1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

National characteristics / traits

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, May 18, 2006.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ain't that just a great place to live? :shake:

No it's not legal...

With good reasons. I speak French I'm automaticly from France, if I say I live in North America I'm an American. Bah!

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

@BA: You grouped Finns and Swedes together AFTER Harbourboy had complained to you about Australians and Kiwis.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fins...

Argumentative

:lol: :lol:

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Belgians (Flemish):

Warm
    Friendly
    Bourgondic (sp?)
    Cosy/Companiable
    Helpful
    Cheerful
    Masterbrewers
    Easygoing
    Good partyfreaks (the gents), better kissers (the ladies)
    Softspoken, gentle, raging lunatics with pints of fine lager.

In D&D terms they would be a mixup between dwarfs and gnomes. :D

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Canadians are viewed as:

Polite
    Extremely intelligent
    Sexy beyond belief
    And humble

:p

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    :grin: :lol: :shake: That's the funniest lie I've ever heard! :p To be honest, the only female Spaniard I've ever met (she's also 50% American (with German and English backgrounds) is breathtakingly gorgeous! :love: I don't know how she is in the sac, and I'll probably never find out... :sosad:

Hey, you should be glad you're confused for an American...because everyone knows the only thing worse than a Frenchman, is a French-Canadian! :p :shake: :rolling:

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Splunge - Hey, that describes me perfectly - especially the humble part!

Actually I think a very good description of Canadians are:

Multicultural - Which brings us back to all of the other discriptions of other cultures.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    :nono: Please watch what you say, If I didn't knew better I'd thought you were serious.

With comments like that no wonder I don't want to be confused as an American :deadhorse:

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Any Italians that I have met were not exactly what I would call 'cultured'. I know several that have lived here for years and never tried any local food. Its hard to believe that someone can visit NI and never try an egg soda.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Or brown lemonade, an ulster fry, tayto crisps, the list is endless. *sigh* How I miss Northern Ireland.

The Italians atmy school are quite stylish, the germans are loud and boorish, the chinese are workaholics and keep themselves to themselves. With the exception of the Hong Kong Chinese, who mix with the Brits.

My school plays out all these stereotypes.

12. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Dutch:

Focus on the small things
    Well-spoken in foreign languages (as are Norwegians and Swedes)
    Hard working, but like to moan about it
    Like to bike
    Like their beer
    Everyone smokes weed (or so the foreigners always seem to think)

German:

Hard working
    Love their rules
    Don't bike much, but at least the cars pay attention to you
    Like their beer and Wurst

13. Ofelix

Media:
    @ Teeck; That's good for them, but for ****'s sake I am NOT from France :shake: Silly frenchmen

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Italy and France.

The only place I had any problems was in England. The fish and chips I had in Canterbury the 2nd day there should have warned me.

In Italy the only loud people I heard were from the USA. :o

The French were great although I had been told they wouldn't like us. Bah. I think the tourist has a lot to do with bad attitude.

How could a country that has Splunge not be wonderful?

Didn't travel much in Mexico but I have relatives there.

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nakia, you hit that right on. I've been to many foreign countries and found that if I simply learn a few key words in the native language I have a wonderful visit.

16. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wow, that's a surprise... :D

That's because most Italians talk with their hands. ;)

It's no stereotype, they really do move their hands much when they are talking.

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I just watched a documentry on a US owned Filipino call centre, and the locals have to be trained to speak with perfect American accents to stand a chance.

That reminds me of the time I was accused of being French in Pittsburgh, because my name has a 'fada' and my accent is very different from the 'lucky charms' advertisement. Very Xenephobic attitudes.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

'Very Xenephobic attitude.'

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

ROFL, English people are SO not hard working, I don't know where you plucked that one from Barmy, I know you might want to believe it, but it's not true, we are deffinetly one of the lazyest workshy nations in the world.

20. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Danes use to think they are the best at everything, wich of course is nonsense. As a general Danes are quite oafish :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.