1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Obama finally releases his birth certificate

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Apr 27, 2011.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Then you are either ignoring facts or are just convinced that all Republicans are nutjobs. I have a hard time believing either one of you.

From a CNN poll

According to that only 37% of independents were positive he was born in the US. That my friend is what I call a seed of doubt.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    While several people provided answers, I agree most with Drew. They want to show his grades in undergraduate school were not that great, and therefore, he only got into Columbia and later Harvard because of affirmative action acceptance; i.e., if he were white, he never would have been admited with grades like that. (Note: I'm not saying his undergraduate grades at Occidantal College were poor - I have no idea what they were.)

Well, I'm sure he can prove the very first sentence at the very least easily enough. The one that says "FEC stands for Federal Election Commission".

Ain't that the truth. Everything they hear goes through a very simple process: Anything they hear that agrees with the preconceived option is accepted as true, while that which does not is rejected as false.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chandos:

I stand corrected. :)

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Snook - You are so funny. You even have a few others fooled with your attempt at misdirection. You claim to have crafted this thread because you are "disappointed" Obama took so long to show his BC. Really? You are REALLY disappointed by that? You claim that if he had done so sooner, "this would have gone away..." Really? Really. That this is a negative issue for him, Obama, and YOU are disappointed it won't go away? R-i-g-h-t. You love this issue, and you will do all you can to keep it alive, not only on this thread, but where ever else, I can only imagine. Oh, of course you and MOST of the rest know Obama was born here, of course he was. There is no doubt of that. But for Republicans the truth matters so little on this issue.

There probably are a few of the hard core kooks who really believe all this. But whether Obama was born in the US is not the real issue. It's how Obama is framed by the "questions" on his grades, where he born, which country he spent a few years in, blah, blah, blah. As long as they are "questions" who needs facts, since there are no real statements to counter - only the "suspicion" rasied by the questions. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    You are correct, my real name is Karl Rove.

6. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Yep!

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/karl-rove-blames-birthers-white-hous

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It's illuminating to see how birthers deal with the new situation, now that Obama has provided his full birth certificate, if one bothers to venture into that fever swamp they dwell in.

Take Joseph Farah from World Net Daily:
    Naturally that's preposterous nonsense legally.

The almost venerably unhinged Orly Taitz said that she still has her suspicions about the document provided by the state of Hawaii. She ...
    etc pp - h/t to TMP Muckraker

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO! Did you see that picture of Joseph Farah in that second link? Add a black tophat and some moustache wax, and he'd make the perfect villain stereotype :lol: :
    [​IMG]

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't believe you intelligent people are still discussing this seriously.

The rest of the world is shaking their collective heads and laughing at you for having seriously spent more than 5 minutes on this matter.

Cap'n CJ likes this.
  10. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I can't say I blame them. But It's good to know that there is still some sanity left somewhere in the world. Cuz it sure ain't here.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Joseph Farah is trying to sell a book. The Great American Dream lives on. :)

Chandos the Red likes this.
  12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Or it just isn't politically correct anymore :p . If that would cheer you up, I'd say political insanity exists everywhere - you just happen to be living in a country no one (well, almost) can afford to ignore.

13. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Dude, what you are talking about?

...A real "revelation...." ;)

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I mean that being sane, conciliatory and applying common sense may not necessarily be the correct political approach in the current environment. "Politically correct" is the right phrase to use here, no ;) ?

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No :p

16. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

So being correct politically isn't the same as being politically correct. I tell you, insanity is the way to go when it comes to politics.

Free the phrases!

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    "Political correctness" is often viewed as just another form of insanity. If you meant to say a political approach which is reasoned and measured, that would not be the term, at least not how it would be applied here.

Being in the US is currently like being in a political insane asylum. But being in one doesn't mean that there aren't crazies on the outside, or other asylums out there. It's not that difficult to understand that I was only speaking to Harbour Boy's comments, within the context of those comments, and not really to the larger picture beyond them.

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Actually, it was meant as a somewhat of a joke (or pun) on the meaning of "politically correct". I was surprised, and a bit amused, at the reaction it provoked :) .

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I received this in an email today and it touches on a lot of the points about this entire affair that bothered me.

20. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Since there was no question mark, I took that as a statement. As a question, it is mildly amusing, in the right context.

---------- Added 0 hours, 16 minutes and 50 seconds later... ----------

I suppose "many" could have been "shocked." I really didn't think that many actually cared about it either way.

They did. The writer is ill-informed. The courts looked at the matter and ruled it was nonsense. I guess the writer did not like the outcome.

All the above turned out to be true, but not the issue of Obama's BC. The courts looked at the case, but decided it was not worth anything. As I commented, the writer appears to not agree, so he is attempting to paint it as something different, that the issue was "not addressed."

Right. Because the cases ended up being dismissed in the end, for lack of substance.

Really? Maybe. It's more the billionaire who is threatened by Obama's "electability," at least in my opinion, but the writer is entitled to his own, that he believes Trump will actually be the Republican candidate.

I guess that's a new topic, since "standing up for the people" was never really the issue. That's an interesting topic, and I would recommend Ralph Nader's take on why our institutions no longer stand up for the average citizen. I will be nice and include a link that explores this topic more fully, since it has nothing to do with Obama's BC.

Which "ligitimate question" is the writer complaining about?

Yep. Some of us tried to give them the benefit of a doubt but in the end that's pretty much what it came down to.

At this point there is no need for me to comment more. I find it curious that you believe much of this "opinion piece," Snook. Oh, well. Maybe not.

Ralph Nader has some comments on the failure of our institutions: http://www.nader.org/

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.