1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Obama finally releases his birth certificate

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    She also stated that it was probably unconstitutional for a state to have different requirements for running for president (or for getting on the ballot) as the constitution has to be eligible to become president.

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why is this so important?

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:

Yes.

Also, let's not forget how wealthy and successful someone can become off of plain old hate-mongering:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42786288/ns/politics-decision_2012/

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Finally? FINALLY? For the love of Xenu, Snook, he publicly released his birth certificate, keeping it available online, before he was the Democratic nominee. Factcheck.org was allowed to take and post their own images of the same document, which they have hosted since before Obama was elected. More than that, the fact that Obama's mother is an American has never been in contention. If Obama were born in Kenya, there would be no need to hide it. McCain, after all, was born in Panama, and the vast majority of voters never had a problem with that -- far less voters, in fact, had a problem with McCain's documented out of country birth than with Obama's utterly fictitious and demonstrably false one.

Whether he was born in Hawaii, Kenya, or even communist China, Obama is still a natural born citizen. If he weren't, we wouldn't be asking ourselves how he managed to be elected president despite failing to meet the constitutional requirements for the office. There would be far more pressing questions. You see, Obama doesn't have any naturalization paperwork. Go ahead and check -- he's never been naturalized . Hell, he doesn't even have a work visa! Again, feel free to check -- the United States has never issued him a visa of any kind. If Obama isn't a natural born citizen, that would mean he's in the United States ...illegally.

Quick! Someone call the INS! Wait a second -- the INS would KNOW that Obama hasn't been naturalized and doesn't have a work visa. They must be in on it, too! We'll need to go over their head and bring this issue to the Presid-- Oh ****! Let's get real, Snook -- only drueling morons and certifiable lunatics ever actually believed that this issue had even the remotest semblance of validity -- hell, most of the wackos and morons knew it was garbage, too.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    T2Bruno and Silvery like this.
  5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What a country..........

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, he is the president...

Like what exactly? Since he was born in Hawaii, he's a natural born US citizen.

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I'm not really sure if it was tactically smart of Obama to release the certificate, to the extreme wackos it does not end the debate and I do think that he gains from serious republican candidates talking on and on about this birther nonsense since it's bound to alienate the moderates who really decide the elections. The ones who believe in this birther stuff are not going to vote for Obama anyhow. The longer the candidates keep rambling nonsense in order to excite the far right of the party the better it would be for Obama. Whoever wins the republican primary though will probably be smart enough to stop the rambling once they get the nomination.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I stand corrected, this isn't over by a long shot. The two most common things I'm hearing/reading are.

1. There is a set of twins who were born the day after Obama who have birth numbers that are lower then the birth number on his birth certificate. Personally, I'm not surprised, it isn't like government clerks are known for being the best and brightest.

2. The name of the local registrar on Obama's birth certificate is " U K L Lee". Now that is truly funny to me. I've been laughing about that for at least five minutes. :D

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  9. Chandos the Red

Media:
    This has been "over" for years. What some people can't get "over" is having a black president. It will never be over for them :rolleyes:

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Not only a black president, but a black Democrat! I think the idiots flogging this dead horse are just embarrassing themselves and small "c" conservatism. Obama's release of the long form was a good move -- it further marginalizes the whacks.

11. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    The problem is that it dignifies the discussion though. I can see how he'd want to put it all to rest, but I think he was better off not playing ball.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Snook,

After you tell me I don't have my facts straight (quite a stone to throw, coming from you), I write a lengthy, fact-filled rebuttal to your BS, and you can't even bother to respond? I thought you'd finally outgrown this childish "ignoring people I don't wanna answer" treatment. Since you're behaving like a troll, should we start treating you like one?

@ Gaear,

I think that's exactly right. It would have been the same if George W. Bush had directly responded to the 9/11 truthers. All it would have done is encourage them.

