist!!!

This is terrible! :( :( :( :( :( BTW How do CD's blow up?

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well, mine was hastily put in in complete darkness so guess I am guilty. :D Oh and neither CD was at top quality.

Though I do not know Olimkirig's explanation to how his own exploded? Just know that it can happen occasionaly. I am putting CDs with utmost care now, so much care that my friends taunt with me because of the 'moments' I spend placing my ever-precious ToB or IWD CDs! :good:

12. olimikrig

Media:
    It just blew up during installation.. It can happen, and does so more and more ofte with higher speeds on cd drives...

By-the-by, will try to force tutu to run on a small install

/me corsses my finger

Might be able to continue tomorrow, though there'll be no bg2 till I get a new CD (or pack, and don't won't second hand if I can avoid it).

13. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I just have to say this; This is the funniest read ever! Keep up the excellent work Olimikrig :D
    Hope you get the cd's up and running soon, this has become my "spare-time-at-work-laugh"

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Guys, should we keep spamming this topic to remind Olimikrig? Anyway I must write something as well or this post will be completely meaningless and somebody can punish me? :eek:

Can't you play BG1 still? Is your driver broken? (like mine was) or are you taking a break? (you deserved it, having gone that far in the game with that ridiculous (but cool!) party!)

[ September 27, 2005, 12:11: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

15. olimikrig

Media:
    No, my driver is not broken.

Yes I can play regular bg1, what would have to start all ove (and between the two of us, I don't want to do that :p ).

/me punishes Silverstar :evil:

Furhtermore my "item pack" is consuming quite some gaming time as it is, but I promise I will try to find some time to see if I can go around this somehow.

16. olimikrig

Media:
    Okay guys, I'm planning on taking this one up again tomorrow :thumb:
    Have a friend coming over, and borrowing me his CD 3, and my mod is currently scheduled to be sent for publiv beta on monday, so I can get the spare time to continue from where we got cut off :banana:

Now, let's go get Garrick slaughtered, shall we :rolling:

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Great to know! I am waiting with anticipation! Hope you will hurry? :thumb:

18. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

YAY!!! I want to see what happens next.

Will Garrick die again?
    Or will Garrick switch to throwing daggers and throwing those at his foes?

19. olimikrig

Media:
    Nope.... Garrick will never let go of his faithful warhammer. He'll just keep :rolling: as always!

So, a minor update... Sorry guys, haven't had the time to do anymore this time, but expect to finish at least the Cloakwood area tomorrow...

The Silvertar special edition
    For the sake of anyone who'd read this, and don't want any Spoiler(s), I've posted the links to each of the SS's below, and provided a short description.
    If you don't want Spoilers, then do not read one!

Some druids harrazed this man in Cloakwood :nono: I'll have to teach you a lesson - with the end of my sword :evil: ! *erhm* I mean daggers, spear and warhammer :roll:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Thus far
    After tricking *poor* monty into triggering the trap, I stripped him from every values he'd posses, scalped him and dumped his corpse in the nearest river. Might as well do the
    job proper, not only killing him but also every trace if his existence :evil: !
    With 19 bandit scalps, plus Monty's, I headed for Beregost to receive my payment for each Bandit scalp. Officer Vai much appreciated it, now she could finally
    return to the Gate.

This dwarf named Gurke told us about a famous cloak he'd lost to some Talsoi's, whilst traveling the Cloakwood Forest.... Might be worth lookin' into, since
    we're heading there anyways.

So in the CLoakwood Forest I met this guy named Aldeth, or some such... A nearby settlement of druids had harassed him and his comrades, in the midst of their
    anual hunting trip. Things had evolved badly, and the druids had finally sought to violence, and killed two of Aldeth dearest friends.
    Personally I hate those Druid folks! I mean c'mon!?! What's all that balance thing they're rambling on about? Balance, *pft*, between what? so-called "good" and "evil"?
    No such thing exist! There's only you, and the tools nature provides. Helping another fellow humanoid being is not goodness, but fits whether it suit's the current situation,
    whether it helps you achieve something, or if injustice has been wrought against him! Justice and injustice do exist! Injustice is never a question of
    "good" and "evil", but a question whether a man's right to live as he goddamn wish has been inflicted upon...
    So we helped him... What a grand Fight, which ended at our benifit, with only minor casulties.
    Aldeth was wholeheartedly greateful, and told us to seek him out in the Merchant's league, should we ever visit the city of Baldur's Gate.

As we travelled further into the darkness of Cloakwood, my little party and I stumbled upon a boy in trouble: His brother had been abducted by aliens! No wait, that's
    gibberish, it was Spiders (What the heck, spiders/aliens - they're green all the same; some of them at least... "Shut up Garrick! If I wanted your opinion I'd ask! *hrmpf*.)
    Well, I thought this task was somewhat heroic, and as it was on our way anyways, I accepted...
    (As they say "Fortuna favors the brave", or maybe it's just his name Tiber that got me thinkin' thus :rolleyes: ).

[ October 02, 2005, 21:44: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Keep up the good work!

I noticed your PC is still using a normal spear, and he has 3 of them all in quick-weapon slots? :eek: Why do you carry 3 spears? Incase one is broken or thrown? :D Why don't you sell some for a few GP? Isn't there a magical spear in BG1? Maybe because of this it is your weapon of choice? Haven't you ever met a critter immune to normal weapons? If so how did you beat it? Am I asking too many question? :confused:

[ October 03, 2005, 16:59: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.