1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Palin and Paul Revere

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That can be a whole topic in itself. The cons can't hear the criticism of Obama from his own supporters, because of the noise of their own spin machine. If they stopped to listen they might actually learn something useful.

As far as Palin fans are concerned, Wiki had to lock the Paul Revere page because of their tampering, which has been pointed out already by DR. The real interesting thing about them is that they are just fans, much like those of Glenn Beck [and probably much the same crowd], since Palin quit her office to become a reality TV star and a Fox pundit. If she decides to run for office, that's very different thing. I think all the sharks are suddenly smelling blood in the political waters because of Obama's bungling of the economy. Of course, they won't consider that he's had help from the bad policies of the Republican House in helping tank the economy. Even Donald is talking of jumping back in, now that the opportunity may be there, so Sarah may not be far behind.

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can you actually imagine that hairdo running our country? Scary... though I would watch SNL every week again, the skits would be hilarious...

3. rg58 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ok lets get this out of the way, I think both palin & obama are idiots. I didnt always feel this way, in fact I'm one of those who fell for the slick packaging of barack back in '08 & voted for him(yeah, yeah i know, WTF was I thinking?!?). I personally rank that in the top 10 stupidest things I have done in my entire life.

Supporters can call him talented, smart, whatever, the man is clueless. I'm sorry deathrabbit but it demonstrably isn't false when you can watch his speeches given with a teleprompter & then watch any that he did without one. You can almost physically see his IQ dropping. He is a great campaigner but thats it, when it comes to actually following through with the plans, no.

So stating that something is basically complete when less than 10% is actually completed is just a social gaffe & not a misstatement? Your own definitions puts the lie to that one.

As far as a choice between voting for obama or palin, I see it as the choice between stabbing myself in the eye with a knife & shooting myself in the testicles with a gun. Both would suck & I'm not really sure which would be more painful.
    If I was choosing candidates for the republicans I would choose a herman cain/ron paul ticket. I feel like they could cover each others weaknesses & add their strengths together.

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. As a position it is neither compelling, widely held or supported by the facts. I've seen plenty of his speeches, debates, and off-the-cuff interviews, all done without teleprompters. He does just fine without one.

If you want to criticize Obama's positions and policies, I welcome you to do that – but don't sit here and act like he's some bumbling doofus when it is obvious to any intellectually honest person that he is not. Not a thing you just said is based in reality.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Amen! Your entire post was right on point, but I'll just quote a snip for brevity.

No doubt, but in the most disturbing way imaginable.

Death Rabbit likes this.
  6. Chandos the Red

Media:
    ...And voting for Palin would not have been? I was actually considering voting for Mac until he put Palin on the ticket. That did for me. I still don't regret my vote for Obama. He's certainly an improvement over Bush, but not quite what I was hoping for.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't beat yourself up my friend, as your other choice at the time was Palin as a VP. It was a lose-lose choice the public was given. I voted for Mac(My 1st time voting republican and I live in IL), but would of voted for Hilary against Mac. I also would of voted for Obama if he chose Hilary as his sidekick instead of Crazy Joe.

8. rg58 Gems: 5/31

No chandos the red, voting for palin would also have been just as bad.
    Deathrabbit That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. As a position it is neither compelling, widely held or supported by the facts.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow. Good one.

10. rg58 Gems: 5/31

:D Thats why i used it.
    I'm sorry, I just can't take politics too seriously. If we all did, there would be a mass explosions of heads round the world. :p

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Be careful, though. Politics is too expensive to be treated only as entertainment.

---------- Added 23 hours, 49 minutes and 47 seconds later... ----------

By the way, what is all that noise about Sarah Palin's emails? Does anyone really care?

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm sure people would have cared if they found anything juicy in them, but so far I've heard they're pretty uninteresting.

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, the right wing blogs keep on waiting for the media to go over Obama's emails with the same level of scrutiny.

The strange thing is this may actually be working out for Palin as the emails seem to be showing that she is a lot more competant then anyone thought she was.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I didn't watch, but apparently Michelle Bachmann did really well in the Republican debate last night. (To be honest, I forgot it was even on.) It is not inconceivable that Bachmann would be a decent substitute for Palin in the eyes of those in the Tea Party.

15. Chandos the Red

Media:
    If the perspective is from the far right, she did well. The quality of the entire debate was horrible. They were all trying not to step on each others toes, while spewing their Obama tirades. Bachmann did well as the cheeleader for "One term Obama," typical Republican rant: "We are clueless on what to do about anything, but anyone is better than Obama."

Snook - In some of the emails Palin praises Obama on energy policy. It proves what an absolute political phony she is. Surprised? You shouldn't be.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. (of course I'm directing this at Obama, whereas I'll assume you will think of Palin :D )

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Palin on Obama regarding energy:

And on Mac's support of addressing climate change:

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'm confused -- how did her e-mails become public knowledge?

19. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Pretty much sums it up for me:

And:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...first-thoughts-last-nights-winners-and-losers

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Freedom of Information Act request. I assume these are her emails as acting governor, so not private.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.