1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pictures, Portraits/Avatars and the Mind's Eye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by dmc, Jul 23, 2003.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Best I can tell, there is no requirement that you post a picture to join the group. So, all you voyeurs can join and poke fun at those of us with pictures knowing you are safe in your anonymity.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not really. I only approve people I know from here or the chatroom. So if you use some weird name on the group signup list and you get denied access, but are otherwise a regular here (mind, regular, not visiting once every few months) reapply with your name here or on the boards and explain who you are in the join msg.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No you don't; you have a sparkling little gem where your face should be. :D

Anyway, who would want to see *my* face in the gallery? :confused: I doubt that anyone would.

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

OK, for those with a curious mind, I have added an album to the SP Photo Albums. Now you can see if I really look like my avatar. You can also see a picture of Serena Lynx and the rest of my family.

For those that need the link and can't find it, here it is: http://groups.msn.com/SorcerersPlaceMemberPhotos/

[ July 25, 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: Baldak Oakfist ]

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Baldak, I have a theory that you are a slightly loony person.
    Don't you have any normal photos?

'You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity,' ~ Buzz Lightyear

:p

6. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hey Tal, my username was Iamdman18 because dman18 was taken, I'm going to reapply so this time could you accept me, please :D . It might be I_am_dman18 just so you no.

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I have seen the SP photo album, but kinda unregisterd myself. I can't re-register with the same username, and if I re-register with a different name, Tal probably won't recognize me. No worries, I plan on changing my PDN soon (I'll make a thread about that in 24 hours), re-register to the SP photo album, but I probably won't put any photo's of myself on there. The shock would just be too great, when people realize I look nothing like my avatar; I don't have pointy ears, I have a different hair color, I don't have a scar across my face (hardly noticable on the avatar), and I don't have that cool mysterious look that my alter ego has.

8. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yes, I am slightly looney. And I do have "normal" photos, but those are so ................. normal.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, wait as you see me in my LARP garb... :D

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Could just be my computer but none of the links above worked, nor did the link Kitrax gave in the Random Babbling posts. Inncorrect Page.

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Great pictures!

The Master of Nuhn "potty shot" takes the cake! Well done MoN! Beating out Baldak was not easy, but you got it done.

Does anyone know who set the group up? I would like to thank them. I may have received an email welcoming me to the group, but the email address that I gave (same one as here) is so deluged with spam that I rarely check it anymore.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I believe that Shell gets the credit, Jack.

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I hate that with the photo album you only get the newest albums, not the newest pictures. If I uploads a pic now no-one would see it because I am on the bottom of page 2 IIRC and that sucks. Also, I don't remember if I'm named Ivanji or Velve there, gotta check someday. Anyway, check out my album!

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I screwed it up. When i went to join, it asked for my Msn nickname and I stuffed it up, and now I can't get in!!!! This is really frustrating.

Is there anyway to get in? I tried to change my MSN nickname to my group nickname, but it won't change, someone else using it...

Bugger.

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

So with a few 'minor' exception left in the middle :rolleyes:

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You can do this? How?
    I had the same problem as you, but I can't work out how to change my MSN nickname...

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Go to your msn home and click where it says "<Insert name here>" up the top with a smiley next to it. Then click it. Should come up with your profile. Then change it.

I'm going to apply with my MSN nickname, Kaylym Murr. Hoping someone lets me in.

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't really look like my avatar, nor do I want to. I like the intensity and the pose, but that's about it.

I do have a digital camera and hundreds of pictures on CD, but most of them are of the baby. She looks like me though, does that count? ;)

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Only if she's still wearing diapers, too. :D ;)

20. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

I'm still waiting. Can someone please let me in on who is set this up so I can email them and ask them directly. Its been about 2 weeks, and I can't get in until i'm accepted. C'mon already.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.