1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Reno Nights

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ironbeard, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

OOC: Sorry, still getting used to getting up on Saturday mornings :)

Karen looks at Durry, and pulls a sharp kitchen knife from a hidden pocket. "A lot of things could have happened by know, bbut they haven't. Why don't you take that as a good sign and play nice, Durry?"

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ooc: This is basicaly a spam post so that Ironbeard can post. I'll leave him to recap what happened in chat

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Eventually Karen admitted she had heard Skinny Jim talking about Durry's "potential" and had decided to see for herself. She left, telling Durry to keep the fruit. That night, Durry met Skinny Jim at the Skum Pit. Durry, Jim and the Wild Boys spent the evening drinking and gambling. Through a combination of pickpocketing and gambling wins, Durry made fifty chips from the night. He also passed the first in a series of initiation tests, fist-fighting.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

ooc: I'll be late for any session that may be on tomorrow

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

OOC: OK, quickchat is screwed. Rather than waste time trying to reconnect, why don't we continue on the boards?

In the fistfighting test, Durry and Gregor exchanged blows on a fairly close to one-for-one basis. Things started looking bad for Durry when he overextended himself and lost his balance. as he got up, he scooped up some dirt and threw it in Gregor's face, hoping to even the score. Gregor was surprised by this move, and the dirt caught him right in the eyes. As he staggered back trying to clear his eyes, Durry moved in.

[ March 16, 2003, 12:02: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Durry now makes a flying tackle at Gragor and attempts to pummel him into the ground

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Gregor reacts a little too slowly and Durry slams into him, knocking him to the ground.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Durry begins to punch him in the face

ooc: How many AP do I have left?

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

(OOC: that's your turn up now. Really sorry about missing the live session, I'd missed a lot of sleep this week and slept in)
    Durry lays into Gregor. Blood starts pouring down his face. He clampers to his feet and throws his hands in the air. "I yield, you win!"

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Durry turns to Jim to see his reaction

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jim grins. "That's the first test passed. I think that'll be all for tonight, lads." he says.

12. Bumbaclott Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] OOC
    ========================
    I'm surprised you guys aren't making more use of the beautiful piece of software, OpenRPG. I don't mean to jump in the middle of your game or anything.. (so sorry for that) ..

btw.. I've been a Wasteland/Fallout fan since '97. I've had the PnP handbook for a while.. which I got from http://fallout-rpg.narod.ru/PnP.html .. I wish that the .com address worked. I've never played this game, but I've been GMing off and on for a long time. AD&D and Mage: The Ascension, mainly.. I'm interested in running a game or two (or more..) once I've learned the ropes. I'd be a later player, though.. So I'll be waiting around for those of you that don't mind staying up very late to RP.. (anywhere from 8pm-4am or so, depending..) I also understand if there just plain AREN'T any players that want to pull all-nighters.

.. Ooo.. quick question.. (again.. sorry for doing this in the middle of your game)

Has anyone considered taking advantage of the timeline options?.. We're not necessarily bound by what we've seen in the game.. There were other vaults throughout the country and very probably Russian equivalents .. in Russia! (DUH, ME!)

Two other options being:

..the fact that the Fallout universe is very forgiving and understanding that war happens and usually destroys everything. Nothing says that we couldn'tve done it again and had to reuse the vaults.

..the other, less enticing of course, the alternate dimension tactic. You could just act like the games never happened.. Tell your own tale. Redesign the map to your heart's content. (Might not be as fun, though..)

:D :D :D

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

OoC: You could start up your own game with all these suggestions

IC: "Will we be goin' back t' the <insert name of place we were gambling at here>?

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

"Lucky's?" asked Jim, "nah, we'd better call it a night. Gregor needs to rest up, and by the looks of you, you do to."

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Aww, alright, I guess I'd better be off anyway."
    Durry walks off towards the direction of his 'home'.

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

The streets of New Reno can often be dangerous at night, but Durry is smart enough to keep his head down. As he nears the makeshift shelter, he is able to discern the light of a small fire, and Arvarous hunched over it.
    Arvarous stands up as he sees him, and lets fly with a torrent of abuse. "So ye're back, then - ya lousy good-fer-nothin'" he yells, grabbing a two-by-four, "I'll larn ya for runnin' out on yer ol' pa like that! I'll larn ya good!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.