1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OOC Roleplay Corner Questions

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Crawl, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Let's stick with 3E PHB for the time being, its hard enough for everyone to get up to speed on that. NWN will be 3E only, when I asked the Bioware doods they said: "No prestige classes or regional feats in the initial release of NWN - but we MAY add them in a future suplement." Good enough for me.

ALFA is considering scripting some prestige classes. If anyone gets up to level 5 and has an IC reason we can talk about it again. It will not be a 'gimmie', you will have to find a mentor and train.

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sounds good to me. Like I said, it's not like anyone will be getting close to a level where they might get a prstige class anytime soon, but of course since I asked I am interested, and naturally would be willing to undertake whatever was necessary to gain one. However, right now I'm not itching to start incorparating the extra stuff in the suppliments onto my character. But thanks for considering such things; I think they add a lot of individuality to the basic classes.

3. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Erran, I will try to join the RC after all the trial and stuff is done. When I send you my character, how detailed do you want it? Do you want history, etc.?

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Relic: No, just send me the .cg3 sheet with how you spent your 32pts and how you spent your 120gp. If you are a spell caster, what spells you have memorised.
    Thx.

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Erran, I got a good question for you. Before I start divying up that 100 GP in the morning, I need to know if you want Thomas to get any of the rewards from these quests and adventures. Sorry, but I'm not really familiar with all of this, so I don't know if a DM with a PC needs his PC to get stuff.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] As Thomas the NPC's contribution was so minor he will not be offended if you leave him out of the share out.
    The stuff given to Knomal was to a) complete the disguise and b) share out. Dont forget the stuff you took from the guard. You can buy and sell at Optym's Blade, across the road. ;)

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

A question to Erran: On the open gaming foundation site it states that a sneak attack can be made with a ranged weapon provided the range is no greater than thirty feet. However, I think I remember you or another DM telling a PC that there could be no ranged sneak attacks. Could you please clarify this point for me?

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

it requires that the target is not aware of you are there or attacking. It looses it dex mod to ac as well.

Didn't think you could gain sneak attack bonus though, ah well, didn't pay much to the thief really.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31

This is more an out of character comment that question. I would like to remind everyone that the specific roleplay threads, at least the RC ones, are closed threads. That means unless you have permission from the DM or are part of the game, do not post comments or interject yourself into the RC threads. If anyone feels the need to spam, please do it somewhere else. It's ruins the feel of the threads when someone feels the need to interrupt with some mindless comment. I just ask in the future, don't spam in these threads. Thank you.

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And, uh, one more thing.... The dodge bonus gnomes, dwarves etc. get against giants. Does that mean that they can treat such encounters as if they had the dodge feat, or does it just improve the dodge feat if they have it?

11. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Unless someone proves me wrong I would definitely say that you have this bonus regardless of having the feat or not. I can't read the PHB in any other way.

I think the feat has nothing to do with this other than it gives the same type of bonus.

Edit: This seems to be one of the only times where bonuses stack. If you have the feat as well it will actually stack with the racial bonus unlike most other bonuses of the same type.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited November 23, 2001).]

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I'm going with Zorac here. As best as I can remember, dodge bonuses do stack with one another. Ironbeard, don't tell me you guys are already fighting giants. Heh, if so, better hope they stack:D

13. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A question: If your RC char dies, and is not ressed, do you start a new char from zero xp, or do you roll up a new char with roughly the same xp?

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] In my world we are using NWN/ALFA rules which say, if you die and aren't ress'ed you roll a new 1st level character. That should encourage more careful play! What happens to the deceased gear is ourely up to the survivors, the 'new' characcter has no claim on it.
    A word on ress. You lose one level on res (1st lvl chars lose 1 pointt of con, permanently), so it's not really worth raising chars <3rd lvl.

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31

So what happens then if a 10th level character dies? Does a first level charcter really belong in that party? Just a thought.

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

A 10th level char is a prime candidate for resurrection. Chances are they will have enough cash to pay for it by then, so comming back (if the res works) as 9th level is no biggie. It's at lower levels where its a trickier decision.

17. Carn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've never roleplayed before on the internet (aside from MMORPGs like Ultima Online, etc), or in real life for that matter. =) I was wondering what is the best way to get myself into an online campaign and learn the ropes. Thanks in advanced.

-edit-
    Btw, I think I'd like something more like an IRC real time session instead of these messageboard type campaigns. Thanks again. ;)

[This message has been edited by Carn (edited December 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Carn (edited December 28, 2001).]

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Carn, I'm not sure about every one else but I run at the moment a campain for newbes. As of right now their are no openings but if you would like to get the feal for it you can click on Campiagn of Kilren. I do posts because you think out what your next move is going to be and theirs no pressure in getting online and talking through a messager thing, like the FrendlyArm Inn. Thier are other ways to do it too. So look and read around. I do have one player who has not posted for awile, I might have to replace her. When I do I'll put a message in my campain. Hope you enjoy playing!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.