1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most useful summons?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mercury Star, Apr 24, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I kinda like using greater malison and summoning a dryad to use hold person. it always seems to help when i am in a bit of a bind.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Dryad is an excellent summon, with a level 4 druid spell you can basically cast a lot of more spells, even higher levels! :thumb:

That is, if you manage to keep dryad alive. They are simply s-t-u-p-i-d.

3. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Everytime I cast call woodland creature, she either
    gets charmed or murdered. the only time I have success with that spell is in the duel with Faldorn
    in the Druid Gove. The hold person and cause wounds spells of the Dryad make that fight a cakewalk.

4. rich0203 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I usually just use the dryad for a quick "healing" and a barkskin on my learder or fighter. Then I send her to die or possibly do some damage.

5. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

keeping her alive is a bit of a kick in the arse as she goes into melee once she has cast all of her offensive spells even if you call her back before hand, but have an enemy occupied with a fire elemental and she will deliver a fair amount of damage fairly quickly.

6. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

Maybe I just don't micro-manage her well.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Dryad's would be rocking summons if they only had some better AI...I dunno, how about just casting higher level spells appropriately (on hostiles or friendlies) and then dunno...melee I guess...

Instead, I've had a stupid dryad go melee against Tazok in Windspear hills when she had Chaos (or confusion?? can't remember) memorized and wouldn't cast it till I manually selected her and started casting...and she was on the front lines OF COURSE...

Bah... :rolleyes:

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I know what you mean, A totally great summons ruined by a stupid AI. When I need A Dryad for healing and offensive help I am in a tight spot and don't have time to micro-manage her.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

^ But you do. That's why there is this handy "pause" -button. I'm sure the FPS players are jealous now. :D

10. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Skeletal Warriors are great for most uses.

But early on in a fight with a spellcaster the wand is used to get loads of low level crud monsters in...you hear "spare no-one" then see a death spell went in...love that! :)

And yes...the Golden Lion is Pants.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.