1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I do the reverse. I found out I couldn't keep resolutions so instead of quitting smoking I decided to smoke even more. The same goes for everything (eating, drinking, not working out, staying out late, hanging around in bars, etc).
    That way I don't feel bad if I can't keep them. ;)

2. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Those kinds are so easy to keep though :lol:

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My New Year's resolution is 1024x768.

:D

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Maybe, like Disciple and 8people, the key is to make them and start keeping them early.

Or maybe, not to make them at all - just DO them.

At any rate - the Year is Here. A happy and healthy 2007 to all!

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

1) Start studying again.
    2) Drop at least 20kg of weight.
    3) Stop wallowing in self-pity.
    4) Stop expecting future miracles.
    5) Enjoy today.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Don't really do New Year's resolutions, but I would like to put on some more weight (muscle mass mind you). Being around 6'2" and around 175 lbs. leaves me rather skinny looking, a look I'd really like to do away with.

7. revmaf

Here's the Cathy comic strip from Jan. 1:

(Cathy wrapped in towel in front of mirror)
    January 1, 2007! Time to look in the mirror and face the truth!

(Twirls to face mirror, back to us, opens towel)
    Wow! You are beautiful! You are an incredible, perfect goddess of lightness and love! Your outer being sparkles with the magic of your inner being!

(Walking away from mirror, towel back in place)
    Caption, not Cathy:
    Old problem: fat buildup
    New problem: affirmation buildup

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I resolve to get better grades in school.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Loosing weight. With a trip to the US ($3.50 all you can eat steak and salads!) and Christmas, I have never been so heavy, but I should be back to normal within 2 months at the latest.

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I could stand to lose some weight, but I don't think I care enough to actually bother with it.

I might have to start drinking a bit less. Strictly for financial reasons. Although I did read a lovely article recently about the wonderful things alcohol and the following hangover do to your brain.

No resolutions as such, though. The New Year has nothing to do with this stuff.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have found that no New Year resolutions means no bad conscience in a month or so when I can't keep them anyway. ;)

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Same thing I wish for every year -- to take over the world!

... or get rich.

13. revmaf

Get rich would be good, but taking over the world would be too much trouble. IMHO.

14. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'll absolutely get drunk more often. I spent too much time at home last year. Yeah, I think I'll manage to keep my word on that one.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Work out more regularly in the gym...

Not much else to be fixed! I'm pretty darn close to perfect! :)

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i only have one i think

wich is to give more suprise my girlfriend more often with gifts and romantic getaways

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.