1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online pen&paper games

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Okay kids, I've started up a new thread in Roleplay Corner at: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000090.html

Unless we're facing a mass defection this weekend as a result of turkey and stuffing ;) I'd still like to do some gaming on Saturday at 1pm EST. I'm pretty impressed with the OpenRPG tool - although it does take some getting used to. If you haven't used it before, you should probably take a look before we get together on Saturday - and you might as well load your characters into the D20 Tool character sheet.

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'll be available on Saturday as well.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

3. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll be able to make it :)

4. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hmm.. As much as it grieves me, it looks like I won't make it this saturday.

My friends are coming over and we'll be working on the crpg we're currently developing.

Err.. How about something radical like say.. Sunday!? :)

PS: How's openrpg testing going everyone ? I for one have no problems with it.

5. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Sunday's no good for me. I've got an IRL Session, and we're just starting, and i MIGHT be the DM. So i can't do it sunday. I'm prolly gonna make a Halfling Sorcerer in that group :)

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Well, Sunday mornings would be really, really annoying for me in general, this one in particular (it being my sister's birthday).

Aloha
    Vormaerin

7. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Since most people will be available (and I really look forward to a leisurely Sunday brunch :) ), I think we'll stick with Saturday this weekend at 1pm. I'll set up a room on OpenRPG for us all - probably with an imaginative name like 'Karyst' or something :b -- I'll post the name for sure, don't worry.

Invoker and Capstone - don't worry, I won't kill off your characters.

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just a quicky, can you confirm which city you are closest to for timezone purposes. Sorry, but I can't find any ref to EST time. I remember we used to be 5 hours diference but I think I was on summer time then. I've tried using my 'world clock' link from my chatroom page but that just shows major cities - Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa for example are all -5 hours.

PS if we are meeting up directly in openrpg do we also need a password? I haven't checked all of it yet.

9. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Don't know if we need a password- I'll let Gnolyn get that question- but all of those "major cities" are in fact in the same time zone so your world clock is giving you accurate information. We're in Toronto, nearly at the Western border of that time zone, and all those cities are clustered to the east and north of us, in case you want a Canadian geography lesson. :)

EST is New York time, for easier future reference.

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Shortly before 1pm I'll post here to say which of the OpenRPG servers I'm on, the name of the room, and I'll put in a password. Unless things change, the room and password info will be:

Room - Karyst
    Password - Gnolyn

Oh, and has everyone chosen an icon from OpenRPG or something similar?

11. void Guest

This is easily the longest post I've ever seen :sleep: .

Cheers, Void

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

i still have to download some stuff for open rpg, hehe. But i'll find an icon

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just a quick preemptive apology. Don't be surprised if I don't manage to make it tonight. I have spent a number of evenings and all day with the programme and still can't get it to do even the most basic of things - find servers, accept icons, or use the character templates. Admittedly it's not helped by the 'Help' file apparently talking about another piece of software all together (nothing works as described and there aren't even many of the buttons it tells you to use).

To be honest I'm not overly impressed with it anyway. Other than the map it doesn't seem to offer anything beyond a chatroom with some die macros. Oh well. While my level of enthusiasm is at it's lowest I suppose I should also reiterate that I was originally tempted to online RP based on creating the 'around the table feel' with real chat. Struggling to read everyone's comments while hamfistedly typing is not exactly filling me with excitement. So, I'll give it a go but don't be surprised if I drop out. Sorry. Fortunately there seems to be a large group here so one less shouldn't matter, just don't build Devious into any plots.

Hopefully see you later.

14. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Could you hear the miserable puppy-like whines emanating from Canada as we read your post? :(

Gnolyn asks, did you install the Python software, and are you using version 6?

Slappy, let's see if we can have NetMeeting running in the background so that you, Gnolyn and I at least can communicate by microphone. Yes, Gnolyn has a microphone now... and the others should be able to hear us via speakers at least even if they use a microphone to answer.

15. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Okay, I've set up a room with a password on OpenRPG. The details are:

Server: Temp OpenRPG Dev
    Room: Karyst
    Password Gnolyn

Slappy, if you're still having problems let us know. Sprite is monitoring the chat room at MatureGamer, keeping her eyes peeled ;)

Once everyone is in the room, I'll send out a text box for easier chatting - I find the chat line at the bottom of the program rather awkward myself. I'm also putting together some macros that will automate your combat rolls and stuff - unfortunately, not ready today.

For easier identification, in the OpenRPG program under the OpenRPG menu tab, open the Settings and type you character's name in the Player Name field - in case you haven't done that already. Hope to see you all soon :)

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Could you please keep stuff not related to SP, our boards, or any of our chatrooms off these forums?

I'm not keeping tabs on it, but it seems to me that none of this has any connection to SP. If it's a part of Slappy's site, please discuss it on his boards and/or chatroom.

17. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Sorry Tal - we were having some difficulty locating Slappy for the online portion of the Karyst D&D thread from Roleplay Corner. Didn't mean to cause any problems.

Since this is mostly just related to a few of us folks now, we should probably stop using this thread - anything to do with the game we'll cover in the RC Karyst threads, or through email.

18. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

You could do a yahoo egroup. That'd send it to all of us.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.