@ Chandos,

I don't think it's the blackness so much as the perceived muslimness. If he looked like Wesley Snipes and his father was from Trinidad (or something similar, you get the idea), I think this would have died a long time ago. There'd still be plenty of people who challenged his credibility - like the racist BS happening now where Trump and the other ass clowns are now demanding to see Obama's college records (insinuating that he was an undeserving beneficiary of affirmative action) - but on a much smaller scale. That's my feeling, anyway.

13. Chandos the Red

Media:
    It appears to be pretty much the same crowd.

DR - I thought the whole "birther" thing had racist overtones in the first place, but I was willing to see it as just gross dislike for Obama as a liberal Democrat rather than just a matter of race. Yet after those remarks about the "undeserving black student," and demands to see his grades, I'm more convinced of the race factor than ever. It's pretty common knowledge that GWB's grades were not that great at Yale but the same crowd never demanded to see the sub par "C" grades that GWB "bragged" about in his speeches.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    That was exactly the point I was trying to make a few posts up - most people believed him anyway, and didn't need convincing, and the ones that didn't won't believe the new evidence anyhow.

There's another kind?!?! Even Dukakis, one of the worst presidential nominees in history got 88% of the black vote.

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree Chandos, race is definitely a bigger factor than nationality technicalities (many of these same people were excited about a potential Schwarzenegger run, after all), though you aren't likely to get anyone to admit it. I just think it's less about him being black and more about his being perceived as a Muslim and/or Arab kind of black. The skin tone and the name certainly aid in stoking that perception, I admit.

16. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Thank you for reminding me about the days when Arnold was seen as a potential candidate for president.

That really puts the whole birther issue even more in perspective.

I actually got to know a report/camera guy a bit who said that if Arnold ran for president he was going to put a big bomb shelter in the backyard of where ever he lived at the time and live there for several decades due to concerns this could mean Shadowrun's background story could come true.

Also I have a teaparty family member who had some of the birther concerns. I'll ask him if he is happy now.

I would hope so because there are many times when he actually is reasonable or rethinks after looking at the evidence-though he is still has some general openness to questionable ideology.

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I apoligize, I didn't think your post warranted a response, it had nothing to do with ignoring you. I still don't believe you have your facts straight. You appear to believe (and maybe you are correct) that the FEC and the State department have jurisdiction over presidential elections. The link I posted seemed to imply to me that the FEC only is involved with fundraising and spending. It looks to me like if you run a small enough campaign you don't have to give them anything. I'm not sure where you got that the "State Department" has any say in anything as I believe they are a part of the executive branch.

From everything that I have seen it is entirely up to the States to determine who is eligible to be on the ballot. I agree that Brewer may be correct that it may be a waste of time to pass such legislation to require the presentation of a birth certificate, but I don't see anyway that it could be unconstitutional.

EDIT: I feel the need for a clarification. It appears that you believe there is a federal process to vet a candidate. I'm not quite sure there really is one and from what I've seen it looks like the State's control the ballots and it is unclear as to how many of them actually have a process also.

---------- Added 0 hours, 14 minutes and 27 seconds later... ----------

Bush's Yale transcript is and has been on the web for quite some time. So has Kerry's and I believe you can also see Gore's Harvard grades. Everyone says that Obama is supposed to be brilliant, it would be nice to see the proof or am I being racist?

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 51 seconds later... ----------

While I agree with your premise, the problem was that some doubt was starting to sink in to the Independents and he couldn't afford to lose them. That is a signifcant difference from Bush and the Truthers. Only the truly unhinged believed them.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Snook, you may be right with this. I've done some research, and I found this. It gives many examples, but unfortunately, they all seem to involve candidates running for state office. It certainly appears that the states have authority at the least to determine eligibility for state offices, and there is no example cited that says states do NOT have the right to do the same in national elections.

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Damn, I though I was on your ignore list :p

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    While we frequently disagree, I'm usually willing to give credit where it is due. (And admit that I may be wrong.) - I initially thought DR's analysis of who got on ballots was correct. It does appear that the states have far more discretion than I had believed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.