1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name that TV Show 6

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Carcaroth, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? The TV show I mean. The 'old' Marvin had a cameo in the film.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I know ... trick question. Vukodlak is correct.

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Aisde from the hero, four supporting characters are named in the credits: the hero's pet, a bird-woman, an old guy in armor and a court jester.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

He Man and the Masters of the Universe?

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Of course :D

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

By the power of SP, I have the power.

This American game show / reality show is fronted by a guy who used to be a host of New Zealand kids' show in his younger days.

8. Harbourboy

Hmm, maybe we need more clues. Not only is the host of this show a New Zealander, but New Zealand "featured" in one episode once.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Survivor?

10. Harbourboy

Not Survivor (the host of Survivor is not a New Zealander as far as I know) but it IS one of those American reality shows where people get eliminated each week.

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Love Island?

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    The Great Race?

13. Harbourboy

You're getting VERY warm now.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The Amazing Race?

(p.s. - if that's right, T2 can have the next go)

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    It would still be your correct guess Rally -- I never watch reality shows and just took a WAG at what the title of the show was.

16. Harbourboy

The answer is American reality game show, "The Amazing Race", hosted by New Zealander Phil Koeghan. One leg of the race ended up in New Zealand last year (the contestants had to bungy jump off the Auckland Harbour Bridge). When I was younger, Phil Koeghan was the host of NZ kids' show "Spot On".

Your turn, Rallymama.

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    ... and seriously, T2, neither do I. I wouldn't have made my guess if not for yours, and HB's response.

EDIT: Ok, I'm inspired. This show could be described as geeks-r-us.

[ May 10, 2006, 03:18: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Beat the Geeks?

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    uh... can't be, since I've never heard of that one...

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The Lone Gunmen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.