1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie Scene Game #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by kuemper, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What the hell is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? That's no Batman movie I have ever heard of.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    HB hasn't heard of something? Wow! :p

It was an animated movie, done in the style of the cartoon series. By most reports it was pretty bad, iirc.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Actually the general consensus is that it is quite a good film. It is certainly the best of the animated films and many people say that it is the best Batman film period.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm...must be thinking of a different animated Batman film, then - I seem to remember one of them being terrible. I also may be confusing it with 'Batman: Rise of Sin Tsu,' which was a video game.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Surely cartoon Batman doesn't count as a proper movie. I've never seen it any box office chart. Must be some sort of straight-to-video classic.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It was released theatrically on Christmas day back in 1993 but didn't do that well. It peaked at #11 on the box office chart and ended up grossing only $5.6 million in the U.S. Its worldwide theatrical total was around $11 million. It has performed much better on the video market which is probably why all of the subsequent animated films have been direct to video.

7. Harbourboy

You learn something every day! Well, I do, anyway.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Mask of the Phantasm was awesome. Also the first time on screen that Joker pissed Batman off enough to want to off him.

Your turn JSBB. btw are any of the following animated films anywhere near the league of Mask of the Phantasm? Does Kevin Conroy still do Batman's voice acting?

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

As I said, Mask of the Phantasm is definitely the best of the animated films but there is one animated film that is in the same ballpark.

Subzero was decent. Mystery of the Batwoman was kind of subpar but the voiceless short Chase Me included on the dvd was kind of nice. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker was pretty good - if you get the director's cut it ranks up there with Phantasm. The Batman versus Dracula is based on the new The Batman series and does not have Conroy playing Batman - it is o.k. - about the level of Subzero.

Kevin Conroy just finished voicing Batman for the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows and given that Bruce Timm has indicated that he is through with making DC animated shows it looks like Conroy's days of playing Batman are finally over after 14 years.

O.K. Getting back on track my scene is

A man crashes his car into a parked car, gets out of his car, pulls a man from the backseat forward onto the drivers seat so that his head is sticking out the door and proceeds to slam the door on the guy's head nine times, kicks the guy in the head three times, punches him in the head, gives him one more kick in the head for good measure and then walks off.

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    That's Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, right?

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You got it Triactus.

12. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Say it ain't so! :wail:

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

You forgot about his telling everyone to watch their language in the film, at this point he swears more than the rest of the film does, hilarious as it was Vinnie

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm glad I never saw that movie....

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is actually a really good film and trust me when I say that the victim of that attack definitely deserved it.

16. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah! :D

A guy hears noise in his garage. He goes to investigate, and finds another man who is working with the owner's tools. He says that the owner is going to be attacked by terrorists. He garbs the owner and exists the house, only to be attacked by a bunch of terrorists who are armed with machine guns and rocket launchers. But the man kills them all with the nail gun he just constructed using household applainces.

It might be a toughy, because the movie isn't that well known. I'll give a hint right now and say that it is an american movie...

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels rules! I'm very surprised that you know of it to be honest, JSBB, I thought it was a 'British only' film if there ever was one. One of the best films I've ever seen though!

As for the new scene, I haven't a clue! I've never seen anything remotely like that.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

MacGyver Goes to Washington?

19. Triactus

Media:
    No, not MacGyver goes to Washington... Is that a real movie? lol

It's actually a comedy...

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

MacGyver goes to Washington? wtf? :/ I saw the one where he found Atlantis though :D

@Barmy

Guy Ritchie's films are actually pretty popular. I myself have seen everything but Lock, Stock. Looking for it though. Vinnie Jones and Jason Statham kick ass :D

no idea about the movie. The Big Hit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.