1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo!

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I WILL use those rivver sprites... and thuis am stealing mythology even more...

I think I have to add my therapist in the dedication 'cause she made the suggestion about Lapland mythology :D

RIght now, I am wonderingif I should reserve a chaprter for the river & sea journey, or just gloss 'em over?

Of course, they will be a great chance for the main chharacter to learn how to use the sword.... "Who taught you to fight? Your great-aunt Minnie?"

*sigh*

I really need to figure out how Wulfdane got his grubby not-so-little hands on the sword in the first place...

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yay! On NaNo/Nightwish inspired high/hyperactive spree! Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!

Stealing from mythology is good. Mythology in general is good. Yay!

Hmm, you can probably do some lively character interaction on board a crowded ship.

And to get a sword - just have some random guy run past and shove it into the character's hands, then run away :grin:

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Err, that would kill off the character. We're talking Moonblade-style swords :D

I am thinking Wulfdane found it somewhere stuck into a stone or somethin... or possibly took it off a dead warrior in a dungeon :D

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, maybe the guy was wearing gloves? :p

5. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

How about it was great-aunt Minnie who gave him the sword (and taught him how to use it).

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Is there something like a NaSSWriMo? You know, 'cause it would take a heck of less time to write a short story instead of a novel.

(EDIT: Well, I guess the focus is on quantity and not quality, so I guess there is not too much focus on revision. One author said that "there is no writing, only rewriting," that it's harder to rework on what you did than to gush out words. They also say that Ray Bradbury puts away a rough draft of work for a year, and revises it as a stranger when he rereads it.)

(EDIT: I also guess that there is relatively not a lot of editing in fantasy fiction.)

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I doubt it ... there's a NaNoWriWe - if you don't feel like taking a whole month to write a novel, write it in a week :p

Seriously, writing a short story under the same conditions as NaNo would be kind of pointless...

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Right now, I am angsting about the motivations for the bad guys.... why does The Necromant want those danmned swords? WHY?!??!

*sigh*

I suck.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Thanks to Aik, I now have a muddle that resembles a plot. Hurrah!

I'm pondering on how to work it in a way that won't have people want to bludgeon me to death. Maybe I should just resort to I Cuiveyulda Opelë. Choices, choices.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    *snicker*

I'll protect you, DM!

But I amm still angsting about the swords :(

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, maybe they're just cool swords? :)

Or maybe he really wants their pants (mystical pants of DOOM), and is just using the swords as an excuse.

12. Arabwel

Media:
    How the hell am I supposed to write with a mangled hand?

*thinks for a moment*

Well, if El could play the guitar....

13. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Because he needs them to complete his collection?
    Because they once belonged to him but were stolen and he want's them back?

Sorry, Ara, I guess I suck, too.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Nah, you don't. It's just that neither one of your suggestions fits the storyline :(

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Signed up. I've decided to do it after all :D

16. Arabwel

Media:
    YAY!

Go go NaNoWriMo! Go go NaNoWriMo!

I ave completelyy abandoned my plot. I have a new one. A superstah!/fangirl love story :p

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I discovered last night that I'm able to write 960 words in 20 minutes. NaNo is suddenly sounding a lot easier :) SHould be able to make it to the dayly limit within 40 minutes typing nonstop (of course, my hand will hurt like hell, but meh)

And Yay! KC has joined us!

Got a plot? :grin:

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I knew I'd forgotten something.... :p

19. Arabwel

Media:
    *snicker*

I am pimping my story idea around with such frequencym, that I can no longer remember whom I've told. If you feel like hearing about it, feel free to PM me..: i am too lazy to type it up here.

20. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    My gun vibes are striking up, dammit! The cyberpunk plot is resurfacing!

Maybe I can fight it away with some cool magical scenes. Plot. Plot. Need to gather a plot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.