1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Dammit Tak - what did I tell you about bringing in strays! :p

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    You said bringing them in was ok. I just wasnt allowed to go to bed with them. :lol:

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Jeez, guys. I leave you alone for five days and you all need my help! Bah, now I get to stitch up the captain and figure out what's wrong with Turk.

I'll post in the morning. I'm way too tired right now.

4. The Kilted Crusader

Welcome back Lai! :wave:

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Thanks, Kilt-boy :p

Now I get to deal with an unconsious Arvin and Turk. Yay! :rolleyes:

6. Takara

Media:
    I'm sorry if it's a burden. :( didnt mean for all of this to happen.

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

It's all good, I'll deal with it.

Just a note, Jag asked me to do what I am about to post. This was NOT my idea.

8. Takara

Media:
    It's a lovely post Lai. Gentle. And Jag... why didnt you tell me you wanted out? I needn't have dragged you down to Alexa's infirmary.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *snigger*

This is proving out to be more fun that any other RP I've ever played in... and yes, DM; that includes Pride and Prejudice :p

10. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Here is the newest edition to the Dark Side:

HISTORY-

Lark lived in FreeTown from the day of his birth. His parents left the town about eleven years after his birth, and since then he has survived alone in the rogue town. He was a ‘street rat’ of a different kind. He did not steal or mug, but could handle any situation with his brute strength. Although he was strong and powerful, and some people were even afraid of him, life was not good for the orphan. That was until the day Marius and his crew arrived. After joining the pirate crew, Lark's life went from harsh to enjoyable. The life of a pirate was the life that suited him the best.

PERSONALITY-

Lark is always up for a good time and a laugh or two. He is a friendly character and, surprisingly, dislikes battle. However, this does not prevent him from fighting when necessary. He is a happy person, and easily mingles with strangers. But he is also strange, in his own way. Lark is known to always see things/situations from a different way to everyone around him. This characteristic is not always a good thing for him.

APPEARANCE/DRESS-

Lark rarely cares about his appearance and what others think about him. He usually is wearing baggy pants with no shirt nor shoes. He is a very well built, brawny chap, which becomes useful in battles. He has natural dark skin and a shining, baldhead. Lark is one of those men can take care of himself. He walks around freely showing his two broad swords to warn ‘interested’ trouble makers to stay away. But these two swords don’t always keep Lark out of trouble.

(OoC) For those who have seen the movie “The Green Mile”, I am picturing Lark to look like the guy on that.

11. Takara

Media:
    [​IMG] After some discussion with Rally, I've brought up my concerns that the thread needs some rules. The last week has shown me that relying on common sense, has been a fatal flaw. So from now, these rules are going to be in force.

1. No Uber posting. Powergaming is NOT allowed. If you cant post realisticly, please dont bother posting. It's no fun, if your character is limited by realism, and someone else has "god" mode on.

2. There are 2 DM types in this thread. I oversee the goodies, and Rally oversees the baddies. I dont tell her how to manage her affairs, or her crew, and vice versa. But as such, we have final say over our respective sides, and moderate the actions of those on our crew if necessary.

3. If you are affecting, or interacting, with members from the other side. Ie, if Sol went on a sabotage mission to Marius' ship, then you MUST inform that sides DM BEFORE posting. The dark side does not get to play with the light side's crew, without my say so. And vice versa. You have NO jurisdiction, AT ALL, to use characters from the "other side" in your post, without that sides DM's express permission.

4. If you fail to heed a DM's warning, your character will be delt with at the DM's discretion.

This is to prevent total chaos in this thread, and people posting anything whimsical that comes to mind.

Breach of these rules will result in eviction from the thread.

If you dont like these rules, then feel free to leave. If you want to start your own Pirate RP, then I say great. I'd rather you powergame there than here.

[ October 29, 2004, 17:55: Message edited by: Takara ]

12. The Kilted Crusader

Someone break the rules so I can test out my new tulwar ;)

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I heartily endorse the above.

Note to all and sundry: Marius' Grand Plan REQUIRES Arvin to be captain of the Violet Marauder, and securely in command of his crew. I wanted a few insiders for intel purposes only, and to keep Arvin on track if need be. How you wish to develop your own character is up to you, as long as it doesn't disrupt the progress of the overall plot. Mutiny would be considered HIGHLY disruptive. :rolleyes:

Lantus, if this changes your mind about where you want to be, there's still time to take a position on the Devastation or the ... whatever I've named Pete's ship. ;)

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

I have no problem with these rules. May I make a small addendum to them?

If you want to kill your character off, just do it, don't ask someone else to write the character death for you. It's unfair for the other players to have to write something like that.

15. Takara

Media:
    That's a fair point Lai. If you want to leave the thread, and kill off your character, Please, do it yourself. Or let me do it. I dont mind at all. Just dont expect it to be pleasant. :p

16. The Kilted Crusader

Ya stole Sol's clothes, Lantus! :p

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

My bad!

18. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Lantus can you watch your spelling please? there were alot of typo's in your last post.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Dalveen, there's no apostrophe in "typos."

20. Lantus Gems: 11/31

sorry guys!

[edit:]

Sol sure does know how to amke things difficult!!!

[ November 02, 2004, 06:28: Message edited by: Lantus ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.