1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Outfitting Cernd and empowering Jaheira.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tronak el Karbaro, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I have to agree with what others have said up to this point - Jaheira, Jan, and Aerie are not weak characters. Yes, they are all multi-classed, but what you give up in power you more than make up for in versatility. The only way you could define this party as weak is if you don't like magic based parties. The way it stands right now, at any given time you could be simultaneously casting three divine spells (Cernd, Jaheira, Aerie) or three arcane spells (Jan, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen) - YIKES!

You have two perfectly servicable tanks the Wizard Slayer PC, and Jaheira. And yes, Jaheira becomes a tank as soon as she can cast Iron Skin. If that's not enough, you can spend most of her spell slots on defense and protection spells. With Cernd and Aerie tagging along, you'll have more than enough healing without having Jaheira memorizing a ton of healing spells.

Some things I would recommend to make the game more difficult:

1. Change the PC. A Beastmaster would work, but I'd take another cleric. The cleric would have to serve as a tank, unless you really are committed to a front line of Cernd and Jaheira (I never like using Cernd's shapeshifting ability - it seems too gimmicky to me). Additionally, as a cleric, he wouldn't add anything to the party that you don't have already. If you're really masocistic, take another mage. Or, and I don't even know if this is possilbe, start with a beastmaster and DC him to a cleric!

2. Keep Nalia and Imoen. Two characters that serve the exact same function, making both of them weaker party members in the long run. If you want to make it harder, dump Jaheira in order to keep them both.

2. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Jaheira weak? Try giving her Belm and Black Blood club and Improve Haste her.. "ouch" is an understatement.

Besides, who else would put proficiencies in club and scimitar otherwise?

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Jukka- so, still waiting on the BG2 JUPP... any progress?

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Jaheira dual-wielding? Didn't think of that in my party. Might try it soon, Jukka :) Still, as a sword'n'shield warrior she can be good enough, methinks (Insane AC later on, with iron skins - pretty much equals Haer'dalis with DS), plus the insect plague-like and the fire elemental spells she gets somewhat early make her dangerous vs. mages, too. As for the rest - well, you get yourselves a decent battle-able druid, who eventually in ToB can shapeshift into an elemental (and keep the iron skins - loved that part) with improved whirlwind. Oh my... She might not cast spells like Viconia, but is way above when it comes to dishing and taking damage, and she'll be doing a fair bit of both.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.